Fall Colors Cruise-2013

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by SurlyOldManMN, Oct 14, 2013.

1. PandaStep

PandaStep Member

I'm down!

2. JavaBlack-Beast

JavaBlack-Beast Member

I'M IN FOR SUNDAY!!!

3. sinks88

sinks88 Active Member

Man I really wish this were real for this weekend! I'd call in for work for sure!

4. JavaBlack-Beast

JavaBlack-Beast Member

then lets make it happen guys! some one set a time to meet anyone have the old info lets do it!!!!!!

5. derp

derp Well-Known Member

35e at 0200. let's race

Bnuts01 and Kneel Weiß like this.
  6. PandaStep

PandaStep Member

Race..... I'll never keep up.:shifty: Damn 2.5i

7. SurlyOldManMN

SurlyOldManMN Omdat fok jou Staff Member

As mentioned, I'm unable to assist with planning or participate this year. FWIW, here is one of my personal favorite routes that hits all the destinations from last year in as, uhhh... "cathartic" of a way possible:

http://goo.gl/maps/t0cMJ

Recap on the Destination Points:
    Point A:
    Same Walmart that we use for LAX.

Point B: King's Place. Killer hamburgers.

Point C: Stockholm Pies. Really solid pie. The triple chocolate pecan and the caramel apple crunch are amazing. I'm talking I'm-a-fat-guy-who-likes-him-some-pie-and-this-****-is-amazing amazing. ProTip: Take the triple chocolate pecan home and warm it up. ProTip #2: They close in the fall. Call ahead and make sure they're still open.

Point D: Nelson Creamery. Note there is a solid BBQ joint in Nelson right before you turn for the creamery that comes fatty-recommended as well: http://www.jandjbbq.com/

Point E: Pepin Heights Orchard. It should be primetime for honeycrisp and sweetango apples. You want you some sweetango apples. Trust me.

The point where hwy 5 hits 61 is very poorly marked. Keep your head on a swivel as soon as you pass the marina in Lake City. It looks like (and is) just another residential road at that point. It only has one sign saying it's actually a highway. You will miss it if you're not looking it... Like I did while leading the cruise last year. :rolleyes:

There is a Kwik Trip with E85 on 61 less than a mile east/south of 19. It will be on the right side at the last stoplight before 19 when heading north on 61. You'll pass a "hwy 19 ahead" sign before you get to the Kwik Trip. That's your heads up to turn right at the next light. I usually stop there on my way back up.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
  8. PandaStep

PandaStep Member

Sounds like a fun route, unfortunately I did not think it would be that long . Probably won't be able to make it.

9. SurlyOldManMN

SurlyOldManMN Omdat fok jou Staff Member

I'm not organizing. Nobody said you have to use that route. :)

Zach, EricS, tonyv and 1 other person like this.