FT: 2005 STI Interior for 2005 WRX Interior

Discussion in 'For Sale : Car Parts' started by STi Scott, Dec 19, 2010.

1. STi Scott

STi Scott Well-Known Member

I have a 2005 STI and the interior is in good shape overall. I'm not a huge fan of the blue, and would much rather have a black interior. I'm hoping to find someone with a 2005 WRX that has the pass-through rear seat, and hopefully heated front seats that would like to trade for my STI interior. The trade would include seats, door cards, carpet, and floor mats. Must also be in good shape, and not smell like smoke.

Also, if anyone knows where I could possibly get my hands on the interior out of a Limited STI for a reasonable price let me know. Thanks.

2. issues

issues Well-Known Member

Only way your getting a flip down back seat is out of a wagon. I don't think the year matters 02-05 wrx and sti are the same I believe. If anyone knows better correct me if I'm wrong if I'm not Ill gladly trade you. My car has never been smoked in ever.

3. STi Scott

I know the 05's have slightly different door cards; the door handle/tweeter piece is different. I had an 04 wrx sedan with cold weather package and it had both heated front seats and a pass-through rear seat. It's just the center section of the seat that folds down, but it is big enough to slide a snowboard or skis through.

4. blackozone

blackozone Well-Known Member

I'll step in to correct you.
    02-04 sedan interiors are different from 05-07. The door cards were revised for the 05 model year. If you were to trade, you would need to swap the door handle brackets as well or else it won't work. Also, the switches are different, but modifications can be done to make them work.
    04-06 STI rear seats do not have a fold-down pass through, which is what the OP is searching for. All WRX sedans have the pass through.

5. STi Scott

Correct me if I'm wrong, but 06-07 wrx's have black and tan seats? If I am correct, then that leaves me with only the 05 wrx interior because I don't want tan, and I don't want to change door handle brackets.

6. Nuke

Nuke Well-Known Member

grey and black seats

or black leather

or straight up tan leather

7. STi Scott

Hmmm, looks like I'm going to have to do a little research to figure out what all these different interiors are cuz I obviously don't know haha. What I do know for sure is I want 05-07 cuz I don't want to change the door handle brackets, and I do want the pass-through rear seat.

8. Tash

Tash Well-Known Member

my 05 has full black interior with rear seat pass through. but i dont know if i want to be a sti faker lol

9. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

^ so does mine, but I like my interior ;)

10. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

Most 06-07 wrxs have the black and grey 2-tone interior. The wrx TR front seats have an adjustable headrest and the standard model wrx got the 1-piece front seats. Like Nuke said, you could also get the 06-07 wrx in black leather or tan leather.

Also, everything Blackozone said is also correct. As a further point of clarification, the 07 sti is the only usdm GD model that came with a rear pass through. You could look for one of those but they are pretty scarce.

The only year with all black interior was the 05 (2.5rs and wrx).

You can modify the door card insert color pretty easily (although it is easier with the older style). I think blackozone did a writeup on that.

Carpets came in various shades of black and grey and are pretty easy to find. They go for 20-100 used depending on color and condition. There are a couple aftermarket options but fitment is nowhere near oem. New from the dealer they are around $300.

All usdm impreza seats suck imho lol. The bugeye seats hold you in but are ugly as hell. After that, all the usdm wrx, sti, and 2.5rs/2.5i seats were made in fat bastard size. Pretty much any seat from 04 to present (including 08+ sti) would match the black interior. That said, it might be a good opportunity to pick up some aftermarket seats. I don't know if any non-leather seat came heated from the factory. I know of some dealerships who installed heating elements to some cloth seats. This is also a modifcation you can do yourself pretty easily.

Anyway, good luck! That blue interior made me nauseous every time I drove my sti!

11. Tash

Tash Well-Known Member

some of us are very thankful for that fat bastard size, lol

12. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

You're ruining it for the rest of us :mad: lol

They are great for road trips but suck ass otherwise. I used to get massive bruises on my legs from bracing myself during autox runs. That was with a schroth harness too!

13. STi Scott

Thanks for the info! Yeah, I don't want the 2-tone seats, or the adjustable head rests. Never really thought about tan, but if it is leather I would consider it. I know that some cloth interior cars came with heated seats as well. My 04 wrx had black cloth and it had the cold weather package with heated seats.

14. redheat86

redheat86 Well-Known Member

I have 05 front and rear seat set (no door cards).

Let me know if your interested as I want to get my STi back to OEM spec.

15. STi Scott

Maybe... are they heated seats by chance? and do you have black carpet?

16. redheat86

redheat86 Well-Known Member

non heated and I still have my original STi carpet, so no.

Either way let me know if you sell your seats.

17. STi Scott

Bump... surprised no one really took interest in this. Anyone want to buy a full sti interior without trade? I'll find interior out of a limited or something on my own.

18. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

maybe depending on the price