Droid

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by thunderdan1313, May 10, 2010.

1. Nuke

Nuke Well-Known Member

2. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

good to know!
    thanks for the link Nuke

3. Shibbs

Shibbs The Daywalker

I picked up the HTC Evo this morning. Wow. Its amazing.

Haven't had much time to play with it tho, since I'm stuck at work until 6 tonight! AH!!

4. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Bummer. No 4g and 12hr standby batter time. Make sure you get a car charger, you will need it.:laugh:

Russ

5. Shibbs

Shibbs The Daywalker

Yeah, I got it. lol I'll be the first to know if they DO get 4G in MPLS tho, the alert for a 4G area is pretty cool. haha

And I guess there is supposed to be an update coming to fix battery life concerns.

6. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

The part that sucks is they charge you a extra $10 for a service you can't use and probably won't use for another year. Chris was just in Dallas and the 3g/4g card she had for her laptop would not connect at 4g. It gave them so much problems that they just used their phones to get the info they needed. And Dallas was one of the first 4g markets.
    http://www.mobilecrunch.com/2010/06...attery-life-and-what-this-says-about-android/

I have been pretty lucky with my N1. I am not abusing the hell out of it, but I get 2 days on a charge. I am on wifi most of the day, and really other than a few olds and ends programs, I am not on my phone all the time. No point in playing games on my phone when I have 3-4 other devices to play games on. Same with surfing the net. After looking at a 24" monitor all day, trying to surf the net on the small screen is a waste.

Russ