COVID-19 and YOU

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Aegis, Mar 19, 2020.

1. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

So you’re saying there’s a chance!?

2. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

Daycare has been killing us this fall. Kids have to be symptom-free for 48 hours in order to go. What kid is ever symptom-free? On average, my wife and I have missed about 1 full day of work, every week since August. We're both long out of PTO.

And they still had an exposure at daycare, luckily none of us got it, but then daycare was closed for 10 days!

My wife got a really exciting promotion at Cirrus, starting a whole new department, starting January 3rd. She'll be working 4 10 hr days, so I'm going down to part time, 2 days a week, so we don't have to rely on daycare anymore.

3. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

Honestly, I'm at the point where I genuinely don't even care if I get it anymore. at least 75% of people give zero ****s at this point, even if they're hacking up a lung and look like death (like one of the owners here that wasn't wearing a mask until they day he got tested and popped positive). Not sure why I should care about anyone else's well being at this point when they're too selfish to give a **** about anyone in the building/store/etc...

4. euro

euro Well-Known Member

That's where my wife and I are at with our 1 year old. She works part time 1 or two days a week and i work from home 4-5 days a week depending on projects so we dont have daycare. Only problem is Finnley hasn't really played with other kids still...

5. blackozone

blackozone Well-Known Member

I've been WFH since March of last year as well, only dispatching on-site when needed. Daycare has been a mixed-bag. First, our oldest got a case of Covid from school, so she self-quarantined which kept the rest of us from getting it. However, with a confirmed case in the house, the young one was not allowed back for 2 weeks. Then, a few weeks later, our daycare provider and one of her daughters caught a positive case, so we had to go without daycare again for another 2 weeks. Fortunately for us, we had lots of PTO. Otherwise, we're trying to stay safe until vaccines are approved for children under 5.

6. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

Yep. Both my kids are very social, my daughter is in preschool 4 days a week, so no problem there. My son is almost 2, so I will have to make an effort to get out and do things, and see people *shudders*

tangledupinblu and euro like this.
  7. silver03

silver03 Well-Known Member

I've been WFH for almost eight years. Very little, if any interruption in our routine. As for masks and shots, every person needs to do what they believe is best for themselves and their family. This goes for everyone regardless of whether they got the jab(s) or not.

tangledupinblu likes this.
  8. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

Months...I meant to say "years", sorry.

This is not really what I had envisioned retirement to be like. Being introverts I think has helped my wife and I deal with this better than a lot of people have. My 50-year-old nephew (who was vaccinated with J&J...the "Coors Light" of COVID vaccines apparently) did contract COVID and was hospitalized for three nights, but has recovered with no lasting effects.

This is what is keeping us sane.

IMG_4514.JPG

tangledupinblu and silver03 like this.