FS: 1998 WRB Impreza 2.5 RS Coupe, Rust Free!

Discussion in 'FS: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats' started by PHATsuby, Jun 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PHATsuby

PHATsuby Well-Known Member

Hey Everyone,

The story on this car was I originally bought this to serve as a DD while I finished my swap on my Legacy with the hope to eventually do a STi swap into this but I don't think I'll get to it. It really is a shame because it would seriously be a perfect swap candidate. It could also be someones daily driver with a little work.

The car is from Georgia originally, has seen half a Minnesota winter, I never drove it this past winter, it just sat. It has no rust rot on the quarter panels. The only little rust spot is from a rock chip. The body is not perfect but I'd say it is very good for the miles and it is extremely hard to find these without rusted quarter panels.

176k miles on the chassis, automatic. The engine was bad when I bought it so I bought a JDM motor with 40k on it and swapped over the USDM intake manifold and EGR setup and put it in the car. It also had a torn axle boot so I replaced both front axles with new ones. I started the car and I was getting some small drips from the timing chain cover. On further inspection I believe it also had some oil from the rear of the car. So after all that I believe the oil pump o-ring needs replacing and either the rear main seal or baffle plate. The engine was also running in limp mode which I did not get a chance to trouble shoot.

The interior carpet will need to be replaced, and the driver's side seat is in rough shape and should be replaced. It has fairly new tires and WRX wheels on it.

IMO, this would be a great DD for anyone looking to put in a few hours of work and maybe a couple hundred for new carpet/seats. Could also be a perfect candidate for a swap, I have 3/4 of the parts to do a STi swap as well which I'd be willing to work out a package deal. ;)

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions. The car is located down in Rochester, it would most likely need to get picked up on a trailer to take it anywhere.

Asking $3,200 OBO

Thanks
    Ben

NOTE: The car is dirty in the photos and has water spots, the paint is generally in good condition besides the highlighted issues in the photos.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Tim the Plumber

Tim the Plumber Well-Known Member

nice looking car! Is that a samoyed in the front yard there?!

3. jmyhre05

jmyhre05 Well-Known Member

Dude if my sti sells this week ill be checking this thing out!

4. PHATsuby

Thanks! Yes it is a Samoyed.

Car is pending sale. :)

Ben

5. Tim the Plumber

Tim the Plumber Well-Known Member

How much for the Sammy ? :) good luck with sale would make a great rally cross car too!

6. SurlyOldManMN

SurlyOldManMN Omdat fok jou Staff Member

Woah, woah...

A car FS thread with a price AND pictures in the OP without the mods needing to say something? What manner of trickery is this?

Ctracey218 likes this.
  7. PHATsuby

lol, I know weird right!

Car is SOLD!

Thanks
    Ben

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.