dear jesus someone help

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Tash, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Lowrider

Lowrider Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. Tash

Tash Well-Known Member

he tried to go get it a few times, i guess the owner of the dealership's wife was driving it around so it was when she brought it in. which i would have said the hell with it right there, if i want to buy a car i shouldnt have to wait till someone brigns it in! second he actually brought it home tonight and the dealer (an acutal acura dealer) was cheap enough to not even clean the car well (intercoorer was coated with all kinds of dirt ( it was dark out when he brought it over so i didnt get to look at the whole car). they also didnt even give him a full tank of gas. and best of all when he was showing it to me in the drive way it died and he needed a jump. they sold it to him with a bad batt. which had to have been known if the owner's wife was using it daily.

3. Mr.Tran

Mr.Tran Well-Known Member

I'd literally return it after the jump...

4. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

Nothing wrong with the rdx... just have him buy a crx and swap the powertrain into that.

5. Mr.Tran

Mr.Tran Well-Known Member

Don't forget the supercharger.

6. idget

leave it turbo... maybe slightly bigger than the stocker tho

7. blackozone

blackozone Well-Known Member

I'd wait at least three days before bringing it back.

8. Tash

Tash Well-Known Member

i wish he would bring it back and pick up the fxt insted so he didnt look like such a soccer mom driving!

9. Matchbx

Matchbx Well-Known Member

Hey, there's nothing wrong with Honda SUV's. They can get just as sideways as a WRX on the rally stages. Just ask me, I'll tell you! If you want, I can prove it too!! LOL!!!!

10. idget

Id rather look like a soccer mom than a bro brah in a brobaru impreza, bro. Of course he could have the best of both worlds by driving a lifted brorunner.

11. NaMinesClarence

NaMinesClarence Well-Known Member

As I was reading through this I was waiting for someone to point out the fact that the Impreza and Forester are on the same chassis.

I also wish I would have gotten a wagon instead of a sedan. Now that I have my Grand Cherokee I can see how useful it is to have that extra cargo area.

Lastly, do what ever it takes to make yourself happy in the long run, I made a purchase that I somewhat regret because I listened to what other told me to do. Did I love my WRX? Yes. If I could go back and do it over a different way would I? Yes. Like I said if you are happy with it then great, more power to you. Happy shopping!

12. Tash

Tash Well-Known Member

well personally i gave up on him, he bought an suv for the space and now he wants to get rid of that space to put a sound system in it *facepalm*

13. burtonboy00

burtonboy00 Well-Known Member

You can drive a mostly stock base 2.5i and get into plenty of trouble...I would know

14. fozsti

fozsti New Member

FOZ XT is awesome.

Foz offers a few things sedans dont
    -Room for friends and gear
    -Collapse rear seat for instant cargo capacity so no need to bother a friend to help move small things with his/her truck
    - fold back seat offers great camping alternative for a quick bed at the state park with a hottie..not to mention the big moonroof for star-gazing
    -Cheap STI take off parts all over
    -cheaper insurance
    -higher ride height, better visibility (debatable)

My leggercy stays in the garage and I only drive the Foz now...;)
    if i sell it i will get a 335i or a z4 as I dont need 2 awd car in TX

15. Rallykid05

Rallykid05 Member

BUMP

Ok I ****ed up i wana sell my 07 RDX and get a 2.5 an older onewith higher miles i made a bad choice i found out my brother was right i dont need an SUV cross over so bad idea BUMP BUMP Plus i want some thing that gets good gas miles and its a temp car so ya i have Seen the light SUBARU ALLLLLLLL THE WAY

16. xveganxcowboyx

xveganxcowboyx Well-Known Member

17. Back Road Runner

Back Road Runner Well-Known Member

Haha. You already test drove a bunch of Subarus and the RDX. Why are you changing your mind now? You gotta think about what lead you to the RDX in the first place. What do you think will be different/improved with a particular Subaru?

Why are you looking at an older Subaru? Is there a budget involved? What do you mean by temp? What does the vehicle actually have to do for you as in passengers, cargo room, performance, comfort, all weather capability, etc. etc.? Back when you test drove a bunch of cars, why did the RDX stand out as the better choice? Why does it not now? Why does a Subaru sedan stand out as better now? What about other brands?

At the end of the day, you have to end up with a car that fits your goals best. This may still be the RDX or may not be. This may be a Subaru Impreza, maybe not. It may be a completely different brand all-together that best suits you and your needs. For example, I'm a big fan of the Scoin tC. If I didn't find my current Forester by chance, I'd be driving one now. As long as you're not hauling around a ton of people and cargo all the time, the 2dr hatchback works great. My point is, Subaru isn't the only thing out there. There's lots of brands, lots of models. The best way is to simply test drive everything within your price range, new and used, and get a good feel for what they all offer. Test drive the same cars more than once. Make a list of pros and cons. Work out what fits you best. Maybe you end up with a Ford Fusion. I don't know. Whatever fits you best is what you get plain and simple.

18. Tash

Tash Well-Known Member

no its not about budget. he needed a vehicle to travel to and from school. he wanted something AWD which cuts out lots of vehicles. he wants something that gets better gas milage then what he is getting now, maybe something that doesnt use premium. he has been looking at old GCs now. he knows that he is 17 and doesnt need an suv, he has nothing he needs to carry, the bigger the vehicle he has its just the more people that want a ride somewhere. when it comes to a older base model AWD that gets decent gas milage there isnt much out there to choose from. he just noticed that paying 19k for a car that he planned on having for 1 year was just a stupid idea, thats why he is looking for a tep car, just something that will last him while he is out at wyotech. he plans on buying something else when he gets back. this way if he finds himself an old gc for less money he can pocket the rest and save it up for something else he wants later on.

19. Tash

Tash Well-Known Member

what you said just proves that its all in what someone wants. my GF loved the Tc till she drove it then she hated it.

20. JasonoJordan

JasonoJordan Well-Known Member

also if u get a chepo reliable rusty suby its not that esthetically pleasing to alot of people so they wont want to ride in it :p

21. FuJi K

FuJi K Well-Known Member

hahahahaha

quick story... went to the dealer to look at my '99 L Wagon 5spd back in the day right when the STi arrived. It was perfect! Lots of space... AWD fun, and 5spd. That night there was a silver '04 STi on the showroom floor. My Dad was like... "Do you like this one son?" I'm like...... "I do, but it cost too much, I don't want you guys to be paying more bills." So we purchased my '99 Impreza L Sport Wagon 5spd that night. My Dad probably would have bought me that STi if I wanted, but... it was a good idea I didn't because I wouldn't have known all the Subaru stuff I know now.

but anyways, get something that's more reliable. You don't want to be fixing it while you're in school. No time... and costs $$$$. A simple Toyota Corolla and a good set of winter tires and some good all seasons does you a whole lot. Save gas and good reliability.

22. Ylime

Ylime Well-Known Member

this thread is still going holy cow and this is a my first post in it also holy cow.

good stuff right here fuji knows his stuff.

really?? cause when I buy a car I think about other people and what they would ride in..umm yeah...get what YOU want stop posting in this pointless thread and go find a nice car you enjoy driving that meets your needs..2.5 rs is a awesome car! even with rust!! (adds character).

23. Tash

Tash Well-Known Member

agreed, we looking for a decent one now.

24. blackozone

blackozone Well-Known Member

Hallelujah! He has seen the light! The savior has graced your soul with the healing power of his light!

25. Rallykid05

Rallykid05 Member

Found an RS 99 going too look at it toomaro

26. Tash

Tash Well-Known Member

dear jesus someone teach this kid how to spell!! ROFL

27. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

EXACTLY... had one for 2 yrs... stock for stock Id take t over my 03WRX 5MT... Maybe someone else needs some schooling on what is a good idea or not.... ;)

28. Tash

Tash Well-Known Member

ok again i never said anything about the FXT being bad. i was only looking at it from the point that the FXT would be more $$$ then the comparable WRX, seeing that he doesnt need the suv thats all i was trying to say. i was just trying to poing out the best bang for his buck kind of thing (seeing that he wanted turbo at the time)

29. BugIedIzzy

BugIedIzzy Well-Known Member

30. Tash

Tash Well-Known Member

the race is on! we are now working on selling his rdx, buying a subaru and getting it in good condition for the LAX cruise. "if we have to overnight parts from japan" lol

31. ImprezaWrx9

ImprezaWrx9 Well-Known Member

Who cares what other people think. If they don't want to ride in it, that's their problem.