FS- 1976 Subaru DL Wagon- almost mint cond! (NO RUST) Seattle Car!

Discussion in 'For Sale : Car Parts' started by ratty2austin, Jan 7, 2009.

1. ratty2austin

ratty2austin New Member

Hey Guys and Gals! It's been a while since I have been on this forum, but while I have been trying to sell my mint little old skool Subaru over here in Seattle, I remembered how much you guys like the Rust Free cars, so thought I would bring this over to this forum as well!

I have to clear some debt- I like this car.. but its not my kind of vehicle (I need one I can beat up and haul stuff in if I keep a car, and this one is too pretty for me ) those of you who have seen my bike or if you remember my impreza wagon will understand!

I don't drive it much, just once in a while to keep it fresh and the fluids flowing, etc.. so it does start, run and drive pretty good- (it could use a fine tuning, it runs rough 'till its warmed up but hey- its got a carburetor and a points distributor!)

the tech specs-

1976 DL Front Wheel Drive Subaru Wagon
    1400cc "EA63" flat 4 liquid cooled engine
    rack and peanut steering (not power)
    power assist breaks (front disc, rear drum)
    4spd manual transmission
    AM single speaker radio
    new tires/other misc new parts throughout the car
    approx 21k miles on the ODO- (its 5 digit, so no way to prove, but..)

The story-

This car was the first car that Carter Subaru sold when they opened as a dealer in 1975/76 and the first owner traded it in in the 90's.. the dealer sent it to touch up and through the shop for new parts- basically "restored" so that it would sit in the showroom for 12 years (from 96 to 2008) thats when I picked it up- management changed their advertisement methods and the old car was to be "purged" from the dealer stock... soooo... I ended up with it- cleaned it, put a battery in it, and then took it to a car show or 2. (and got 1st place at the west coast subaru show!)

so thats the story- its currently licensed and insured, and its a runner- i would trust it to drive me across the country (so I could deliver it to MN or wherever, of course!)

I need to sell it, I am in some debt and would like to get cash..

but I will consider trades too (motorcycle, high end camera stuff or equal value newer subaru?)

as far as cash goes- I was aiming for somewhere in the area of 4K for it- but everyone's opinion of what a collector car is worth varys so make me a reasonable offer and see what happens from there...
    (trade for Canon 5DmkII would be fine too... )

Here are some photos! (they were taken in the summer, but not much has changed.. If you are seriously interested, i can get additional shots posted too (underside, engine bay, etc)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

its clean on the inside, new carpet!

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

anyway, some of you know who I am (Hello!! its been a while!) and I know at least one of you can vouch for me that I will deliver (John? you still out there?)

anyway, hope to see you guys at a subie meet sometime when I make it back out there!

thanks for lookin' pass the word along....

~Austin
    (206) 856-7797
    [email protected]
    email or phone calls work best, I can check back in here too... but the email gets checked very frequently and my phone is always on my side!

2. Squiggly

Squiggly Squiggly

very nice!

3. sneefy

sneefy Well-Known Member

EJ205 swap.

Seriously. :eek3:

4. Snowbum

Snowbum Well-Known Member

I do believe I just fell in love.... Beautiful car....

5. Paul Revere

Paul Revere BANNED

That thing is sick! I'd keep it just the way it is!

6. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

far too cool as-is. find a ratty one in a barn somewhere to cut up and turn into a monster.

hey Austin! long time no see! saw this car when you had it listed on the usmb, absolutely gorgeous. wish I had the space for another car.

7. Tcat55371

Tcat55371 Well-Known Member

HEY Austin,

Nice to hear from you again. I wish I had the money, cute car and yeah YOU CAN TRUST AUSTIN. I still have the XT and it's parked for the winter, also have that fwd XT that came from out there too and it's running now. Nice looking wagon, wish I had some cash. That would be a blast for a summer car.

Hey go put it on the XT board too forsale http://subaruxt.com/forum/index.php
    There are a couple guys looking for cars there, maybe they will like that too.

keep in touch Austin....

john

8. Rexarew

Rexarew Subie Girl

Omg!! I Love It!!!

9. qstarin

qstarin Well-Known Member

nice. That's interesting for sure.

10. Michael48

Michael48 Member

Considering............
    I'll have to talk to my wife. The wagon is so retro!

11. ratty2austin

ratty2austin New Member

sold...

sorry guys, thanks for all the interest- but someone came and bought it today!!!

sold faster than I thought, the new year seems to have made more people comfortable with spending the moola on old cars!

hopefully I will still get a chance to see some of you if I make it over to the midwest again!!

Hey John!! good to hear from ya :)

12. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

Good to hear from you mr austin.

13. Michael48

Michael48 Member

Bummer for me, Good for you!

14. Impreza 2.2 T AWD

Impreza 2.2 T AWD New Member

WOW that is VERY clean. Impressed. Truly impressed. Price PLZ

15. phi11

phi11 Well-Known Member