DCTC Aug 31 Photos

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by Musashi, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Nuke

Nuke Well-Known Member

i'll get it up on youtube soon.

2. retreif

retreif Well-Known Member

That is a bit of a cruise. I would be interested in an event like this. Next year?

3. Matt D.

Matt D. New Member

Lazy from autocross? You missed the COM event at DCTC. There were three places that I downshifted. It would definitely be fun, let me know.

4. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

I was between 3rd/4th most of the course and downshifted from 3rd to 2nd on the decreasing radius sweeper into the downhill section on the Northwest corner, and from 4th (to 3rd) to 2nd in the downhill off-camber chicane after the concrete pad:biggrin:

Those COM events are definitely fun! Less technical, but lots of speed!

5. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

The eval's from the event has been encouraging. We are talking with DCTC to given them our eval how things went and how they can help make our program better.

We are considering another event before the snow fall, or we can do one in the winter. I have some really cool idea's that I think would generate more interest and I still have a few differenct course designs we could test out.

But the pending question is do we have enough interest and commitment from driver to make it worth while. There were a few Moderators and board members from the club that participated in this event. And during the event we had some discussions about possibly hosting an event just for the MNsubaru group.

So we have a small task list ahead of us before we decide about hosting another event. I appreciate the response from those interested. I will do my best to make sure we entertain you for the day.

6. greg donovan

greg donovan Well-Known Member

knowing what the cost will be will help a lot.

maybe you could list a break down of potential cost per car in relation to the amount of cars that may enter.

ie. (using totally made up numbers) if 10 cars enter it is 200 per car but if 20 cars enter it is only 100 per car.

as much as i love rallycross this has the potential for a much better value in a dollars to seat time ratio when i factor in the 3 1/2 hour drive from fargo.

7. Matt D.

Matt D. New Member

You best be coming to Eau Claire and/or Canterbury coming up, big nationals-style courses!

8. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

Is the cvscc course going to be on the driving course again (instead of the parking lot)?

Just signed up for Canterbury weekend :biggrin:

9. Matt D.

Matt D. New Member

BIG parking lot. Steve Garnobst has already said he will be replicating a course from nationals.

10. i_subie

i_subie Well-Known Member

where's the video?

11. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

Well the latest is the Devin is getting married so he'll be out for a while, so the video he was taking will take low priority at this point. But I thought there were others taking some videos as well.

Well next time you'll have you just video all day, since you're such a good drive and don't need any practicing right Sheboygan-man! :laugh:

JK, I'll follow up with my friend on the subject. Wedding and honey-moon'n hopefully is complete by now. ;)

12. i_subie

i_subie Well-Known Member

HA! Next time...well...uhhh...I hope my car will last longer. But yes, I'm buying a camera mount, it's similar to what them Option/BMI guys have.