God lives in this thread!*If you don't care for Him,don't open it!*;)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by tangledupinblu, Jan 5, 2012.

1. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Was heavy in worship on my way to work today and this song came on.

God shared with me an image of the hurting hearts all around us. People that are judged by others for how they look, for their shortcomings, and many for their imperfections. You are perfect and are an image of the Father Himself and those that stare, point, or laugh at you are doing so with no authority over you.

Only God has the authority to judge us, so remember that whenever you feel judged by man. And if you've made mistakes, they are forgiven. You are free in Christ Jesus!

My favorite part of this song relates to me so strongly...
    "So many times I've lost my step, but never lost my way".

I make mistakes all of the time, but stay focused in on who i am and what i look like in the Creators eyes. And that is perfect and pleasing to Him. God bless!

Enjoy!

silver03 likes this.
  2. smoothgangsta

smoothgangsta Well-Known Member

Hmmm....I am not even sure if that song is talking about a believer, non-believer, or both. I love Third Day, but I am not sure exactly what group of people he is speaking in regards to. Regardless, we (i.e. a Christ follower) are given authority to judge right and wrong, good and evil, we are to be discerning, we are commanded to do so, especially of the world. But far be it from me to ever condemn someone to Hell, nobody is beyond the reach of Jesus Christ and His forgiveness. As believers, we are told to confront each other with love and grace and to point out issues or concerns as long as we are not being hypocritical in order to restore each other and bring healing. Jesus told us to be 'salt' and 'light' to a dying world and to those around us and that many would hate us because of Him.

Many of the things that cause pain (in my own life and others) are self inflicted because of our sinfulness and our own disobedience, it's good to have other believers point these things out in love and to be a check and balance in our lives to keep us accountable, but nobody likes a hypocrite.

Many self-professing "Christians" (a term which I use loosely because everyone says they are one), do this (judge others) knowingly or unknowingly because they themselves don't understand that our identity is not found in the world or things of this world but ONLY through Jesus alone.

1 Timothy 6:10 - For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

This is what happens when you find your identity in anything other that Jesus Christ, or if you judge someone's self worth by their looks or what they have.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
    tangledupinblu likes this.
  3. tangledupinblu

Well said! I am referring more to being told you're not good enough, good looking enough, smart enough...etc. But also that we all make mistakes. And we should embrace and acknowledge them and try to draw closer to God through those shortcomings.

I am a firm believer in having the people that are close to me, to be honest and hold me accountable for the things that i am and the things that i am not doing. But without discerment and delivering those things with the love of God backing them up, it becomes our own opinions and judgement on others.

Discerment is the key ingredient "missing". Instead of sharing being beneficial and loving, it becomes very degrading and painful.

Hypocrites make our mission of sharing God's love and His Word much more difficult!

4. smoothgangsta

Agreed! +1

5. tangledupinblu

^And what i really get from that song is that we should focus on our own actions and lives and put forth the effort to follow God in our own lives. We SHOULD hold each other accountable no doubt, but there are also times in life where i have been in a personal growing experience with God and Him and i are working it out together. And sometimes in those instances people voice opinions which are damaging and hurtful because they "thought" that they should say something but didn't take it to God first before they brought it to me.

We should seek Gods voice and words BEFORE we take our ideas/thoughts/opinions to others. Otherwise, we could damage those that we intend to heal/help. Discerment is so very important...more churches should spend more time teaching it to their churches. It is the only true way that we can deliver Gods Word because when we discern an issue, then God is IN it!

6. silver03

silver03 Well-Known Member

Bob Marley truly understands the meaning of rich.

7. silver03

Merry Christmas guys n gals! It all began here...

EricS likes this.
  8. tangledupinblu

Amen! Merry Christmas brother!

9. tangledupinblu

This is deserving of being shared! Great remake of a great song that was re-written to celebrate Christs' birth!

Enjoy!

silver03 likes this.
  10. Jason Simonovich

Jason Simonovich Member

this thread is sick!! glad to see you guys do your thing! Ive been a follower all my life! Now I help out with the youth ministry over at Emmanuel christian center!

cool stuff guys!

tangledupinblu and silver03 like this.
  11. tangledupinblu

That's awesome Jason! My buddy Jordan goes to church there as well! :thumbup:

Jason Simonovich likes this.
  12. smoothgangsta

Merry Christmas also.... (belated), and Happy New Year to all of you!

silver03 and tangledupinblu like this.
  13. tangledupinblu

This thread needs a bump!

Since becoming a dad...i see God and His love in my daughter. :)

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

TSTRBOY2004 likes this.
  14. silver03

Adorable! I see God and his love in a little sister for her too ;)

15. tangledupinblu

Just closed on our house yesterday! We have room for another! :D

TSTRBOY2004 likes this.
  16. smoothgangsta

Haven't been on the forum for a little bit, glad to see this is still moving along! :)

Congrats on your house.

17. tangledupinblu

Thank you! It's starting to really feel like home!

18. tangledupinblu

Bumping this thread for my buddy Joe Seiter. Him and his girlfriend Barb have been going through a really tough situation for around 6 months. Things have been getting tougher for them instead of easier.

I just ask that all of my brothers and sisters of God on here would lift up their names in prayer to help their situation. Our God is an amazing God and can accomplish things that we can't even fathom! And if you have a few dollars that you have been blessed with that could help them out with, please do!
    https://www.gofundme.com/qrs7vnve?u..._content=campaign_link_t&utm_campaign=welcome

**Father, i will praise you, even in the storms of life when all things appear to be against me. We will praise You when we are up, down, and every space in between because You are our provider, our healer, our strength, and the Love of this place. We thank You for the movement that is going to continually grow in Joe and Barbs lives, and on this forum.

We never want to live a day without You! In Jesus Holy name, Amen!**

God bless! -Josh

Edit: some good reading!
    Romans 8:35-39
    image.png
    image.png
    image.png

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  19. silver03

Amen...we've all been there, and all made it thru. You will too Joe and others will be blessed by your testimony.

20. wagonsrumble

wagonsrumble Member

Just a random post but Ive found another christian radio station thats not in stereo but they have a lot of up and coming artists and some that have been around for a while too. The station is 92.9. Their website is http://www.air1.com/ if anyone wants to take a look at it. Not really my style of music but they have a couple bands that I like on there

tangledupinblu and silver03 like this.
  21. tangledupinblu

Happy Resurrection Day!!
    image.jpeg

22. tangledupinblu

Any tailgaters on here? Lol
    image.jpeg

Ntxhuav_Khang and silver03 like this.
  23. silver03

I saw this and realize I am harder on myself than He ever will be, thankfully. I do wonder if at times though He doesn't have those, "I can't believe you just did that moment."

Attached Files:

24. tangledupinblu

^hahaha!!

"He forgives you...but still." Lololol

25. tangledupinblu

It's been too long! This one gets me every time!

26. tangledupinblu

Happy Fathers day bump for the Father of fathers!

And to all of you daddy's/fathers on here, HAPPY FATHERS DAY!:frantic::D

silver03 likes this.
  27. tangledupinblu

Also wanted to share a 'God moment' that we experienced with our daughter with you.

We pray with our daughter, who is now a year and a half, before dinner and at bedtime. Last week we sat down to eat dinner and Grace reached for my wife and my hands to pray before we ate. It was an awesome moment as a parent!!!

And she loves cars...
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

28. tangledupinblu

Bump for God! I was very appreciative to Him that we all made it safely to LaCrosse considering the "what could have beens" with all of that rain!

Thank You Lord!

wagonsrumble and silver03 like this.
  29. silver03

Amen! I thanked Him for that very thing as well.

30. Takalak

Takalak Well-Known Member

Pretty sweet this thread exists, alive, and still kickin.

31. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

32. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

I know some other youth workeres.. we should get together... I dont come back on here much.. been about 6mths.. but would love to host some believers and gun guys at my place haha

33. silver03

I am both of those!

34. wagonsrumble

wagonsrumble Member

I'd be happy to go whenever you have it to meet other believers on the forum

35. tangledupinblu

Summer shindig at Nathans!? I like this idea!

36. tangledupinblu

Busy dad is busy bump! God is so good and His people sing it out loud!

Chris Quilala's new album! Can't get it out of my head. :)

37. tangledupinblu

Bump this up! Happy Friday everyone!

I have been a fan of hip hop for many years and appreciate lyricists that can deliver a message in their songs. Usually they are politically motivated lyrics. But it is refreshing to be able to experience that same ability while delivering a completely different message, like Gods Word and the emotions that we have as broken human beings to a track. Spoiler alert:he has a very secular sound and many would argue whether this would really be consider "Christian" because of the lack of reference to God, or joy for that matter. But what NF delivers is real emotion from a man that was broken in one of the worst ways, the loss of his mother when he was young to prescription pills.

Well NF is basically a lyricist that could go toe to toe with performers like Eminem while delivering a message that has deeper meaning! So hopefully you enjoy these and have a blessed day and weekend!!

Love it or hate it, here it is!

Silky21L likes this.
  38. silver03

New favorite Christmas song!

39. sneefy

sneefy Well-Known Member

Finally delivered the photo contest swag to the winners. While chatting in the parking lot, Josh shared his testimony with me. A great story of the Lord streaming positivity into Josh's life. The conversation was a great reminder of the fact that being a believer is not easy. It's hard work living for Him and takes diligence. His children are no different from anybody else in that we all have challenges to face, some that seem insurmountable. But, the strength to get through is there if we ask Him for it. Thanks for sharing with me Josh!

40. tangledupinblu

Preach it brother! It was a pleasure sharing(with exception to the frozen toes-which have ALMOST thawed out, lol).

It's crazy when i reflect on where i am now compared to the last time we met up. When God moves, it's hard to miss!!

41. tangledupinblu

My New Year jam. Posted an acoustic version above and it's still impacting me! Just ordered his album a few minutes ago online, can't wait to get it in the car for my daily commute!

silver03 likes this.
  42. tangledupinblu

^I've had it in the car since i got it and love it! Chris is a great song writer and this one is no exception.

***Bumping this up for the married couples, and the single people too!

I've been reading this 14 day devotional and it is helping to unveil some new things for me that I think can apply to marriages and our relationships with other people as well! Check it out if you feel led to do so. I usually don't share these things, but this one is just too good!!

http://bible.com/r/KF

-Josh

43. Marvin D.

Marvin D. New Member

Well I don't know if I fit to much into this thread but I'm Christian and me an my wife got married at a catholic church and it was such a great feeling getting married in front of god I could feel him there that day looking down on both of us. Even though I'm new to the club and forms its great to know that so many ppl believe in god even with all the bad things going on can't wait to meet you all.

44. tangledupinblu

Welcome! You definitely fit in here and thanks for sharing your "wedding testimony"!

Glad to see that you're joining the cruise my friend!:D

-Josh

45. Marvin D.

Marvin D. New Member

thanks I can't wait sounds like a lot of fun!