Favorite cleaner/degreaser/brake parts cleaner?

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Butthau5, May 8, 2021.

1. Butthau5

Butthau5 Well-Known Member

I have always gotten the crc brake parts cleaner idk why but I kind of hate it. I feel like it always runs out of propellant long before it runs out of solvent. From someone who has tried many, or even just a few different brands what do you like best?
    I also just learned why to get the non chlorinated kind...phosgene

Attached Files:

2. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

I typically just get whatever is cheapest and/or available wherever I'm at. Haven't really noticed any being significantly better than any other so have never had a "go to" brand.

MidnightImpreza likes this.
  3. Butthau5

I asked my brother @FlatBlackIan and he said he likes the AutoZone house brand or 3M. They didn't have the 3m at O'Reilly's so I got their house brand. Probably not going to be getting the crc stuff anymore it's stupid expensive compared to the house brand stuff.

4. pleiades

pleiades Well-Known Member

I mostly use CRC Brākleen and don't have any complaints but I sometimes get the generic stuff from Menards and it works well enough too. For general degreasing and cleanup around the garage I usually use Spray Nine, seems to be a pretty effective all-purpose cleaner.

5. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

CRC has multiple formulas for Brākleen depending on which state regs are being met.

I just buy whatever is on sale at Menards or Fleet Farm.

6. MidnightImpreza

MidnightImpreza Well-Known Member

20210509_135526.jpg

7. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

Depending what I'm doing exactly. I use Simple Green in a spray bottle for general degreasing.

I buy Supertech brake cleaner at Wal Mart. It's decent stuff, and about half the price or less of the name brands at an Auto Parts store. Unless you have a wholesale account at an auto parts store, don't buy it there.

silver03 and Butthau5 like this.
  8. Butthau5

Simple green, jungle Jake, or this new one I found at Menards called mean green I like as general degreaser. Pretty sure they are all the same, simple green being the priciest.