FS: Broken piece of crap.

Discussion in 'For Sale : Car Parts' started by Substeroo, Mar 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Substeroo

Substeroo Well-Known Member

I just got a new subwoofer and a new two-sub box. I kinda want to get matching subs. So I was wondering if anyone was interested in a 10" sub in a sealed enclosure?

It's 2 years old this summer. It sounds great! I have thrown ALOT at it and the only thing that's happened is the dust cap came loose in one spot so I reglued it and it was fine.

The guy that sold it to me new was from Cali and said they use this brand (Ultimate) for competitons.

Who knows though all I know is I was and am still very satisfied with it. All of my friends can't believe I get so much bass and power out of it.

I think it's rated at 300 watts continuous but I'm not sure. I've been running it bridged on a Kenwood 300 watt amp.

Sorry for the long post.

I don't know what to ask so make me an offer.<font color="red"></font id="red">

2. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

If you want to get rid of it... I'll take it off your hands for free... my car could use some music, other than the sound coming from the engine, the little muffle from the muffler and road noise LOL.

3. Substeroo

THAT'S your offer?
    :mad:

Do you have an amp?

I'll trade it for a certain set of gold 17's....

:eek:)

4. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Substeroo

THAT'S your offer?
    :mad:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Sorry bro, I did some damage to my car and ended up using my Auto allowence this year LOL... I'm sure someone will pick it up from you.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Do you have an amp?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Yeah I have one, would you like to buy it? It's a Rockford 200 Watt 1 or 2 channel.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I'll trade it for a certain set of gold 17's....<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Sure, let me paint my Enkie 5+ with Gold tone and we'll deal LOL. j/k I'm sure you'll get better deal posting it on ebay or something.

Good luck with your sale bro... talk to you soon.

5. Substeroo

I thought you had the stock gold rims on your STi?

No, I don't want to buy your amp.
    You mean you have the amp but no boom-boom?

If you help me finish unpacking at home, I'll give you the speaker.:p
    LOL...

Thanks bro.

Anyone else?

I'll sell it for the same price as what speaker I want.
    <s><font size="3">$89.99</font id="size3"></s>

Nah, I'll go for <font color="red">$60</font id="red">. :eek:

First offer takes it.

6. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

Ultimate sounds alot like a Radio Shack brand to me, I've been building Stupid LOUD systems and never have I heard such a brand. Sorry to spoil your sales pitch, but if your using a Kenwood to run it, than its really not that load. Of course that would depend on your experience of LOAD. Anyway IMO for $60.00 your better off keeping it in your car incase you happen to have a Road Rage experience and end up looking for something big and useless to clown someone over the head with. :eek:) Ok that enough.
    :D
    Chong

ScoobySnack likes this.
  7. Substeroo

Not much experience with loud. :I

I happened to have an unfortunate accident last night anyway and put a pretty hole through it. [xx(]

Ultimate does sound like a radio shack brand...your point being? :eek:)

No mo sale bizniatches.

Unless someone wants a box...
    }:)

8. jprice

jprice Well-Known Member

Subster! :eek: What happened? :???:

9. Substeroo

So, I was really excited to put the two speakers in the new box.
    I put the new one in first and that went fine.
    Three screws away from finishing the second (old) speaker I was screwing in a screw and the drill slipped and sent that pointy Phillips screw bit diving into the cone...
    :eek:
    I was surprised at how easily it punctured it! [xx(]
    so now there's a spider-web type crack around a little hole about the size of a pea.

Do you guys think it's a duck tape or throw away job?

I'm glad it was the old speaker. Although I got the warranty thing so if it was the new one, whatever happens, Bestbuy will replace it.
    So, I listened to the new one in the new box and it sounds AWESOME! I'm going to get a second one Friday.

Want to see pics?

10. jprice

jprice Well-Known Member

Oh PHEW!! I thought you meant you had a car accident and the speaker was damaged from that! Glad to hear that's not what happened!

11. Substeroo

12. MNAutomatic

MNAutomatic New Member

Know what ya mean. I got two tens installed in my trunk this past christmas as a gift to go along with the rest of my stereo and I dont know how I ever got along with out it. Just sucks now to get into a car with out having a nice massage or a little extra boom boom if you wanna be seen

13. Substeroo

You know if Ben got his system set up?

He had some cool plans for it.

14. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

Substeroo,

No point intended, just giving u crap, if you need idea on how to make it sound better or LOUDER, feel free to PM me :eek:):D

Chong

15. Substeroo

Cool Thanks. Check the Off-Topic Forum...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.