GB: Flatout Suspension!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale : Group Buy/Bulk Lot/Part Outs' started by Imprezme00, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Imprezme00

Imprezme00 Well-Known Member

Hey everyone!

Flatout Suspension is re-releasing their 5000 series coilovers(formally the C50), with a group buy! These are a 15-20% improvement over stock, perfect for street and light race applications.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This info was originally shared on a worldwide GC8 owners club on Facebook.

https://www.flatoutsuspension.com/products/5000gb?variant=25060060296

Right now we are at tier 3 pricing at $475 a set plus a $250 deposit. Todd from Flatout just announced a 4th and final tier, if we can get 20 people to guy these he'll drop it to $400 + $250 deposit = $650 set with free shipping. Regular price is $925 plus shipping.

A message from Todd Schudi @ Flatout.
    "I just upped the ante...if we reach 20, one of the 20 will get their order FOR FREE! 100% FREE. So, share this everywhere. If it's only 19, no one wins, no $400 price. Sadness."

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
    joebush44 likes this.
  2. Imprezme00

Day 1 and so far we already have 5 orders in. They have these for Foresters, Legacy's... you name it. If you don't see your car on the list, on the website, message me or message Flatout and more than likely they are already working on a set for your car.

3. Imprezme00

We hit 7 preorders.

Price is now $250 deposit plus $475 when the group buy ends at the end of the month.

Few people on the GC8 page are committing to 2+ sets for their other cars too, just waiting on their orders.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  4. joebush44

joebush44 Well-Known Member

Messaged.

5. Imprezme00

Here's a list of some questions and concerns that I, and others, have had. Todd Schudi from Flatout has been beyond amazing with getting back to me, and others, almost immediately. So if you have more questions, send them to me or you can message Flatout via Facebook.

(Q/C-Question/Concern)
    (A/R-Answer/Response)

Q/C: What application are these best suited for?
    A/R: These are an entry level adjustable coilover best for street and light race applications. These are not designed for major rally events or auto x, other models are better for that kind of abuse.

Q/C: Why aren't there any reviews on this model?
    A/R: The original version, C50, was discontinued. When it was removed from the website store, the reviews were lost. There are reviews for the other models in which you can get an idea on the quality and service they provide.

Q/C: What would you compare these to?
    A/R: Best response I could get, were KYB AGX struts, group n adjustable top mounts, and a street spring. Overall, 15-20% stiffer than OEM.

Q/C: Are these Chinese knock-offs? Where are they made? Are they massed produced?
    A/R: (this info is from April of 16')These are not massed produced, each set is made specifically for each customer. Some parts are sourced and some are machined locally and some are name brand like Hypercoils.

Q/C: I saw this thread and it looks like negative reviews.
    A/R: There was an inquiry made about the suspension they make on a rally forum. Here's Flatout's response, within the thread. http://www.dirally.com/forums/showt...nsion-Thoughts&p=420555&viewfull=1#post420555
    A side note - a few of the skeptics in that thread ended up trying the suspension and have won rally events on them, but again the group buy is for the 5000 model which is not recommended for rally.

Q/C: I heard that there was an issue with powder coat coming off.
    A/R: He told me today that he switched his powder coat source once he heard of the issues. (I didn't get an exact date but I can find out if needed.)

Q/C: How is the customer service?
    A/R: So far... I'm kind of amazed at how this guy does business. When I first messaged Flatout on Facebook, after hours, I received an aut0-reply with the company hours and what not. Not more than 10 minutes later I had a response to my questions. This went on all weekend, as I was asking questions for others as well, on the fly. If you read through the rally thread, posted above, he gets some positive reviews on customer service as well. He even calls customers when they are nearing the end of the 5 year warrantied products to see if they want them rebuilt. So... so far... so good.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
    Takalak and joebush44 like this.
  6. Imprezme00

First Legacy set ordered.

We're up to 8 preorders. 12 more by Oct. 31st and the price drops another $75 and one person gets their set free.

7. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

Figured I'd just post this "in public" rather than a message since I feel like it might be asked my multiple people. Maybe not.

Anywho, you've got an 02-07 WRX fitment. Is this sedan specific or are they wagon compatible? Thanks.

8. joebush44

I think the only difference is that the camber would differ .5* to .75* when using sedan specific struts on a wagon and visa versa, which should easily be compensated for with the camber plates on the struts. I could be wrong. Message Flatout on Facebook, he's generally pretty quick answering questions.

9. joebush44

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
    Krazylegz1485 likes this.
  10. Krazylegz1485

Thanks for your leg work Joe. I remember just looking at another set of coil overs recently and they specifically said sedan fitment only. If you had a wagon you'd have to get sedan LCA's and driveshafts.

Pretty sweet that they're compatible with both.

joebush44 likes this.
  11. Imprezme00

Yeah he hands builds each set too so if you need something specific done, he can do it.

12. Imprezme00

9 preorders in and a few have committed on the GC8 page once payday hits this week.

Edit*
    Make that 11 preorders!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
    joebush44 likes this.
  13. Imprezme00

13 orders in, 7 more!

14. Krazylegz1485

I know this is nitpicking, and for that I apologize, but curious. Website says +$400 pricing for 16-20. So once it hits 16 it drops to the 400 extra and the only thing getting to 20 does is essentially make one lucky person's order free, correct? Seriously contemplating this deal.

15. Imprezme00

My understanding is we have to hit 20 orders to get the final discount. Unless that has changed. I'll check with Todd. Either way we are going to hit the 20 mark. I even told them I'd buy a 2nd set so everyone could get the full discount(if we only made it to 19 let's say)

16. Imprezme00

I'm checking with Todd. Before, he had said we had to hit 20... But now that I look at the website you seem to be correct in that he changed it. I'll respond as soon as I hear from him.

17. Imprezme00

From Todd:
    The price, yeah...your quoted guy has it right. 16 gets $400, #20 is the random freebie.

18. Imprezme00

We just hit the mark for final pricing.

$250 deposit and $400 at the group buy close. So $650 shipped to the US48.

I won't update anymore on how many have been ordered since the price isn't going down any further.

Feel free to hit up Flatout directly with questions, or I can find out for you.

I asked Todd and there won't be another group buy until next year, so don't miss your chance to get $1000 coilovers for $650 from a company with some of the best customer service I've ever seen(real talk, I don't get paid ;))

19. derp

derp Well-Known Member

I'd like detailed photos of a production set that show each area of the coilover. Some of the photos of 'finished' products looked like they had pretty terrible welds. Hopefully that was a test run, but it isn't 100% confidence inspiring.

20. Imprezme00

I passed this to Todd. Bout to go to work but I'll post up pictures if he sends them to me.

21. Imprezme00

He said that was a picture of a prototype.

22. derp

derp Well-Known Member

So are there pictures available of a production 5000 coilover?

23. Imprezme00

Todd's response:
    "I'll get one shortly, all the old 5000 stuff is gone as I had said, so I'm rebuilding the gallery as I go. It's basically a 5700 just non-inverted.."

24. Imprezme00

He posted a message saying he's ending the group buy at 25 orders. Think they already have 23...

25. derp

derp Well-Known Member

Still not convinced without current pictures. Love the price, concerned about the quality.

26. joebush44

Got the last spot :p

Feels like I'm kind of rolling the dice, but we'll see what happens...

27. derp

derp Well-Known Member

Meh, **** it then :)

joebush44 likes this.
  28. Imprezme00

From Todd @ Flatout

I decided to pull the plug at 25. You're asking why...well I strive to offer quality parts and deliver service that rivals anyone else. If I take on more than I can handle, something suffers. Either the product or my service I provide to you. Those are non-negotiable...."

He then added this.
    "Ok guys...change of plans...I've split the GB into rounds 1 & 2. Round one is done.

ROUND 2, the count resets.

Starting at 1. Orders for Round 2 will ship about 12/1.

We all win."

"ROUND 1 invoices will show up today in your email. Watch for them tonight."

29. Krazylegz1485

So same exact rules as the first, assuming? What's the deadline for round 2? Perhaps I can save enough side cash by that point AND 20 more people decide they need coil overs...

30. Imprezme00

My understanding is yes same rules. Still waiting on a response about the other specifics.

Don't think there will be a problem hitting 20 again, depending on his new timeline. The GC8 club is begging for more.

31. Imprezme00

"Same rules.

Unofficially R1 was 10/1-10/15 and R2 10/15-10/31.

Gb closes 10/31"

So basically, same time line, just splitting into 2 groups with the 2nd groups discount tiers resetting.

32. Imprezme00

Which one of you guys got the free set??!!!!

I'm assuming it was from our group, he said it wasn't from the GC8 page, where most of the sales came from.

Todd
    "Order # 1249 was our winner. He's not in the group, couldn't tag him

Wish it could've been everyone.

Thanks for a great 1st round! Invoices for the $400 have been sent. Time to put an end to this 12 hour day. "

33. joebush44

Not me. :(

34. Imprezme00

Even though I already have my set ordered.

Bump for a good deal.

So far, 26 group buy orders (total).

35. derp

derp Well-Known Member

Still waiting on picssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

joebush44 likes this.
  36. Imprezme00

He did send me one picture but I can't upload it from my phone I'll have to wait till tonight

37. jing123

jing123 Well-Known Member

any chance to get a set for an 08 legacy?

38. Austin L

Austin L Active Member

Click on make/model and scroll down to 05-08 Subaru Legacy.

39. joebush44

Anybody get theirs yet?

40. derp

derp Well-Known Member

no pics, no interest. seems like a backyard special.

Austin L likes this.
  41. joebush44

Time will tell I guess. First GB orders were supposed to start shipping 11/1. Well, 11/18 and still no shipping notification. :(

42. derp

derp Well-Known Member

*preconceived notion validation intensifies*

Krazylegz1485 and joebush44 like this.
  43. Imprezme00

[​IMG]

I know it's late... oh well.

This is all I got.

As far as I know, he started shipping already. I sent him a message last night asking the status of the set I ordered.

44. joebush44

I asked him 3 weeks ago and he told me the same thing. Not a huge deal, but some clarification from him would be nice. I was expecting them to be shipped out 11/1 as stated on the group buy page. Nearly a month later and still no update. I've asked him twice now and he just says they've already started shipping. :shifty:

45. derp

derp Well-Known Member

This guy can't provide pictures of the requested stuff, can't provide confirmation on shipping, 0/10 would not do business with ever no matter what.