Front license plates in mn....

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Tdagen, Jun 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeoTheLion89

LeoTheLion89 New Member

LOL is that legal? seems theres plenty room to put it on the bumper

2. LeoTheLion89

LeoTheLion89 New Member

This is only legal if an officer tells you you can only for a short time. My mom was in a accident and the bumper fell off and the plate got all bent to **** the officer said just put the plate in the window until she gets the car fixed and if shes pulled over for it just to tell them what happened. She never got pulled over and several cops passed her when she driving it with no bumper on. I figured they didn't stop her for the fact it was obvious why there was no front plate.

3. LeoTheLion89

LeoTheLion89 New Member

I don't see why people care about a front plate more states require them then not so it's just life. I don't find it possible tat a petty thing like a license plate would ruin the looks of any car the bumpers on all cars are designed for front plates in every state a front plate is required care manufactures are also required to put a bracket on. If a car don't have a bracket take some sheet metal screws and a power drill to mount the plate.
    That link is dead. I have never seen a Daewoo like that before the Saturn sky looks cool.
    I asked the MN DVS about this and I will get back to you.
    3M makes the plates actually. All the "Flat" plates are is pretty much a sticker on a piece of metal.
    Drive the speed limit then.

4. Curry

Curry Well-Known Member

:facepalm:

Nhibbs likes this.
  5. LeoTheLion89

LeoTheLion89 New Member

Actually this is not always the case. One state that is a 1-plate-state provides 2 plates but one one needs to be displayed. Also some states like Arkansas another 1 plate stat provides you with and requires you to use 2 plates when you have vanity plates.

6. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

Awww, I remember my first time using the internet. I had SO much to say.

[​IMG]

Kneel Weiß, Jerf, Nhibbs and 3 others like this.
  7. LeoTheLion89

LeoTheLion89 New Member

huh?

8. derp

derp Well-Known Member

good job quoting every single post in the thread.

Nhibbs likes this.
  9. blackozone

blackozone Well-Known Member

Yo dog, we heard you like quotes so we put quotes in your quotes so you can quote while you quote.

Jerf, Legsaucy and Nhibbs like this.
  10. derp

derp Well-Known Member

what's your favorite pony?

11. Nhibbs

Nhibbs Well-Known Member

Did you do your traffic school thesis on license plates? Jesus I bet you are fun at parties.
    I have a sneaking suspicion that your day job is being a meter maid and I wouldn't be surprised if you are the jackass who gave me the parking ticket for no front plate (which I got thrown out).
    Some people don't like the front plate because of a FMIC or like me have a lightbar with fogs, I hate how the front plate looks and I refuse to believe it is for safety.
    If you are disabled on the side if the road people will be coming from behind and can see the reflection from your rear plate.

xodad2 likes this.
  12. Nhibbs

Nhibbs Well-Known Member

Dislike

13. Nhibbs

Nhibbs Well-Known Member

Dislike

14. Curry

Curry Well-Known Member

:asshat:

Call your congress person and see what they say. It does nothing to bitch on here about it.

15. Nhibbs

Nhibbs Well-Known Member

:finger: Gtfooh

16. Curry

Curry Well-Known Member

:coffee:

17. Nhibbs

Nhibbs Well-Known Member

:cigar:

18. derp

derp Well-Known Member

:shifty:

19. LeoTheLion89

LeoTheLion89 New Member

I just thought I would put my two cents in about this topic with facts just to clear things up I can just a easily delete my account if you people are only going to complain.
    Some one said that on a YouTube comment. In the eyes of police "dislike" of a front plate IS NOT A OPTION if you don't want a front plate get a car that's 1972 or older where front plate is optional OR move to one of the 19 states that don't require one. Its just a license plate there is better things on the planet to b***h about. there is plenty of places on a car you can put the plate the edge of the bumper on the grill even below the bumper as long as the plate is no less than 1 foot from the ground (from bottom of plate to ground) its perfectly legal.

EDIT: what the f is a FMIC?

20. readymix

The point here is that you joined the site yesterday, grabbed a relatively obscure thread, then posted it to it 5 times in a row, and then after someone gave the facepalm smiley, you posted for a 6th time. All of this in a thread that hasn't been able to muster more than a page worth of responses in 4 years of existence. Why this thread? And why not post one post with all your comments.

Also, you've been here one ****ing day, and all of a sudden you are calling out the entire community for "bitching" about having a front plate. Of all the petty **** to get in an e-arguement about, you've picked this thread. THIS THREAD. This is where you made your first impression on a community that spans over a decade, you spend your first day here making 10 comments in a thread about license plates.

You may want to slow your roll there, Radio. There's more than Wapner on the TV around here. Try lurking more.

21. LeoTheLion89

LeoTheLion89 New Member

that's the thing I JUST JOINED This site. it took me 5 minutes to even FIGURE out how to quote why didn't I put it all in one post? easy once you post you CANT delete it or add more quotes to it and i questioned what a facepalm is cuz I have no clue what that even means

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
    WLGT likes this.
  22. dang0

dang0 Well-Known Member

You guys are f'ing relentless. I appreciate Leo's first post quite a bit.

MNSubaru's new slogan, should be, "Actively discouraging membership since......"

LeoTheLion89 and blackozone like this.
  23. derp

derp Well-Known Member

:butthurt:

24. readymix

thats enough.gif

Nhibbs and dang0 like this.
  25. Curry

Curry Well-Known Member

Just to clarify, I wasn't trying to be an asshole about it, its just slightly absurd to post 4 times in one thread without a response. I would encourage @LeoTheLion89 to stay an active member, just not use a bit of moderation in spamming a thread...

26. LeoTheLion89

LeoTheLion89 New Member

Vary well noted. Now that I know how to post quotes in series its no problem at all to refrain from several posts

27. Ryan FailRad

Ryan FailRad Well-Known Member

So is illegal if I have my Wisconsin plates in my window when I'm parked and no forward facing plate when I'm driving.

28. KA-T_240

KA-T_240 Well-Known Member

I have legally driven in MN with MN plates with just a rear plate :)
    Got to love "old" cars.

29. LeoTheLion89

LeoTheLion89 New Member

How would I know? i dont live in WI never been out of Minnesota. All i know about Wisconsin plates is that the rear plate is the one you put the registration sticker on the front dont have to have a sticker on it. Don't really seem a point in that logic Law Enforcement in MN use the front plate in MN to run 90% of the Visual Registration Checks they do, If WI dont require registraion stickers on the front plate i dont really see much point in having it then.
    I actually see a few cars from time to time that either dont have the front plate there or have it in some way illegally mounted ie on the dash but that is few and far between that i do see that.

30. Nhibbs

Nhibbs Well-Known Member

Just....[​IMG]

LeoTheLion89 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.