For sale: DC-10 Captain's seat!!

Discussion in 'For Sale : Car Parts' started by whipsack, Mar 25, 2011.

1. whipsack

whipsack Well-Known Member

I know its not technically a car part but it could easily be converted to fit in an rv. This is the real deal, even has the switches for the power seat adjustments. This came out of a FedEx DC-10 from Memphis. It is VERY comfortable (it had to be sat in for a very long time after all) It could also make a great office chair or for gaming/simulation. It comes in a shipping crate with papers. Even the seatbelt works. Please note, it would need to be re-certified for use in an aircraft if thats what you are putting it in;) The dc-10 is fading away, they scrap them everyday, grab this piece of history while there are still some left. 1200 obo.

2. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

second pic makes it look like a Biffy... hmmmm.... DC-10 captain's chair toilet...

3. SurlyOldManMN

SurlyOldManMN Omdat fok jou Staff Member

*Insert "Captain's Log" joke here*

4. whipsack

Yeah Sheen, I suppose I shoulda took it out of the crate for the pics, lol! "When you are flying in that thing you don't know if you are coming or going!"

5. idget

lmfao, well played.

to keep it on topic, can you give us more history on this item? I'm not at all in the market, but curious. It would make a sweet addition to the garage if I had the money and space!

6. whipsack

Remember guys it is or best offer;) I think it was originally installed in the aircraft in '78. re certified in the 2000's. As with any plane parts they are VERY expensive. These would go for over 10000. yes thats thousand. I will see if I can post the pic of the plate with serial no.

7. whipsack

Here's one. My buddy says he saw an incoice for one that was 30 grand, I don't know if that's right or not, maybe it came with other parts or something. I do know I had a guy in Ottawa contact me on it and claimed he would send a truck to get it and everything. I just get nervous selling stuff on ebay outside the States.

8. badbennyb

badbennyb Has no title

Neat! Seems like something for the pawn stars show.

9. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

Sheen, buying this to put in a garage is a super duper douche move. 1200 dollar garage stool? What corner of University ave have you been working?

10. idget

So if money was no object, or if you knocked off a zero, you wouldn't want it for your garage, basement, office, etc?

I'm definitely not in the market at all. Just thought it was a cool piece and am wondering about the history behind it. How did you even come across this?

bump for a good seller and cool item.

11. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

Well, F yeah I'd buy it if it were 120 bucks for an office chair. I'm just saying, 1200 opening price...and you want to bolt it to the floor of the garage? If I spend 1200 on a chair, it had most certainly have a toilet built in.

12. JuStaWRX

JuStaWRX Well-Known Member

How did you come across this in the first place? Very cool item!

13. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

Will this mount up to my Legacy seat rails?

14. whipsack

1. Thanks sheen, well my buddy got it from a parts dealer that actually buys the aircraft, (or whats left of em') and parts them out.
    2. Actually, I was working for a flight simulator place they had a few seats from a C-130 or some military transport that they had a frame welded to the bottom and put casters on, it was super bitchin'. So you could have it in your office, garage, or whatever. Hell I would put my tray table down in front of it and eat dinner and watch Top Gear! My buddy and I were orignally going to put it in his house and use it to fly microsoft flight sim. He has a ton of super cool add on planes for it. But then the missus said if he didn't get that "If you don't get that damn thing outta my house by Friday, you and that stupid chair are gonna be sleeping under a Whilpool box under a viaduct!"
    3. If I could find a way, that thing would be in my Legacy!

15. whipsack

oops I meant whirlpool.

16. whipsack

He said when she came home from work and saw this huge shipping crate in HER parking spot marked handle with care, and she found out it wasn't a new chaise lounge or garden gnome, the vein in her nck stuck out about 2 1/2 inches! Gotta love car/boat/airplane parts ruffling the mrs. feathers! He said he should've made a stencil that said baby kangaroo and spray painted it on the crate.