face of the 2006-7 STI

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by AWDimprezaL, Jan 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

this is NOWHERE near as bad as that silver photochop creature floating around
    [​IMG]

2. MNAutomatic

MNAutomatic New Member

I dont think that looks terrible if that is what it ends up as. I also would not be surprised if some body kits altering that grill came out very soon along with that 06-7 design.

3. TeamMNS

TeamMNS New Member

I think its ugly. Looks like someone took the new outback and a saab and put it on a impreza. What are they thinking?............:???:

4. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

that looks horrible!!!!!

5. Speedemon

Speedemon Well-Known Member

I dont like that

6. masube81

masube81 Well-Known Member

can you guys see it a smily face impreza.

7. BlackDubRX

BlackDubRX New Member

WRXs have always looked like they had a face to me... I don't like that grill though.

8. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

Die Alfa Die

9. Grimm

Grimm New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by bikerboy

Die Alfa Die
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    bump

10. Speedemon

Thats not going to be the 06 sti. I was at the BP dealership and the guy there said the 06 is the same as the 05.

11. subi_2.5rs

subi_2.5rs New Member

man that looks like someone pulled its nose......looks alright but could be better....

12. Zola

Zola Well-Known Member

That's a photochop, and not a very good one.

13. AWDimprezaL

i dont think that one is a photochop, but this is [urlhttp://www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81981][/url]

14. MNAutomatic

MNAutomatic New Member

I just talked to the guys over at minnetonka subaru and they said that this is the definite front end for the 06. Wonder where the delearships are getting their info from that is so mixed up.

15. AWDimprezaL

they are only telling you what i told them, i work there!

16. Zola

Zola Well-Known Member

The first one is definitely a photochop, I have the exact same picture on my hard drive in an unmodified state, you can tell the driver is the same and everything.

17. Speedemon

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by MNAutomatic

I just talked to the guys over at minnetonka subaru and they said that this is the definite front end for the 06. Wonder where the delearships are getting their info from that is so mixed up.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I don't know but that is kind of crazy.

18. corradolove3

corradolove3 Guest

Yea I dont like the front grill either. It looks like subaru is trying to make it look more expensive or something. The lines on the hood are alright but would take some getting used to. All in all, I miss the bug-eyes. These headlights just dont scream "W" to me..... I guess we'll see what they really give us!

19. TeamMNS

TeamMNS New Member

I spoke with Chris at the minnetonka subaru dealership about this issue. He stated that Saab took the imperza body and designed a new car that looks like that. They have one in the show room there... they have nicknamed Saabaru. I may check it out this week. Hopefully it will be ok with them that I take some pics. I will post it if I can.

20. AWDimprezaL

i work at mtk morries, and trust me, they dont know what they are talking about when it comes to whats coming out, and the saab 9-2X has been out for a while now, and im sure everyone here has seen or heard of it, its basicly a ts wagon (linear) and a WRX wagon (aero) with a different grille, hood, and bumper, thats why we call it the saabaru, and so far, its been out for about 8 months, and we've sold about 2, its about as much money as an sti for a non turbo linear (RS wagon) its a flop, plain and simple!

21. esperunit

esperunit Well-Known Member

my god.

that first picture is absolutely monstrously ugly.

I'm going to have nightmares about that.

I wish they had never gotten rid of the bug eyes. That was my favorite look, but obviously nobody else liked it so they took the front end off of a hyundai elantra for the redesign...

22. AWDimprezaL

i like the bug eyes, and the current style, in fact i like all impreza styles, cmon 04s and 05s dont look like hyundias!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.