For Sale: 1998 Impreza 3.3L H6 swap project

Discussion in 'FS: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats' started by b00stingsx, Sep 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. b00stingsx

b00stingsx Active Member

I sadly do not have the time to finish this project, but its off to a good start. Here is what I know:

1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS shell
    1991 Subaru SVX eg33 engine
    five speed rs transmission with BRAND NEW clutch
    1998 Impreza L wheels wrapped with really good winter tires
    Large Jeep radiator plumbed, slim cooling fans
    Exhaust mated to factory Impreza exhaust (no cats)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Car Itself:
    I bought the RS knowing its 2.5L had a head gasket problem. Drove it home, and began swapping to the H6 setup. Car was going to be weekend rally / autocross car. I chose this car because the chassis is in such good condition. It does need a wheel bearing replaced in the rear.

The car has some body damage on the left fender and right quarter panel. Both incidents were from the previous owner (I am the second owner). I have a brand new (primed and ready for paint) left fender that is included. The damage doesn't interfere with anything mechanically. I also JUST noticed a small crack in the windshield, in the upper left corner, its just hardly noticeable, and completely out of view.

The interior is all there, black and grey looks great. Carpet is worn through on the drivers side near the pedals, drivers seat is torn. Theres a nice cd player, and aftermarket speakers, mp3 player input cord.

The Swap: I pulled the H6 engine from U-pull-r parts in East Bethel. The SVX had been donated due to a collision with a deer. The windsheild was completely shattered, and the roof of the car was caved in, all covered in deer fur and blood. This was evidence to me that the engine was still in good running condition. Also, the engine was INCREDIBLY clean - seemed strangely clean for a 1991. The svx transmission was just as clean as the engine, and was stamped with a Genuine Subaru Remanufactured plate. Wishful thinking, maybe the engine was also replaced at the same time?! Aprox milage on the svx was 121k. I also pulled the entire harness and ecu.

Here is Where I am Stuck: I got the SVX wiring harness "thinned out" and connected. The engine cranks (with the key might I add), and cranks strong, but has not fired/ran yet. I must be missing a connection or two, fuel pump or ignition related, but i just don't have the time to look for the culprit. Wiring drives me nuts - always has.

Included in the sale are extra parts from other subaru projects I have owned over the years (Impreza L parts, and some leftovers from the SVX), if you are interested. The bronze wheels are not included, unless we come to an agreement otherwise.

All yours for $1500, email me at [email protected]

2. 2.5RS

2.5RS Well-Known Member

nice swap. it'll be a beast when it fully runs. GLWS

3. bovaddict

bovaddict Well-Known Member

Pm'd you, lmk..

4. b00stingsx

b00stingsx Active Member

Project is NFS any longer. Car may be available within the next 3-6 months, we'll see.

Thanks.

5. Ctracey218

Ctracey218 Playpen Wrangler Staff Member

Just PM a mod and we will open it back up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.