Do NOT BUY FMS TMIC

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Rex1502, Apr 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Yes, what Ben said...FMS is an IIR brand. As is Gimmick, and probably others.

Like i said, i'm just trying to talk to you rationally. Not trying to back you into a corner. In your emails with IIR, did you get super pissed in a similar way with them? I'm just asking because we have had good experiences with Josh and crew taking good care of us by making right what was wrong. But if you were upset and frustrated with backorders and whatnots when you sent them the email, maybe your attitude came off poorly to the sales rep and they were like " whatever d-bag, screw you". They SHOULD have been professional and not get an attitude with you as i believe that NO vendor should ever risk losing return customers...but some people take on the "whatever, there are a ton of other clients out there, go pound sand" attitude. Some stuff is back ordered and there is nothing that can be done about it, but you have to keep your cool about it.

I've been doing events on this site for over 5 years and all of the vendors here are pretty generous about donating stuff to me for raffles and whatnot. I've worked with most of them. My comment to you would be, if you're having major issues with IIR, drop their asses as one of your suppliers and take your business elsewhere. You were obviously getting quite a bit of stuff from them, so it IS a loss to them because they could have had $1000's of dollars in sales from working with you. But there are other suppliers/companies out there, give them your business instead.:)

2. twiztid_rs

twiztid_rs Well-Known Member

Exactly!!!!

This was obviously handled poorly on the OP's end, but as well seemed to be handled poorly on IIR's end. I work with retail auto parts sales as a profession. I deal with assholes all day every day. People that feel someone owes them the world for whatever reason. But I learned along time ago you can either take it personally or move on. You are in the position to hurt IIR more then most as you use them as a supplier, the biggest hit a supplier can and will take is in the wallet. You cut them off and go else where that you feel appreciates your business. You are fully entitled to vent your frustrations about a product or customer service as is anyone else, but you went that extra step that you need to remember, **** isn't personal. As you stated, there are plenty of other "subaru" sites out there, there is plenty of other "vendors" that will welcome your money with open arms. At minimum learn from mistakes as we all have been told. Trashing another vendor, to potentially gain business is poor business ethics as it is. Just step up your game and give better service then your competition. You now know what you "hate" about how one vendor handles things... Use that in your business and don't do the same.

tangledupinblu likes this.
  3. SurlyOldManMN

SurlyOldManMN Omdat fok jou Staff Member

Oy... I didn't realize Josh was FMS. That does change things a bit as far as who should be responsible for picking up the pieces when there's a problem with the part. It makes more sense why someone would direct both issues at the same person.

It also leaves me stunned regarding your business tactics. You are squaring off against Josh with that "why buy from Florida" thing, then having the parts drop shipped from Florida, which you then trash on here. This is all very bad mojo sir. I don't know what to say to you to help you get things sorted out at this point. That's an awfully deep hole you just dug... Bums me out.

4. Rex1502

Rex1502 BANNED

I don't buy anything from josh anymore at this point in time. And no I didn't get upset in my emails to him or phone conversations I just feel like he was trying to put me under because I undercut his prices

5. Rex1502

Rex1502 BANNED

Your right absolutely. But like I said I was never rude to him. I've already sent a email discontinuing his products and his services I have plenty of other distributors out there. But your right it was a low blow

6. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

Probably because you actively try to undercut him by badmouthing him under your screen name, then going under your vendor account name to ask what Josh "raped" someone for on a price so you can undercut him.

7. Goalie

Goalie MNSubaru Goaltender

Just like "How not to act" I have enjoyed this thread. It goes good with Sunday morning coffee.:coffee:

Just my $.02 I personally have had less than favorable service from IIR. So I made to the choice to just not buy from there anymore. That's it. I don't jump around here acting tough and crying like a baby at the same time.

Sell the part, cut your losses, and move on.

Cheers
    :coffee:

8. readymix

In fact, if I were a business, and i saw you actively trying to make me look bad publicly, and saw that you were targeting me specificly to take my business away, and then you started drop shipping my products to your customers as part of your business...do you really expect me to want to do anything for you? Hey, you got caught trying to burn my gas station down, now you are pumping it and selling it to friends...and you want me to go full service and pump it for you? Sure, I would tell you to get ****ed. Because you are sleazy and unethical. Oh, and later today I will be posting up the conversation I was sent. I don't like you. I don't like how you do business at all.

tousti likes this.
  9. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

huh.

10. Medic_538

Medic_538 Well-Known Member

^ What he said. I was following till that one.:)

11. readymix

It was a hypothetical situation. I deleted it as the point was already made.

Medic_538 likes this.
  12. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

It was a funny example utilizing swords to represent parts...come on newbs...pay attention!:facepalm:

Jason, i lol'd.

13. PRA4SNO

PRA4SNO Well-Known Member

Taras reincarnate.

14. 03subyR

03subyR Well-Known Member

Sure was funny. I don't know how you came up with that example but it was right on.

15. readymix

Yeah, my humor is lost on some of the noobs of late.

16. Medic_538

To get it I would have to have been filled in a bit more.

I was expecting what you had posted.

But here ya go, AHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA that was funny. Kidding lol

17. xluben

xluben Well-Known Member

Something about buying a sword from someone, to kill that same person, and then complaining to the same person that the sword was too crappy to kill said person. Lol.

18. readymix

Basically, here is what we know...

Rex1502 tarded around for a while trying to become a vendor.
    Once given vendor status, he asked us if there was a way to hide his vendor posts from other vendors. He didn't want them to know he was actively undercutting them.
    In his vendor posting, he tucked in a little passive/aggressive comment about ordering local instead of from some guy in Florida (import image is based in Florida)
    His company does its business by drop shipping parts from other vendors. One of the vendors he uses is Josh @import image.
    He bought some low end ****ty parts from Import Image, parts with known problems. And then threw a fit when they turned out to be ****ty.
    He the publicly slammed IIR and the product.
    Meanwhile, behind the scenes, he was badmouthing Josh and trying to dig up dirt on Josh with other members
    Then, he would switch to his vendor account and try to sell to the user and undercut Josh.
    Then he got caught doing it.
    He promptly started backpedaling and begging the mods to delete his thread and dumb posts because he saw the PR ****storm coming.
    He told Surlyoldman that I am a Dick
    Blah blah blah, more butthurt and backpedaling.

tousti likes this.
  19. Rex1502

Rex1502 BANNED

You a ****ing a moron readymix. Do you drive a white van an abduct little kids? How the hell did you put those facts together? I never bad mouthed him until he started ****ing with my orders. If your to stupid to figure it out well I don't know. Why would I talk ba about one of my suppliers unless try where fu ck ing me over? Example missing parts and crap ****ty customer service? So readymix why don't you take you bag of candy and your pink unicorn and go Trollin you chomo.

20. Rex1502

Rex1502 BANNED

Never started back peddling you.... Never I just wanted to drama to end. That's all. Oh well go f u c k your self readymix or have your mom do it cause I'm sure you live in her basement

21. SurlyOldManMN

To be fair, you are a dick. It's part of your charm. :D

In case anyone is planning on trying to play the mods off each other in the future, heads up that all of the mods talk to each other when something like this pops up. We share everything we know about the situation and decide what to do about it. Trying to turn one against the other to gain an edge in a shady situation is going to end badly. Some of us have radically different styles of communicating, views on how some aspects of the community should be handled and preferred methods of dealing with things in general, but we ultimately work together as a team to support and/or protect the community.

The only person who has managed to successfully pull this off with me in the last few years is my four year old... and that's only because he practices every god damned day. It's a numbers game, he's going to sneak one by every now and then. ;)

You have much to learn about establishing and maintaining a professional image, grasshopper. I hope you figure it out sooner than later. Don't be surprised if this sort of thing keeps happening unless you choose to reign it in.

You have until Readymix sees this to decide if you want to try and dig yourself out. Realistically, I doubt you can do anything about it now. You'll have to do such a great job convincing Readymix you're worth keeping around that he feels compelled to go to bat for you and successfully persuade the rest of the mods. That's... unlikely.

I'm voting ban. You are apparently unwilling or incapable of conducting yourself with a modicum of professionalism. You are making serious claims without hard evidence, slinking around trying to discover competitor pricing while drumming up business in decidedly unethical ways, and relentlessly sassing mods. Not sure how you're going to talk your way out of this one. Hopefully I am pleasantly surprised.

Subie Lovers likes this.
  22. SeanKelly

SeanKelly Member

Annnnnnnnd readymix, go. :coffee:

23. .17HMR

.17HMR New Member

Online arguments never go anywhere. Just think if it was local! oh wait, it is. Go kick some ass:)

24. SurlyOldManMN

I resolve sensitive business issues spanning several continents given nothing but a couple "forums", a chat client, email and the occasional phone call all day long. You're just doing it wrong. :D

25. .17HMR

.17HMR New Member

Edited because the poster was a douchebag.

26. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

I said "huh." to this entire thread, fyi, not Jason's post.

With that said, this guy is a retard, he tries to be the middle man and make a quick buck as a vendor and then slams his vendors...bold strategy. I wouldn't buy a spark plug from this dip**** if it was a dime because he comes off as a two faced douchebag. I think its hilarious that he seems to think that slander is the appropriate response to making an ill-informed purchase.

I say don't ban him, keep him around so we can exploit how terrible of a business-minded individual he can be, I'm curious to see how far he'll go before he throws one last giant bitchfit and drives off crying from being butt hurt.

27. Medic_538

People that act this way are usually guilty of exactly what they are getting upset about. Weird? I know.

I realize that there may be other subaru sites out there but I think your failing to realize that almost everyone on here is also on there. I have read all the, in other words stop while your ahead and fix this before you hurt your rep any more, but I guess it isn't sinking in.

Personally things like this have a humor factor but also a damaging factor. People that join this site can read up on all of this and with all respect, it doesn't reflect well. I am not saying that the mods are not justified, just probably should have ended a bit sooner.

My father always told me, it isn't what you do when someone is watching, it is what you do when no one is watching.
    Good luck Rex.

28. .17HMR

.17HMR New Member

^I wouldn't push. Humans can do some pretty sick & twisted things when they feel threatened. Blinding another is just one of them:) & this is a "local" forum. If he's smart enough, no one will ever be able to trace. I admire his Gameplan though -the whole middle man thing. Genius. Lucrative. ...I just wouldn't want to be on the other end.

29. SurlyOldManMN

Still underestimating the whole world I see. Of the many reasons everybody doesn't go around doing that sort of thing all day. It's not because they're too stupid to pull it off.

His game plan is not "genius". It's the standard business model for any aftermarket retailer that doesn't fabricate entire product lines in house. You can sign yourself up right now if you think it's such an awesome setup. Of course the trick to being successful is establishing and actively shaping a reputation for honesty, integrity and great customer service... Any monkey with a calculator can hammer out a competitive rate sheet.

See the problem with his plan now? I would think you of all people would be intimately familiar with what comes next after grossly underestimating the intelligence and personal networks of your target demographic, then lashing out like an impetuous 4 year old when you're called to the carpet for it. At least he's only getting banned from one forum at a time (as far as I know).

ShortytheFirefighter likes this.
  30. Starkall

Starkall Active Member

I'm selling my FMS tmic if anyone wants it, might get the turbo Xs front mount or process west tmic. Lol

31. readymix

My mom is dead. And I have owned my own home since 2003. Would have bought one sooner, but military deployments back in 99 and 2001 put a damper on stable living conditions. And I'm not into kids, I have that avatar because it has a my little pony complaining about the quantity of dicks it is in line to suck. There's humor in that. But something tells me you are a little guy with a lot of little guy rage and not a lot of time spent laughing. Laugh more. It helps.
    Anyway, back to the actual topic. Let's start with...

---------------------------------------------

So this starts out on Tuesday.

Then last night... as if I didn't know that he had a new vendor account.

I started to get fishy about this guy. I like Josh, he always hooks it up. So I started to be cautious about my responses.

I wasn't going to tell him what deals I get so I went with a generic response.

So 2 minutes later this A$$hat switches his account and PM's me from his personal account. Still trying to get a price out of me.

So then I read his thread about his TMIC... I saw through this $hit. He is just trying to get dirt on Josh, trying to get people not to buy from IIR. The same reason he was trolling BroCo to try and setup a vendor account so no one else can see his prices or what he is selling. This dude is shady and a tool. I tried to be nice to him, but f*ck anyone who is going to try and pull some account swapping stuff on me.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    That is your discussion with ofspunk. Oops.

Let's see, what's next....

"Why buy from Florida or where ever, when you can buy local!"

That's a shot at our only Florida vendor. What's hilarious and ironic to me, is that buying from you is like buying from Florida, since you just dropship **** from Josh anyway.

I am not going to copy paste the whole thread in the mod section, nor am I going to let you in there. But essentially, once your stupid crappy came to light, you started trying to dig yourself out by begging mode to delete ofspunks posts and your dumb thread. When we told you we weren't deleting anything, your butt started weeping and hurting and you went ape****. The moderator team thinks this is because you think acting like a teenage thugs will scare us off the subject...yeah it didn't.

At the moment, 3 of the mods think you started this crap on purpose to drum up business and deflect business from IIR to you. But it backfired. Me personally, I think you're too rock stupid to come up with something that "clever.". I use the word clever to be nice, but really, if that was your plan you may want to find someone with half a brain to orchestrate it next time.

None of this really matters though. Right now, you are being left alive on here merely because i know you can't help making an ass of yourself. And your juvenile junior high tough guy thugs talk amuses me greatly. Mom jokes and calling me a "chomo"...couple that with your 3rd grade spelling and grammar just makes your little rants laughable and pathetic.

32. readymix

Crap...nvm, quotes fixed

33. .17HMR

.17HMR New Member

Of course I am still understanding the world. Everyone is as well as you > Genius? That was my opinion & you know you can't argue w/ them. -I mean "opinions" anyways. I have better plans that outweigh his ...in my situation. I him give him credit for trying. It looks like he was successful for some time. & yes I understand. My intelligence is underestimated quite often. You probably know.

No one can ever get banned from any forum. Only their username.

34. ShortytheFirefighter

ShortytheFirefighter Pokemans. I has none. Staff Member

There's a huge difference between book smarts and intelligence. Something tells me it doesn't happen as often as you think.

35. readymix

Is that a challenge?

36. .17HMR

.17HMR New Member

That is your opinion. If you really want to get down to it, I believe there are too many variables.

37. SurlyOldManMN

Certainly sounds like it. He's too smart to be banned and he'd like us all to know that.

Almost guaranteed. I refrained from turning all the PM's he sent me into yet another "how not to act" thread. We'll see how this goes.

I can take an educated guess at how often you feel your intelligence is underestimated. That was the point.

If we have to ban you again and you come back under a different username, with a different IP but without all the bull**** that you seem to be so fond of throwing around... hey, problem solved.

38. ShortytheFirefighter

[​IMG]

ofspunk7 and SeanKelly like this.
  39. .17HMR

.17HMR New Member

Excellent. I was hoping I'd take some stress off the OP & gear it towards someone who doesn't care.

Ban me again? Hm, I don't recall you being a Mod on the LGT forum. Last time I looked, I thought you weren't & I was just on there:)

Problem solved? No, now that is bullshiit. You know very well that it wouldn't be a "solved" problem. Cat n Mouse game!

So are we friends yet surelyoldman:)

40. .17HMR

.17HMR New Member

that was dumb man

41. ShortytheFirefighter

Coming from you, that hurts.

We're all entitled to a mistake now and then. Just ask your parents how thiers is working out.

42. .17HMR

.17HMR New Member

Ah thank god. I knew you wouldn't leave that up there as your post. Good choice:)

43. .17HMR

.17HMR New Member

Exactly, too bad you make more than others. I think my parents are doing very well. Multi-million dollar business. Retired before 40. Thanks for your concern though!

44. SurlyOldManMN

Wow, I was just going to ban you for a couple weeks for trolling a fairly serious thread, but you just couldn't help yourself eh? Never mind.

45. ShortytheFirefighter

That's wonderful.
    If only they'd gotten the timing down on that whole "pulling out" thing down. That would have worked out great for everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.