FS/FT:1999 2.5RS Coupe (lots of pix)

Discussion in 'For Sale : Car Parts' started by hakstern, Jan 6, 2008.

1. hakstern

hakstern Member

^
    I'm not really in that much of a rush, so I'll stick to my price. There are plenty of RS's out there. Offer them 5.5k :p

2. xlur8ed

xlur8ed New Member

RS's very VERY rarely go for 'book value'... Just like trade in, the dealer rarely gives you what NADA/KBB/Edmunds quotes. Market value, supply/demand, urgency are the key factors for a cars value. I bought my 98' RS for $8500 and had to drive to Chicago to get it. His price is very reasonable...If you want to gauge the value of a GC RS, check out rs25.com. His car will sell for $7000, just got to find someone that wants it.

Clean car man, if I was swapping mine, I would be interested.

3. dman

dman New Member

There was a very clean 00'RSon ebay in Chicago just few days ago, and it went for 6600. I looked at it a while ago when the owner was flooding craigslist with "$8900 firm on price" ads, and it was in very good shape. And that's in major metro. Being in the middle of nowhere does not add to the price. But that's just me.
    I expect this one to sell for less than 5.5k, and I'm not trying to bring a price down, I bought a different car instead of RS.