God lives in this thread!*If you don't care for Him,don't open it!*;)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by tangledupinblu, Jan 5, 2012.

1. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

So I know that this thread will possibly be submitted to flaming, but I have met enough members throughout my years on this forum to know that i'm not the only guy here that believes. That being said...I wanted to start this thread for those of us that do so that we can talk, testify, and share with one another our experiences and love for eachother.

I personally love the entire Subaru family that i've found through this site and i'd like to think that you all feel that love during our annual LaXCruise! I do it each year to bring a little joy and fun to each one of you that participate so that we all have a little something to look forward to every summer.

The BORNAGN liscense plates that i've had on the car throughout the past 10 years aren't there because the car was born again with an engine swap, but because my life changed in the most positive of ways. I was the typical "life sucks and hopefully i die young so that i don't have to deal with the nonsense any longer than i have too" type of person. I know, sounds terrible, but that's just the way it was for me.

But on May 16th, 2001 i gave my heart to God and it changed me into the person that i am today. Happy, enjoying life, and wanting to share that joy with others. Not by "forcing religion" on others, but by loving them and doing anything that i could to try to help their day be a little better! Ironically enough, my car (Blu) was built on May 15th, 2001. So i believe we were meant to be! lol

My hope for this thread is that i'll be able to meet more of you that are faith driven and get a chance to hear your stories and glorify God for changing my life! Also to let those that don't know him that he can do special things in your time of need and everyday for that matter. Maybe we can meet up and have a Subaru cruise to church one Saturday or Sunday...or every Saturday/Sunday! He'd definitely hear us coming!:D

I didn't create this thread to offend anyone, just wanted to share. Thanks for reading and God bless!

-Joshua

Bugeyejake, Aegis, Silky21L and 10 others like this.
  2. Nuke

Nuke Well-Known Member

God is good...

3. Gridlocked

Gridlocked Well-Known Member

:D Hey Josh, it's been a while.​
    I like the thread.​

Ctracey218 likes this.
  4. tangledupinblu

Hey Ted! I'm glad that you do.:) Miss you man, we need to get together sometime. beer!

5. Gridlocked

Gridlocked Well-Known Member

sounds great! I brewed up a bunch and as soon as that's kegged and ready, we should chill.

6. sneefy

sneefy Well-Known Member

I'm not ashamed to post in this thread. ;)

7. tangledupinblu

I knew that you wouldn't be. It's been too long brotha! Hope all has been well with ya!

And just say when Ted!

8. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

Josh, I'm changing your username to Tim Tebow-ner.

God (and ceiling cat) is watching us ;)

9. kongzilla

kongzilla Well-Known Member

I'm torn between god and shamonism. I believe both. Is that wrong?

solomon likes this.
  10. Nuke

Nuke Well-Known Member

Animism

11. pbedroske

pbedroske Well-Known Member

This is cool, Josh. I'm active in my church as well. We just started a program to read the bible in one year so I guess that's my resolution. Like you said before hope this doesn't get the flame treatment. -Pat

tangledupinblu likes this.
  12. leemoreno

leemoreno New Member

hey joshua,... My name is Lee. I want you to know what an amazing thing it is that you would even post like that. I mean who do you think would really care? It sounds like its against site rules. Im not sure but thanks. Praise God. His will is what brought my wife and I to Minnesota 1 1/2 years ago. Lets start at the beginning. Well I was 16 and in the midst of a backwoods crack house in decaturville, tn. A blessing came. A blessing that I didnt ask for. I was dumb, young, selfish, and far from God, His spirit hit me so hard yet so soft. Tears fell. I met my creator. The holy spirit spoke with me so clearly. Told me that I had a life to live and it wasnt the way that i had been. That I wasnt supposed to be doing these things with these people. That I was to help people like this. That whole day I was blessed with a clear understanding of his voice and his beautiful presence. How priveleged I was. You know I tried for a couple of weeks to give my life to him. But it seemed so hard So much to change. People were telling me i was weird. A girl that i was dating told me she like me better before. I had no one. I ran; told God it was to hard, and that i wasnt ready. Then slipped back into a darkened life. 2 years of hell came about. My Dad left. One day he just up and left; didnt say anything. Days went by. Eventually we got the picture. My brother and i was in a car reck. He was driving, people were killed, he was put in jail, my mom was killing herself working 16 shifts a the nursing home in linden, TN. Thinkgs were piling on. I escaped to a buzz and friends and fun. But O that day came. I felt as if I was going crazy on morning laying in bed. It was the day after my 18 birthday... 9/18/2006. I went to my friends house crying and i didnt even know why. When I got there his mom just gave me a big hug. She had been praying for her boys for years. She is a christian lady so nice and warming. So anyways we walked as she assured me i wasnt going crazy. I set for about 20 minutes just letting it out man crying finally she came around to me and asked me if i wanted to pray. "you know i have a key to the church if you ever just want to go and be alone and pray" she said. I said okay thanks. Minutes later something just got to me. The thought passed through my mind. If anyone could help me it had to be God. We drove that 10 minute and I had no idea what i was in for. We arrived and walked in. It was Dark. I walked up to an alter, she walked up to the furthest most opposite one. Then I fell to my knees. I ran to Jesus. He ran even faster to me. I told him i wanted the life he had for me. That I was ready and sorry that Hadnt already been living for him and that I needed him. That day marked the biggest change of my life. I quit everything smoking drinking drugs everything. Now, 5 years later I recently celebrated my 2nd anniversary with the most lovely lady God could have blessed me with ever and am in Minneapolis, Mn seeking his will for our lives. Her family recently joined us. We have been looking for inner city ministry opportunities, and want to be a part of the community in minneapolis. So Joshua,... thats me. Good to meet ya. Where do ya live? what church you go to? im new on here and i dont know very easily how to use everything so i could use some help with that. If you dont care

13. dark_stalker

dark_stalker Well-Known Member

Both will never work coexist together

14. tangledupinblu

First off, I can't believe that there would be a rule against posting in an off topic thread about anything. No matter what the content, the beauty of America is to be able to speak freely about anything that you wish. And i've seen plenty of topics in the past 5 years that have been questionable, but were allowed non-the-less. As i stated before, this thread is in no way meant to upset, offend, or downgrade any person whether they are of my faith, a different faith, or of no faith at all. And that's also the reason that i posted the title the way that i did...if you don't care to hear about God or read peoples stories about their faith, simply move on and don't click on the thread.:)

I was lucky enough to have a great christian family upbringing, and although it was perfect in no way, there is nothing that would ever make me want to change my past. Some people weren't as lucky as myself to know of God at such a young age as me, and if this thread can shed a little light on any person that is open to receive it, then it is just a bonus to the rest of us!

I wanted to share so that my Subaru family can understand a little better about why i am the way that i am. I've been blessed more than most by meeting so many of you one on one because of the LaXCruise. I remember driving down during the first cruise with my friend Steve and actually being able to name each person as we drove along by their first names instead of their less personal screen names. And i'm thankful for that! You aren't just a screen name and avatar to me.lol

Lee, your story is right on the money as to why i wanted to start this thread! Stories of hitting rock bottom and yet still rising back up from the dark hole that once consumed us. Your story brought tears to my eyes because i've been down a similar road...drugs, alcohol, and living for me. I'm thankful that you're here in MN and that you've joined the MNSubaru forum! God loving men can be car nuts too. Thank you for sharing!

I also posted this thread thinking that the flaming could possibly be out of control, but in my gut i knew that my extended family here knows me well enough and they know that i've always had the best intentions with my involvement on this forum. As stated before, I love all of you guys whether you think i'm a little nutty or not.:D

BroCo likes this.
  15. blackozone

blackozone Well-Known Member

I love Josh because of his nuts.

BugIedIzzy, tangledupinblu and Ylime like this.
  16. Starkall

Starkall Active Member

I could definitely use some help and info in this threads related topic. Too many questions and too many unknown answers.

17. sneefy

sneefy Well-Known Member

Ask away.

I will never claim to have all the answers though. :p

I can tell you I was not raised to believe and came to faith later in life, approaching Christianity with a rational mind. If that is where you're coming from, I'd be glad to share.

18. leemoreno

leemoreno New Member

Like what man

19. 02subbieRS

02subbieRS Well-Known Member

I fully support this thread.

BugIedIzzy and TSTRBOY2004 like this.
  20. tangledupinblu

My parents "made me go to church" until i was about 13-14yrs old, then they told me i was old enough to make up my own mind about what i wanted to believe. You know what my decision was!lol. "I've got better things to do on Sunday...like sleep in,watch tv,hang with friends,etc." It took alot of years doing my own thing before i realised that i wasn't able to handle life on my own. I also approached faith with a rational mind and understanding that i didn't "have to do" anything also. It became a want and need tho and thank God that he opened my eyes to how much better my life could be. And it's great, nowadays you can sleep in Saturday morning and still go to church at night! Most churches aren't restricted to Sunday mornings only anymore, which is greatly helpful...it will allow me to make it for burgers tomorrow at the Lions Tap.;)

If anyone has questions about anything, feel free to contact me via pm. Especially if you're not comfortable asking openly on the forum. Like i previously stated, i'm not here to tell you that "OMG you have to listen to me and get saved!!" God knocks at the door when we're ready, we have to open it on our own. I can't "save" you.

Lee(blak-o-noes!), you can pm me about my nuts too if you'd like. hahaha.

21. derp

derp Well-Known Member

i've been pissed at whatever is upstairs for a while now, but there are just some things that happen that absolutely confirm the fact that there is some higher power.

like the fact that i was able to get my loan for my new subie. there is absolutely no way that i should have been able to actually get the financing for it due to lack of work history at the current pay rate that i'm at, but just the way things turned out...

i needed pay stubs from my last job. totally not expecting to have to have those. i ran out to my car, and looked, and found two in the center console. i brought them back in, and they were from september and august. the loan person asked if i had any others in the car. i said i doubted it, but i'd look again. i needed one from at least after the 20th of november. i looked in the trunk, and saw a work shirt from the warehouse. in one of the pockets was a pay stub from 25 november. really? how the f did that get there?

it turned out to be just what i needed. I was able to get financing for a car that cost twice as much as the one i had before, based on the same old income (less than half of what i make now).

it should not have worked out that way, but someone upstairs saw how badly i was after this car, how much hard work i had put into managing to get it, etc.

not to mention the fact that i got a phone call out of the blue that ended up with me getting the job for the army that i have now....

there's gotta be something going on upstairs.

tangledupinblu likes this.
  22. tangledupinblu

There is NO such thing as coincidence mang!! That is funny to me because i had an extremely similar situation when i went to purchase the WRX down in IA. Went into the dealership in Cedar Rapids, the dealer that i met with asked me for pay stubs(i was collecting unemployment due to lay offs at the time). I told him that i probably didn't have any and ended up finding two in the center counsel. "No way,thank you Lord!" is all that i could say when i saw them! I took them back inside and he looked at them. They were the pay stubs from a month or two previous because i hadn't been working, so i didn't have anything newer than that for him. He ran the #'s from those two stubs and the car was mine!:D...Only by the grace of God.

And i'm glad that he was able to send his hands into your situation to provide something that you were hoping for! Just remember to thank him, because there truly is no such thing as coincidence. Everything in this life, both GOOD and BAD, happen for a reason! EVERYTHING! So as crazy as it sounds, i'm not suprised by your story, but am thankful to him. He was probably just rewarding your good deeds from the day of the flood. Not everyone jumped in there to help others and you did! He rewards us for our good deeds, and there is no doubt in my mind that your recent positives in your life ARE those rewards!

Like i stated above, my car that was in the flood (and to most) was completely destroyed, was built by Subaru the day before i found my salvation. It was made for the new me! I believe that and there was no way that i was letting the insurance adjuster, or anyone else for that matter, tell me that the car was finished. With alot of prayers, hard work, and being blessed with amazing friends from this forum that devoted time to getting their hands dirty/bloody helping me tear everything apart to bring her back, she now runs again and is nearly back to 100%! I thank God alot for the people on here...from the dealerships that provide savings, to the participants in the events that i've hosted, to the volunteers that are always willing to lend a hand!

God has blessed me greatly by introducing me to this forum.

Pia Thao likes this.
  23. StanmoXT

StanmoXT Well-Known Member

Although my views on religion have changed since I went to church as a kid, I am still very thankful for being brought up in the church. I was in choir from k-12, did sunday school as youngin', confirmed as a young adult and was a councilor and workstaffed at the church camp in the summer (which got me to fall in love with nature and the northshore) and was involved in both the junior high and high school groups. The reason I left my church was the cooperate feeling of it and the letter i got in the mail telling me they were removing me as a member because I had not give a financial gift to the church in over a year.

24. sneefy

sneefy Well-Known Member

:facepalm:

"Sure, God welcomes you, but we don't unless you pay up."

What the crap. It's moronic stuff like that that turned me off to "religious people" for a long time.

TSTRBOY2004 likes this.
  25. tangledupinblu

Catholic or Lutheren? They are very "old-doctrine style", which i've never been drawn to. Tithing 10% to the church is a requirement of God's word, but not doing it won't get you booted from most evangelical churches. I don't label myself as a religious man, religion is a man made sherade. I do consider myself a Godly-spiritual man tho.

The main thing is your relationship with him, not your member status or who has given the most! You can't "buy" your way into heaven.

26. StanmoXT

I was brought up Luthern (Mt. Olivet Luthern Church).

27. sneefy

sneefy Well-Known Member

Not since Jesus did his thing. The 10% tithing law was one of the "Laws of Moses" which were abolished once Jesus set us free.

Now, that doesn't mean that we shouldn't give, but the 10% thing is no longer a requirement. We should give freely and joyfully if we follow the teachings of Christ, but there are no laws or requirements of what percentage or how much we must give. There is no longer a "MUST" give at all, for that matter.

This is, of course, a topic of much debate...

It is completely about the relationship.

Stanmo, don't get caught in the "churchiness" that is so common in many churches and denominations. That's not what it's about. Unfortunately, that's what is visible and turns us off to religion. I know all too well.

FAMOUS1 likes this.
  28. StanmoXT

My personal beliefs now are not just around 1 true god, I believe in higher beings. I guess I have formed a personal religion, so to speak, out of learning about the different religions around the world from Christianity, Buddhism, Mulsim, Atheism and such and have formed a guideline to life based off of my readings and conversations with others.

I will leave it at that for now, I dont want to take away from your thread. I hold great respect for people that are open about their faith with out throwing it in others faces. (fyi: i classify this thread as open with out throwing it in others faces!)

leemoreno likes this.
  29. sneefy

sneefy Well-Known Member

I know exactly what you mean. That's where I was for a long time. Please understand that I'm NOT saying that like I think that's a lesser place to be and 'my way is better'. Just saying I think I understand and can relate.

I don't think you're taking away from this thread at all. I'm also frustrated when people throw religion in someone's face. I have faith, and will gladly share to anybody that asks, but I'm not the type to go out street preaching. I think it actually hurts more than it helps. Few things frustrate me more than someone telling me what I 'need' to believe.

leemoreno likes this.
  30. tangledupinblu

I removed alot of Asbestos from there! lol

I agree with ya on the 10% is old testament stuff and also agree with the fact that it's not a "must" in this day and age, just a good # to go by if you tithe weekly. But i do know that tithing helps out the church and the world and i tend to do the 10% because my heart tells me too! In the past i've given my last 4 bucks that i had to my name and ended up receiving a "rebate" check from the IRS the following week which enabled me to actually pay my bills(praise God). And i also know that you're open to share when the opportunity presents itself. You shared with me the first time we met, and you're sharing now!;)

I really like Joel Osteen as a teacher. The fact that people are so beat down and defeated in this day and age, they don't need "religion" or us being people of faith beating down on them to add to the daily stresses of their everyday lives. We need to love and support eachother as human beings. Positive words are more effective than negative words("you've got to do this or else" type of attitude).

Oh yeah, for those that are interested...the week before the LaXCruise Joyce Meyer is coming to the Target Center! May 31st, June 1st, and June 2nd. I will be attending as i love her seminars also!:D Hope to see some of you there for a little spirit building/strengthening!

I live by, "if you want to see blessings, be a blessing!"

31. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

Religion Kills relationship builds....

Trained to be a Pastor back in Australia.. Worked as a Youth pastor for at least 10 yrs... stepped out of it to raise my own kids.. as it says.. If ya cant raise your own what right do I have to raise someone else's (paraphrased) aka get your own home in order first...

Not very active on this board much lately... But always open to chat or welcome someone to my house for a meal if they need to chill and talk

Jason Simonovich likes this.
  32. TSTRBOY2004

the interesting thing about this that most christians fail to realize is that we are called to give 100%.. nothing is ours.. it was bought by His blood... everything we have I owe to Christ... hahaha... but yes 10% is a good start.. trust me people bitch abotu tithes, but NOT once has God failed to bless my family for our faithfulness... We started doing things differently with our tithes which may ruffle some feathers, but we had a tithe of $3500 from some money we got.. My wife asked where it should go... We decided to send $1000 to Feed My Starving Children, $1000 to my Mentor who has built a Church and orphanage in Mauritius, and the rest to my other mentor who travels preaching which he waited for years to be released form my old Church to follow his dreams.... we tithe our regular income to our local Church even when we have bills... I repeat God has never failed us... I am a PT worker, my wife works PT, I do side jobs out of my home workshop and I go to school FT... We had no money for this quarters tuition (got 2 left for my CNC Machinist Degree) when I got a $4500 scholarship on top of another which has paid most of the rest of my Degree... I took on the Student workers position (Bible says the lazy dont eat, sloth doesnt work) and got paid $10/hr for the last 6mths for 18hrs a week (that was my income).... through being diligent and faithful i got recommended to a DREEEEEEAM Machinist job.. havent even got my degree and I am earning $22 /hr and once I go FT I will also get benefits... Unheard of... (most get $15/hr out of school).. all I can say is God is good... and He keeps His promises... He said if we are faithful He is faithful!!!

33. tangledupinblu

Amen brotha! My dad always taught me, "don't think of it as, you are giving 10%...think of it as God is blessing you with 90%!" I give everything when i have nothing and it NEVER fails! When i am blessed with extra, like you, i give extra! You're not restricted to giving 10%.

My dad also said to me when i asked him..."So dad, do i tithe 10% of my NET earnings, or 10% 0f my GROSS earnings?" He answered..."Do you want NET blessings, or GROSS blessings!? lol. My dad is a wise man!;)

34. turkeylord

turkeylord Well-Known Member

I like this thread too... I've always been blessed in my life and as I like to say, it must be grace because it sure as heck ain't karma. ;)

35. leemoreno

leemoreno New Member

Wow I havent been on in a while. Overwhelmed! is what I feel. This thread is such a blessing to me. I just want to agree with all of you that Living a life before God isnt about rules and regulations. Its about love and relations. You know I havent been faithfully going to any one church. Ive been bouncing around. Heck only been in MN for a year and a half. My wife and I still havent found a place we want to stay. We have 12 people living here at Home. 5 of them kids. We kinda like a little church ourselves hehe. So we give money to my missionary friend and my family since we are financialy more fortunate than them. Thats my tithing and it sure isnt set on 10%. You know I wonder, maybe God is doing something else. Maybe that time we have been thinking of investing in a church isnt exactly whats needed now. Maybe its in our family and close friends. Maybe its here with whats infront of us. You know I dont think Jesus exactly Had a list of how the church was to be organized. I think the disciples Just did (following the spirit) what worked best for them at the time. Things evolve and things change. This is where I am in life. I dont see a lot of time to invest in a church nor its people. Neither do I see my self being a leader or playing any role in the church now. I sure dont just want to go on Sunday to here someone preach then walk out. What I do see is a family with 5 kids( my sis and bro in law). They just moved here like 6 mos ago. He went from 30 and hour to 12. She has had to pick up a few shifts serving at the restaurant with my wife. so between work and kids where do they get time to do anything else??? Thats where we come in. Watch our nephews and niece while they go out and get some sanity back. Pitch em a little extra money to be able to grab some beers. Help them when their cars need new tires... etc. Not to mention my moms here and i want to spend all my time with her since i havent seen her in almost 2 yrs. Actually im bout to shut up and go do that now. Peace out yall God Bless and stay in his Spirit

36. leemoreno

leemoreno New Member

Jesus aked the pharisees(matthew 12:10) on the sabbath if they would help their sheep out of a hole if it fell in... Well.... exactly. So isnt it better to do Good than to conform to a rule? Skip out on church to help your neighbor move to a new home? Step on a few toes while standing up for whats right??? Did Jesus come to do away with the law?... No I would say he came to show us what the law really meant. To fulfill it. Matthew 5:17

37. TSTRBOY2004

I just came in to post that EXACT video right now

38. tangledupinblu

Never seen that video, thanks for sharing it with us! That's the truth!

Matthew 15:14-Jesus spoke about the Pharisees..."Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch."

Matthew 21:12-13 And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the money-changers, and the seats of them that sold doves, and said unto them, "It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves."

The New Testament of Jesus was to show those that lived by the law of the old testament that they were not above/greater than God or his children. The scribes and pharisees thought that they were intitled to do most anything that they wanted, but preached to the people that they were not allowed to do the same. "We can eat on Sunday...but not you."

39. tangledupinblu

Saturday bump.:) Today is the day that the Lord hath made, I will rejoice and be exceedingly glad! I hope that everyone has a great weekend!

I forgot to post it up earlier, but if anyone has "Prayer Requests" -(need a new job, sick family members or friends, suffering from depression, or anything else of the sorts), post it in here and those of us which believe in the power of prayer will add you to our prayers! Sincere prayers can move mountains, so they can definitely help you and your loved ones also.

I know Sheen, it works for Tim Tebow! lol.

40. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

Lol if it works for your brother from another mother Tim, itll work for all of us!

Ill put in a prayer request for you my man. I know youve been going through some trying times lately. I hope things continue to improve for you and you bust through this funk. If you find the time, Id much appreciate some thoughts and prayers go out to my mother as well. She was diagnosed with breast cancer a few weeks ago and is undergoing several exams and treatments.

41. TSTRBOY2004

^^^ our good friend who is 30 just had both boobs lopped off due to cancer.... her story is amazing...

42. tangledupinblu

Sorry to hear that mang. But you got it mang, i'll be praying for her and i'll pass it along to the prayer chains that i'm involved with also!

Thank you and i'm getting better and stronger everyday!:D Helped 5th get a ton of supplies and art moved from the old gallery to the new gallery today. It's been a long time since i've hurt this bad...i don't think that i'm hurting as bad as Tebow is right now though!lullz. Shouldn't have any troubles getting some shuteye tonight!

And Nathan, sure is good to see you around here a bit more again brotha! Bleed rumbles, lol.

43. 02subbieRS

02subbieRS Well-Known Member

Hey guys. I would really appreciate it if you could add me into your prayer lists this week. I have an interview at Bosch on Friday for an internship. If I was able to get it, I'd be able to leave my current job which has been brutal ever since I started. Thank you all so much and once again, this thread is FULL of win :) God bless!

44. tangledupinblu

Done! Just remember, if it isn't God's will, you won't get the job because he has something even better in store for ya. But that being said, if it is, you will!;)

As far as the "brutal" job is concerned...
    2 Corinthians 3:17-For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of Glory.

Faith is not thinking that God can, it's knowing that He will! Keep yo head up!:D

45. pksublime

pksublime Well-Known Member

What a great thread to see after my hiatus.

Lee, thanks for the video - loved it.

Prayer requests up to here - check.