FSTB fitment with Big TMIC?

Discussion in 'Modifications And Maintenance' started by bora28, Jul 30, 2010.

1. bora28

bora28 New Member

So my GTspec front strut tower brace wont clear my ESS bftmic on my 04 STi. Anyone have any input on strut tower braces that can accommodate a larger top mount? I hear whiteline makes one that is designed to clear larger topmounts, also hear SPT and DC Sports clears larger tmic's. Anyone have any experience with those or others that would clear? Im looking for cheap and preferably hingeless...

2. bora28

bora28 New Member

Srsly?
    Nobody???
    bump...

3. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Well, on that chassis a front strut bar really isn't needed. The strut towers are so close to the firewall that unless you are seriously hammering on the car, you will see no real world gains from it. Unless you are already running a monster front antiroll bar and some heavy duty coilovers, you will be far from flexing the strut tower tops.

Russ

4. JasonoJordan

JasonoJordan Well-Known Member

+1 for what russ said. i have one just for looks.

5. bora28

bora28 New Member

Honestly, it is kink of a looks/psychological thing for me. I've had the on every car I've owned and modded the suspension on. I'm looking for what fits so I can work out a possible trade of mine for one that would fit. I wanna gain some info before posting a FT/FS thread...