Fiber glass repair

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by tbone, Sep 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tbone

tbone Well-Known Member

I went to a store and I reverse back to a parking lot. Then sudden I hear a biggo crack and a bumb behind my right rear. I look back under the exhaust that might got proberly caught something on it, but it turns out that my c-west under spoiler, which were scratch and crack on a parking post. I took it off by the raining day, which were my unlucky day I assumed. I'm asking one of your guys which fiber glass material can I repair or used it. I know by fact that you sand it out and filter it and lay fiber glass repair kit some kind. Can you help me which I have to buy to repair my c west? Thanks

2. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

I have some fiberglass experience, but not with autobody, just car audio, I done mind lending a hand, I'm not that far away, but will need to take a look at it first to see if my skillz will come handy. I can think of a few people in here who are great with body work and also fiberglass experts.

Try posting some pictures if possible.

C

3. tbone

tbone Well-Known Member

I'm just gonna bring it at UNI, if your car still runs j/k:D

4. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by tbone

I'm just gonna bring it at UNI, if your car still runs j/k:D
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

My car doesn't run......it fly's! I'm not sure when I'll be back at UNI. ;)

5. BlackDubRX

BlackDubRX New Member

When you do it get fiberglass CLOTH not MATT the matt gets a bit messy, I just cut up peices tonight and theres fiberglass all over me, cuz one of my friends decided to get the matt. It sucks. Along with that you'll need fiberglass resin, which comes in a rectangular can and body filler which comes in a cylinder type can. Depending what body filler you buy it may or may not come with hardener, if it doesn't you'll need to buy that also. I just stocked up on that stuff and the total was only $32.xx with gloves, sandpaper, and a sanding block. If you want you can use my stuff since all I'm doing is sanding and covering up rust and I don't need fiberglass for that.

6. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

Tommy, I thought you quit driving like like that:p. I thought your spats were urethene? hmm....Maybe I should fix my bumpers to then:D

7. tbone

tbone Well-Known Member

I recent went to auto zone earlier after the storm. Is the matt fiberglass kinda fuzzy look alike? Yeah could you bring it at the uni, thanks a lot blackdubrx.

Actually I was parking slow back NOT crazy just lazy, same time I just found out that the spats were f...@#$ fiberglass. C west not the best!!!!:(!

8. BlackDubRX

BlackDubRX New Member

what da r u going to beat uni?

9. tbone

tbone Well-Known Member

My boss inform me just tonite that I have to work tomorrow 4 to 11 pm. So I won't be at the firestone lot on friday, perhaps I will show up sat night. peace sorry :mad:

10. DISCOPOPE

DISCOPOPE Well-Known Member

i used to do surfboards. it's not too hard, but it is a little messy.
    honestly i would suggest that you take it to a body shop and see what they quote you.
    it's about $65 in materialy that you have to buy, and if you are only going to do it once, why not pay a pro to do it...

and they can quick throw it in a spray booth and prime it for you too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.