FS (Duluth): 2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 - Mopar Stage 3

Discussion in 'For Sale : Car Parts' started by DavidPHumes, Jul 12, 2011.

1. DavidPHumes

DavidPHumes Well-Known Member

Year, Make and Model: 2005 Dodge Neon SRT4
    Color: Flame Red
    Miles: 66,825
    Transmission: 5 Speed Manual
    Title: Clean with no accident history (I ran CarFax upon purchase)
    VIN: 1B3AS66SX5D286841
    Seller's name: David Humes
    Seller's phone number: 218-343-5008
    Seller's email address: DavidPHumes at Gmail dot com
    Asking Price: $11,000 OBO

For sale is my 5 speed manual 2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 with 66,825 miles.
    The car is Flame Red in color with black/charcoal interior.
    The car has the following factory options:

Sunroof
    Limited Slip Differential
    Viper Seats (these did not come from the car factory but they have the resistor mod completed so no airbag light)
    Kicker "Livin' Loud" sound system

The car has the following modifications:

- Mopar Stage 3 with turbo toys - $3,500
    Includes:
    Mopar stage 3 turbo/manifold
    Mopar stage 3 o2 housing
    Mopar exhaust manifold gasket
    Mopar 02 housing to downpipe gasket
    Mopar 75 psi regulated fuel rail
    Mopar fuel pump canister assembly
    Mopar fuel pump canister seal
    Mopar stage 3 injectors
    Mopar 3 bar map sensor
    Mopar tip sensor
    Mopar copper gaskets for turbo oil/water lines
    Mopar stage 3 badge
    - Mopar Stage 1 lowering springs (1" drop) - $260
    - Mopar cold air intake - $360
    - Maxxfab 3" downpipe - $250
    - Mopar/Borla catback exhaust - $490
    - Exhaust Depot direct fit intercooler - $375
    - N2MB electronic boost controller - $199
    - NGK wideband Air/Fuel Monitor - $260
    - Color matched eyelids
    - ACT Street Clutch
    - 20% tint all around
    - Kuhmo Ecsta SPT with ~5,000 miles
    - Shorty antenna
    - Removed fog light surrounds

As you can see, no real expense has been spared in the modification of the car. The above mods retain OEM reliability and in the 4 months I've owned the car they've not caused a single issue. Altogether these mods were nearly $6,000. I was initially quite weary of purchasing a car already modded (especially an SRT4) but I have been extremely happy with the car in all aspects. The car has 0 traction issues so long as you don't punch it in 1st. The car has never been raced while in my posession and doesn't see boost unless it is to temperature. From what I can tell, the previous owners (I'm the 3rd owner) took good care of the car. With that said, I'm a perfectionist, so I will let you know about all of the things that bother me about the car (a lot of these are normal for a 6 year old car but these are the only things that really detract it from being in "showroom" condition).

1. The windshield is cracked. I already have the replacement and will have it replaced in a couple of weeks.
    2. The passenger side door handle has been touched up. It isn't really noticeable unless you're a couple of feet away.
    3. Paint has started to rub off on the trim in some areas of the car. This seems to be a well documented "Neon thing".
    4. At one point the wing was repainted. Whoever repainted it was too lazy to take it off, and there are some tape marks on one side. The paint job is surprisingly good.
    5. CEL for the boost controller (P0243). This is because of the N2MB boost controller taking boost control from the ECU. There's also a P0633 which is for the skim codes (NOT a problem). P0243 would be solved by a resistor mod.
    6. Someone rubbed my bumber in the parking lot at work a few weeks ago and took some paint with them. I'm having it sanded down and repainted next week.
    7. 3rd gear is SOMETIMES resistent to going in. I'd say maybe 1/15 times. It DOES NOT grind. This appears to be a worn down shift fork. Also well documented and cheap to fix.
    8. The throw out bearing can sometimes be heard at idle. Not loud and you have to really listen for it. Non-issue.
    9. Some rock chips on the front that have mostly been touched up.

I love the car, but I have a 400WHP LS1 swapped RX-7. Having two "quick" cars kind of ruins the point of having one, if that makes any sense. There is a loan out on the car but no lein. Why, you ask? Well, I didn't get the title from the PO until a little bit ago and now with the government shutdown here in Minnesota I haven't been able to transfer it, either. So I will tranfer it whenever the shutdown ends. I physically have the title for the car, though. Please let me know if you have any questions, concerns, etc. No test drives without serious interest and money. The car will be sold with a fresh oil change and a full tank of 91.

MORE PICTURES WILL BE POSTED LATER TODAY.

Also, I am NOT interested in trades.

[​IMG]

2. DavidPHumes

Bump! Make an offer.

3. DavidPHumes

Bump... $11,000 OBO.

4. WREX

WREX Member

Have you posted this on the Minnesota's srt forum? I doubt you will much luck selling it here. GLWS

5. DavidPHumes

Yes, it's posted there as well. Just wanted to get it on here in case someone happened to be interested.