Damons meet 4 WRC on Sun. 0418

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by bikerboy, Apr 10, 2004.

1. DISCOPOPE

DISCOPOPE Well-Known Member

heh i got there about 8:15.... no soobies in the lot so i went in and looked arround. didnt see anyone i remember form the last firestone night i was at.. i think i saw vic leaving..

i got a beer and a burger and watched the wolves game.
    balatrowrx showed up and we talked for a while, and then i had to go cause some waitress thought i was hitting on her. :eek:
    i stopped on nicolett at a burger king and got a medium vanilla shake, then i went home :)

/cheers

2. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by DISCOPOPE

heh i got there about 8:15.... no soobies in the lot so i went in and looked arround. didnt see anyone i remember form the last firestone night i was at.. i think i saw vic leaving..

i got a beer and a burger and watched the wolves game.
    balatrowrx showed up and we talked for a while, and then i had to go cause some waitress thought i was hitting on her. :eek:
    i stopped on nicolett at a burger king and got a medium vanilla shake, then i went home :)

/cheers
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

DoH, was that your White STi outside? It must have been you then... I left at 8:30PM... since you arrive at 8:15... why didn't you come over to the front row seat... I was there with a bunch of menu looking stupid LOL.

The Mgr won't turn SPEED ch. on because I was the only one there. She was being a Beep. She said, no group... no Rally screen :(! WTF.

It's all good...

3. jprice

jprice Well-Known Member

No one showed except for Vic? lame. :-(

4. Zola

Zola Well-Known Member

That's how this group is...no one will commit to anything.

Let's have a meet! What should we do? How about pizza? then...*tumbleweed*

Go-karting! Tell me how many people you're bringing. Then everyone backs out at THE LAST MINUTE or doesn't bring who they said they would.

At least we're consistent. Consistently unreliable.

5. DISCOPOPE

DISCOPOPE Well-Known Member

hehe,vic i didnt see you... there was a group of about 8 folks down in front, but i didn't recognise anyone...
    i didnt want to go up to a group of asians and say, "yeah you all drive subarus right!" lol...

6. Gspot

Gspot New Member

I would have gone if it werent for the weather. The last time we went to Damons there was like 7 of us.

7. yosmiley

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by DISCOPOPE

hehe,vic i didnt see you... there was a group of about 8 folks down in front, but i didn't recognise anyone...
    i didnt want to go up to a group of asians and say, "yeah you all drive subarus right!" lol...

Yeah, I know which group your talking about... those Asian folks were the one on the far left hand screen. They were there for the Basketball game... I was the lone Asian guy with the black jacket sitting front and center with a bunch of menu on the table looking like a :eek:) AHAHAHA...

It's not your fault or anything... it's the weather that didn't permit others to attend.

I wasn't too happy when the manager came and told me about not able to put the Speed Channel on because I was the only one of the group there... I understand that... but at least I'm there so put the darn show on :(!

Joel, I don't know what to tell you man... :???: I'm lost for words with your comment. I can only say... I agree.

8. yosmiley

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by jprice

No one showed except for Vic? lame. :-(

The folks that showed up are myself, discopope and balatrowrx even though we missed each other in the transition.

Due to bad weather, I don't blame the others for not showing up. I live close by so I had to show up whether anyone is coming or not, besides... they got my name and number on the list so I didn't want to leave a bad image on the MNSUBARU club. Hope they'll have us next time.

9. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

I feel really bad. I started the event and didn't show. I hope I have the reputation for follow through when I say I will do something I do it.

They said the magic word when I was at Daves house <font size="4">hail</font id="size4"> I raced home and put my truck in the garage.

M

10. balatroWRX

balatroWRX Guest

Yeah too bad the weather had to be so crapy. I drove my junky Mazda incase I got caught in the hail. I guess if your subies are your everyday driver I can see why some of you didn't show. It would've been fun to get some more people but oh well what'cha gonna do. There's always a next time and better weather

11. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Ya, it was a last minute decision for me. I figured that when I couldn't see my truck out in front of the house because is was raining so hard, I would just stay home. Oh well, maybe next time. At least I wasn't the only one who didn't show.

Russ

12. RallyNavvie

RallyNavvie Well-Known Member

hail = new paint job

I have a $0 deductable on comp claims so while I don't really welcome hail I certainly don't run from it. Besides, my car really needs a complete repaint :D

13. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by RallyNavvie

hail = new paint job

I have a $0 deductable on comp claims so while I don't really welcome hail I certainly don't run from it. Besides, my car really needs a complete repaint :D

yeah, i guess you don't know how insurance works. You still get points against you for the claim.

14. Substeroo

Substeroo Well-Known Member

Wow big surprise! I wasn't able to go but I never said I would either, I had to go to a BABY SHOWER [xx(]. It was about the only time I have ever worried about hail. :eek:) The shag wag has been through worse...:cool: but my new baby was probably a little concerned sitting out there with the impending storm as it grew darker and darker...:(

15. RallyNavvie

RallyNavvie Well-Known Member

Actually I know all too well how insurance works. One totalled Impreza in 2000, one Ford truck burned to the ground in 2001, three claims against my DSM in 2000-2001 from it being hit by someone else (their insurance paid for it), and then the break-in on my current car back in 2001. All this and no moving violations on my record at all and I'm still paying less than $800 a year for insurance, and I'm not even 25 :p

I'm on a first name basis with my insurance agent, who I am still in good standing with. Only one of the above-listed claims I had to pay a deductable for (the break-in). Everything I have added to the car has been documented and is also covered under my insurance. He also knows I race the car and we both know they won't cover it if something happens to it while I'm competing, however if I'm working an event (like I do for AARRF) and someone hits it I'll be covered one way or another.

Moral of the story is: don't get moving violations :D

16. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kickin_81

Alright, guys. I'm caught. Lue, when did you see me? In my defense, I was doing my laundry... it just so happens that she was there. :roll: :p With a girl like this, who would not want to be whooped? [​IMG]

By the way, anyone drive home drunk from Damons? It's pretty bad out there. My EGT gauge was jumping all over the place driving over heavy rain. :eek:

Hmmmm.....are you sure she didnt' take out the whip and make you do it? that is a long ways just to do the laundry....:p

but anyway i think i saw you on the day of the storm....lee, me, fuji, and lee's little brother was in lee's RS going to phalen to catch some little bass to through in my 55g tank....took maryland to get to gimps live baits..and we saw you there...

17. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

Lue, if I said "no" then a whip would have been involved. You have to know the tricks of the trade to get by in a relationship. Ask me anything, I should have a shortcut made for it. LOL! Blaine's laundromats only are 8 minutes for 25 cents per dry. I like the 15min. per 25 cents at that one on Maryland ave. How was fishing? You guys probably went swimming instead since it was so hot that day. :D I like looking at all the sweaty girls there. Should have been there!

18. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

fong, try the one on rice street...fry drying every tuesdays...that's also the day when all the hot hmong girls show up.....better watch out for that whip....lol...

fishing was ok...we only fished for like....3 mintues..then just ran around the lake..then that one storm kicked in..we was all the way on the other side of the lake too..had to run all the way back before storm kicks in...we made it in time...:)