God lives in this thread!*If you don't care for Him,don't open it!*;)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by tangledupinblu, Jan 5, 2012.

1. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

I run the Junior Youth Group in my church and had a friend preach a few weeks back.. my 11 yr old son committed his heart to the Lord on his own volition... I have never pressed my kids to do it as they are young and all need to get to that point on their own decision.. just like baptism... (which is next I pray)

Ntxhuav_Khang and tangledupinblu like this.
  2. wagonsrumble

wagonsrumble Member

Thats awesome!!

3. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Awesome Nathan! We really need to do that dinner night soon!!

TSTRBOY2004 likes this.
  4. tangledupinblu

BUMP! phi11 helped me out with some vinyls so that i can represent. :)

image.jpg
    image.jpg

Attached Files:

Ntxhuav_Khang and silver03 like this.
  5. sneefy

sneefy Well-Known Member

Dude! That's fantastic.
    We just dedicated our new little 10 month old. I look forward to the day that she makes that decision.

tangledupinblu likes this.
  6. smoothgangsta

smoothgangsta Well-Known Member

Just ran across this thread, very happy to see other fellow Christ followers alive and well sharing a common interest and passion for Lord and Subaru's.

:thumbup:

Where abouts are you guys from in the cities?
    What type of Subaru do you own?
    Are you guys active or interested in getting together for cars and fellowship?

Myself - Forest lake area, 2015 STi Ltd., wife, myself and 3 kids are actively serving in our home church.

7. smoothgangsta

That's fantastic! What great news! Our job as parents is to guide and direct which is why we dedicate our kids and train them up.

Proverbs 22:6 (NIV) -
    Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.

Ephesians 6:4 (NIV) -
    Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.

We plant by bringing the good news, and God is the only one whom lifts the veil, reveals and saves, this takes the pressure off of us, nobody can be forced to believe.

Romans 10:14 (NIV)
    How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?

Matthew 16:15-17 (NIV)
    Jesus words to Peter -
    But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?” Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ,*[Or Messiah; the Son of the living God.” Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven.

Ntxhuav_Khang likes this.
  8. tangledupinblu

Welcome aboard!!

1-North St Paul
    2- image.jpg
    And
    image.jpg
    3-I'm always interested in a God/car get together! We did all meet up at Eagle Brook in Lino quite a while back, but nothing recent.

Myself, my wife, and our 8 month old daughter. We go to Woodland Hills church in Maplewood.

-Josh

9. smoothgangsta

Josh, I grew up off McKnight Rd., alot of my family is from the East side. I just rode down there the other day after Church with my son on the Ducati 1198s to hang out at the Hidden Treasures Retro arcade off 7th Street.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  10. tangledupinblu

Nice! I'm on South Ave just west of McKnight a few houses. It's the only duplex on the street there.

I love it here in NSP! We've been here for about 2 years and enjoy the small town feel. And of course we love Friday night hotrods!!

I just noticed the retro arcade today when I was driving down 7th! How was it?

11. silver03

silver03 Well-Known Member

Andover. Living Word Christian Center BPark. I lead the carcare and faith based job search ministries there. welcome! Twitter @fbjshope

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  12. wagonsrumble

wagonsrumble Member

1 Im in Ham Lake
    2 02 wrx wagon plasti dipped hood
    3 Yea id be down for any fellowship that involves cars
    I go to Eagle Brook in Blaine Saturday nights at 6 if anyone is interested on going to church Saturday night. I work 9-5 Sundays so I cant go then.

13. smoothgangsta

Was a blast, they have 40 arcade machines...in the front there is a dozen+ or so, then you walk out back by the salon and they have another building with about 30. Most are from the 80s, few from the 90s. They have some cocktail table ones and several that need some restoration. When I went it was $5 a person all you can play, I spoke to the owner for a few minutes and he thinks they will at least be doing that once a month if not every Sunday from Noon-8pm.

I use MAME on my PC at home and play quite a few games with my two oldest. Joust, Cabal, Toobin', Paperboy, Asteroids, Missile Command, etc., all the stuff I grew up with when I was younger. I was pleasantly surprised to see Cabal there since Ryan and I have been playing that quite a bit on MAME for the PC.

The kids have a blast with the older games especially Joust...plus it's good time to help wind down. Heck I even pull up the Apple emulator and play Star Blazer, Amazon, or even some of the OLD MECC games from the 70s like Odell Lake and the original Oregon Trail with the kids, pretty fun to play that stuff again.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  14. smoothgangsta

Mac Hammond's place over there? Nice. What is the carcare ministry all about?

15. silver03

Yup, Macs place. CarCare meets the third Saturday of every month at a full service shop in Brooklyn Park. It is a group of ~10 guys (techs, body guys, hacks) that repair cars and trucks for single moms and seniors with limited means. A lot of fun...some Saturdays, a lot of work!

Ntxhuav_Khang likes this.
  16. tangledupinblu

Agree on all accounts!!

Are they still doing the Monday night "Healing Group" Rick? I miss seeing you at church/carcare/your place! When is the next steak night and what time should we be there? ;)

silver03 likes this.
  17. TSTRBOY2004

saw someone else posted.. got the wrong church.. thought it was Randy Morrisons church (used to be his church)

18. TSTRBOY2004

I got my kids into C&C Generals hahaha

19. smoothgangsta

anyone doing the tuesday meet tomorrow?

20. wagonsrumble

wagonsrumble Member

I wish I could but I have to work till 9. Ive been trying to get a Friday meet going in the north metro but I havent had any takers which sucks cause its fn meeting all you guys

21. tangledupinblu

Possibly! Waiting to see if the wife is switching bible study night to Wednesday or not. If she does, then i could probably make it tomorrow. If she doesn't, i'll be hanging with my mini mnsubaru member.
    image.jpg

silver03 likes this.
  22. smoothgangsta

I am a taker for Friday night meet so count me in. I am game for tomorrow also or can do mext tursday if that works out better.

23. wagonsrumble

wagonsrumble Member

Alright I should be free Friday night as far as I know for now. Lets take this convo over to that thread and we can chat there so we arent taking up board space in this thread

24. tangledupinblu

Hope that everyone had a great weekend!!

25. Legsaucy

Legsaucy Well-Known Member

I'd heard about this a while back. I've been doing a program to help people with safety related repairs but I'd be interested in volunteering for this as well, where can I find info?

26. wagonsrumble

wagonsrumble Member

Id also be interested in doing that even tho Im not a tech or anything but I do know my way around cars.

27. tangledupinblu

They have been meeting every 3rd Saturday of the month at Victory in Brooklyn Park forever now!

PM Rick(silver03) for full details! :)

Before the wife, house, and baby, I used to help them out over there. Awesome guys and a blessing to be able to bless others! Highly recommend it if you like wrenching!!

silver03 likes this.
  28. silver03

Thanks for the props Josh! Oh yes, the things Josh used to do as a young man...;)

29. tangledupinblu

It feels sooo long ago! It's crazy how quickly we can become old. Lolol. Good thing that being a child of God keeps us feeling young inside!! :D

silver03 likes this.
  30. smoothgangsta

Man, somedays though...with 3 kids, I feel pretty dang old and tired! ;)

31. tangledupinblu

No doubt! I really miss being able to volunteer like i used to. Just a new season that I'm working through in life and i AM making an attempt to squeeze some volunteering in here in the near future!

Hoping to start small with a few occasional opportunities(with our house church), and then moving to a larger position. The larger position will be a mentoring program for young adults in the 18-26 age range. I've been blessed through alot of different things in my life, including some pretty difficult ones, and look forward to being able to use those as a testimony/motivator for others.

32. smoothgangsta

All you peeps already got plans for tonight?

33. TSTRBOY2004

only 3... hehe... I am old and I have 4...
    2014-10-18 23.44.47.jpg

34. silver03

"Mentoring young adults in the 18-26 age range"...Come practice on my three ;) @tangledupinblu

35. tangledupinblu

I agree with both of those statements!
    I'm down!

Our church has a large amount of people on a waiting list and not enough mentors. :( I'm hoping that i can help out a little with that.

Are you at LW this coming Monday night? I can't remember which Monday that you're there for FBJS?

TSTRBOY2004 likes this.
  36. smoothgangsta

Anymore than 3 I would be in the poor house. We were dishing out 20k a year for daycare when the 2 oldest were younger. We talked about 4, but I wasn't gonna take that kinda hit financially, especially cause my wife makes good money and it was cost prohibitive for her to stay home, plus by the time my youngest is out of the house, I will be almost 60. Plus I am tired of diapers at this point and sleepless evenings with a newborn.

Any more than 3 I cannot drive the wife and kids in the STi...;)

37. TSTRBOY2004

Well we homeschool... so daycare isnt an issue... hahaha yeah we sacrifice the 'toys' but I have kids I wouldnt swap for worldly stuff...

I say my life is enriched with my kids... heck reality is I get to buy toys I want for them.. and use them haha

38. silver03

Next FBJS 9/14..."Driving out Fear"!

39. tangledupinblu

Man, that's a ways out yet! I was hoping to come next Monday to say hello to my peeps next door to you. Maybe i'll just have to wait, or try to swing by both Mondays!?

40. tangledupinblu

This is overdue for a bump!

Had a great Holy Spirit moment this morning on my way to work. It's one of my favorite parts of the day! Worship music+driving the Subaru with the sun coming up and a hot cup of coffee! Oh yeah!

So this mornings flavor, yet again, was Jesus Culture!

Kim Walker says in the middle of the song, "i don't want to talk about You, like You're not in the room. I just want to look right at You, i want to sing right to You".

It is so powerful because alot of times we do live our lives like He's available, but not right there with us. But He is ALWAYS right there with us! He is a part of us and is ALWAYS present!

That is something to celebrate!

Lord thank You for that beautiful image this morning. Let Your glorious light shine out of us with every word that we speak and in every interaction that we have with others.

-God bless!

41. tangledupinblu

And FWIW, Grace is getting big! :)
    image.jpg

smoothgangsta and silver03 like this.
  42. smoothgangsta

Enjoy it, the time moves by so quickly...
    Psalm 127:3 - Children are a gift from the LORD; they are a reward from him.

43. sneefy

sneefy Well-Known Member

Hit a large buck last night, likely totaling our brand new 2015 Forester. But we're all fine, including our little one year old. She was a trooper.
    God is good! Thanks and praise to Him for keeping us safe!

silver03 and tangledupinblu like this.
  44. silver03

45. smoothgangsta

Glad you are all doing well, the car can be replaced at any time, people cannot.
    :)