Drobo 5N 5-Bay NAS - $325

Discussion in 'FS: Everything else' started by clajiness, Sep 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clajiness

clajiness Well-Known Member

I bought a new server, so I don't need my Drobo 5N NAS any longer. It's worked great in my house since I bought it last November. Never a problem, and it's been fast and reliable.

It's new on Amazon for $499 (http://www.amazon.com/Drobo-Storage-Gigabit-Ethernet-DRDS4A21/dp/B00AMAJGOO)

The Drobo comes with the unit, power cable, original box, and all included paperwork. (It does not come with hard drives. You have to supply your own.)

If you have any questions, please let me know. Thanks!

618LI3lR1RL._SL1500_.jpg 41NP-tx1y4L.jpg 71AIFVAfoJL._SL1311_.jpg

2. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

Hmm, if someone bites on the car I'm selling before you sell this, I'm tempted. I'm a Synology guy myself, but have heard a lot of good about the drobo too.

3. clajiness

I'd probably be a Synology guy too if it wasn't for the traditional restrictions of RAID. I like being able to drop any drive I want into the array, changing protection levels on the fly, not worrying about drive order, etc... For the home user (which I am), the Drobo has been fantastic. I'm only selling it because I want a direct-connected version for my new server.

Joe seiter and tehfuzz like this.
  4. clajiness

Bump - $325

5. captainmorgan

captainmorgan Active Member

Drobo is so good! I have a 16TB Drobo Pro thats been running for years without a single problem! GLWS!

6. clajiness

Oh hey, thanks for the reminder. This thing is long sold. Please lock it up. Thanks!

Good to hear it's still cranking away. I sold the 5N and bought a 4 bay 3rd gen Drobo. I love it, and it's already saved me from data loss when a drive died.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.