durable suspension

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by RallyNavvie, Sep 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RallyNavvie

RallyNavvie Well-Known Member

For those who are curious about the KYB AGX struts with Eibach springs combo, I can completely attest to how durable they are. I was up in Houghton, MI at my parents' cabin last weekend and made a trip up to Brockway. Not only can that suspension take abuse it also kept everything under control. This on top of them being in there since the dawn of time (other than a new set of struts just for fun a couple years ago) and tackling plenty of other rough roads in the 3 years I've owned it. This recommendation is aimed at GC8s though I'm sure they're probably just as good on later bodies.

Ugh, and FWIW I wasn't driving :mad:[xx(]

2. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

They are the shiznits,

Thats my set-up and I think they are doing fine after a little incident with the curb. They feel nice and sexy especially when you take a chick out on a date:D

3. John16V

John16V Well-Known Member

How much better do you think they are compare to the V5 STI suspension? ;)

4. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

I am really not sure John, Lets find out when you get them installed!
    I would assume they are about the same but the spring rates are the other factor, the SPT springs are the softest after market springs out there.

5. RallyNavvie

Can't compare to anything other that DMS 50s I've driven on so couldn't tell you. All I know is these are economical and tough as hell.

6. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

Off topic but related, I put my 225/50-16 Kumho Ecsta ASX tires onto my old GC with KYB GR2 struts and Eibach sport springs (I believe these struts use the same shell as the AGX). They fit! :)

Edit- sorry, I just got word that they rub on heavy load and hard cornering. :I So, ignore my post.

7. subi_2.5rs

subi_2.5rs New Member

sup ya...im back in the forum....fraking boring down here....i miss minnesota...**** everyone i talk to are street racer....but back to topic...seems like everyone love them kyb's....i got gr-2...yia wanna trade?

8. John16V

John16V Well-Known Member

yeah, free shipping? :D

9. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by subi_2.5rs

sup ya...im back in the forum....fraking boring down here....i miss minnesota...**** everyone i talk to are street racer....but back to topic...seems like everyone love them kyb's....i got gr-2...yia wanna trade?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Which part of NO don't you understand? Hurry and come back up here for the pro-kart show down.

10. RallyNavvie

So this weekend I was out camping and the road in and out of camp was a mudhole after the rain on Friday. On the way out to get something on Saturday I was trying to control the car through mud that was like driving on ice and slid right to the edge of the road on a shallow curve before exiting the mud. Hidden in the ferns growing around the edge of the road was a rock about the size of a softball that I nailed with my right front tire at about 30-35 mph. It was one helluva jolt to the car and I pulled over a little past it to inspect for damage. Nothing. Not bad for pretty cheap suspension (cheap as in affordable, not crappy obviously) :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.