Crickets...?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by tangledupinblu, Feb 9, 2019.

1. badbennyb

badbennyb Has no title

Having not personally owned a Subaru in years (wife still has an 09 Forester) I just haven't had anything to contribute to the conversation. That said, taking the occasional peek at what's going on around here always has gives me that "at home" feeling. I do miss the old Firestone/in person gatherings.

readymix likes this.
  2. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

You should hop into the chat or the Discord channel. I had a beater Subaru for about 15 months back in 2016, but otherwise we have been Subaru-less since at least 2012 I think. I still come here because nearly all of my friends that I keep in touch with, especially locally, are all from here in some capacity. Some of us get together at the MOA or the Rosedale Mall (in the warmer months) for the "O.G meet." So far this winter, it has been mostly going to MOA, getting a few drinks and some dinner and then heading home at a decent hour (we're old now.) There is also a contingent of us that go play Pokemon Go either at the mall or the fairgrounds once a month.

I don't think any of the above mentioned things are actually Car or Subaru related in any way. I do, however, really miss Firestone. I wonder how difficult it would be to pick a new University Ave type location, and rally the local car communities around it.

Mnelson and tangledupinblu like this.
  3. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

That would be awesome. Miss seeing all of the fun builds. And sharing stories about Evan and Matt with their pants on the ground. Good times

4. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

I'm here for the gang bang...

oops, wrong forum. Carry on.

5. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

No.... I am pretty sure this is the correct forum...

Russ

Mnelson, Aegis, Krazylegz1485 and 2 others like this.
  6. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

^What this guy said.

Krazylegz1485 likes this.