God lives in this thread!*If you don't care for Him,don't open it!*;)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by tangledupinblu, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Silky21L

Silky21L Well-Known Member

You're on fire for the Lord Josh! It's inspiring! Have any of you heard about twin Cities creation science? Once a month they have speakers in to do presentations at University of Northwestern. It can be a real hit or miss, but it shows you that the whole science vs religion idea is a joke. There is an endless amount of evidence supporting so many God supporting theories. Makes me feel like public school did a better job getting my views to conform, than to actually educate.

tangledupinblu likes this.
  2. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Religion and science can coexist together! I've seen documentaries where they use science to prove the existence of God and the Bible.

I haven't been to any of those at Northwestern, but i'm a fan of KTIS! Haha

3. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

just went and watched a new movie in theater with the youth group I run... cant remember the name.. Genesis and creation or something.. very good

Silky21L likes this.
  4. tangledupinblu

5. tangledupinblu

Faith refresher bump!

This story blew me away and gave me a faith booster that i was needing. Please watch the story and follow it up with the song...abundant blessings of faith, hope, and perspective!

Marky's Story...

Resurrecting-Elevation Worship...

Great song with Easter coming up also! Enjoy, and please share your thoughts . :)

pksublime likes this.
  6. tangledupinblu

Baby bump...:D

Seeking some prayers. This week or next, our little baby girl will be here and our family will officially have a fourth member!!

Could really use some prayers over peace, anxiety, fatigue, and the birth itself. So if you have a second, please add my wife Vanessa and I to your prayers! Almost forgot our 2 year old Grace, some prayers for the transition of a little sister coming and understanding about "mommy sharing". lol

Thanks guys/gals!
    -Josh

pksublime and silver03 like this.
  7. wagonsrumble

wagonsrumble Member

I didnt know you guys were pregnant again congrats! And if anyone is intersested, there is a car show at eaglebrook churchs white bear lake campus on June 17th and my parents church is having their annual car show on July 29th. Lmk if anyone of you want more info on either car show

8. tangledupinblu

Baby bump.

Prayers have been answered! Our baby girl was born today at 1:54pm...everything went beyond smooth and the midwives were astonished. :D Two pushes and she was out...start to finish was 4hrs!!

We're back home now and adjusting to the larger family! :) Thanks for the prayers!!
    IMG_9003.JPG

Sid08, TSTRBOY2004, MN_XV_712 and 2 others like this.
  9. housemusic1

housemusic1 Well-Known Member

Wow, I remember those days. Congrats. I just put my 15yr old & 12yr old daughters on a plane for Houston last night. They're spending a month with the grandparents in Texas, and it will be the longest they've ever been away from mom & dad. I think I've already checked in on them about 15 times since they've left. I almost feel lost without them here to destroy the house, and eat everything in sight. Elevation is a great church, excellent ministry. Furdick is one of my favorites. I'll pray for peace at your house, and restful nights sleep!!!

10. tangledupinblu

Thank you and thank you!

I'll be praying for safety for their trip and i'll return the favor with the "peace at your house" for you two as well!:thumbup:

housemusic1 likes this.
  11. tangledupinblu

After a few days at home and both baby and momma are doing great! God is so good!!

Thanks for the prayers!
    IMG_9015.JPG IMG_9017.JPG

Sid08, housemusic1 and silver03 like this.
  12. housemusic1

Happy Sunday brother!

13. tangledupinblu

So life has been "busy:rolleyes:" and this thread has not gotten the attention that it deserves!(from me)

So get out your reading glasses...here we go!

Testimony V2.0:
    2011/2012 were tough years for me and i am incredibly and forever grateful to Sheen, Dave, Brett, and others that helped me ressurect 'Blu' back from the dead when she flooded in the summer of 2011. It had a brand new "hybrid 2.0/2.5L" motor with under 10k miles on it...
    IMG_4726.JPG
    It's amazing how members of this family step up at any given time to help those in need! Thank you guys for being you and being awesome!

Well after that huge overcoming, i was faced with the most difficult hurdle that i've ever faced in my life, acute PTSD. It is hard to really express how difficult it is without someone else experiencing it, but you LITERALLY become a prisoner inside of your own mind. It is absolutely terrifying and you truly feel like the only way out of the situation is to take your own life, i am so serious...the feeling of absolute and utter helplessness. **Lord i thank you for the men and women that serve this country and end up plagued by this hell and we pray for Your healing over their lives and wholeness in their Spirits** It is such a consuming debilitation and no one deserves to go through it.

I, on the other hand, was in a work related accident that left a coworker permanently disabled in the fall of 2012. We had about a 1000 lbs of lumber dropped on us from two stories up by 3 of our coworkers. I was fortunate to not be directly hit as i did not have a hard hat on. My coworker was very fortunate to have his hard hat on, as he took a direct blow to the head and it saved his life!

Over the next several days I started to suffer from severe panic attacks which felt, to me, like heart attacks(i had no idea what was really going on with me). Frequent trips to the emergency rooms led to huge medical bills and no answers. Eventually a Dr. referred me to the Head of Neurology at the UofM Fairview clinic. It was there that i was admitted and was later diagnosed with severe/acute PTSD.

For the next 4 or 5 months I lived in fear, hidden away in my home from the world. Having panic attacks a couple of times a day that would leave me crippled on the floor crying for a resolution. It was MISERABLE. The Dr. told me that "a switch had been flipped in my brain during the accident, and that i had to flip it off somehow." Yeah, good luck with tackling that one!

I couldn't sleep or eat and started living off of Ensure shakes to try to keep some form of nutrition going in. Benzodiazepines really did nothing but cause other problems with their side effects. But I tried them all despite the fact and also because the Doctors said that they would help.

One afternoon i was laying on the couch crying during a panic attack and begging for an answer and the sentence "you need to go to church" entered my mind. "He" was dropping a hint at my light switch situation! It was a Wednesday night, so I reluctantly crawled into the car and made my way across the cities to Living Word Church for their Wednesday night service. Mind you that since the accident, i got car sick quite easily and i had just stopped riding in/driving in vehicles all together. I sat down in the front row right in front of Pastor Hammond, feeling like i was going to throw up on his shoes from the high anxiety levels that i was trying to cope with after going from my "oasis of safety" in my own home, to a room with hundreds of people in it.:depressed: But I persevered and made it through the service, which led to me being invited to a thing called Healing School on Monday nights(i must have made a big impression down there in the first row that night, lol).

That next Monday i pulled myself out of the apartment and made the trek back to LWC for Healing School. I would have buckled from the panic attack that was creeping in if an older gentlemen named Tom wouldn't have invited me to sit next to him. He gave me a level of comfort that made it bearable to be in the room with about 30 people that I didn't know. Needless to say...it was miraculous, amazing, unexplainable, and overwhelming when I received full healing that night from Panic Attacks. The thing that made me invite death because I felt that i had no other way out was now gone...completely gone! To quote Elevation Worship..."The resurrected King was resurrecting me!" That was in the winter of 2012. For the next year I dedicated my Mondays after work to being the "sound producer" for the Healing School at LWC. I just wanted to give back to the place that ushered a safe place for me to reignite my relationship with God, which ultimately pulled me out of the darkest months of my life!

In that time, i met my amazing wife and covenant partner Vanessa(partially because of a member on here, @subie dave :) ). Just over a year later we were married and within 2 months of that we closed on our first home, a duplex in North St Paul. In a few short months from our closing we found out that we were pregnant with our little sweetie Grace! This is her at her 2nd LaXCruise camping trip! Her 1st camping trip was to the LaXCruise in 2015 at 8 months old, hahaha!
    IMG_9141.JPG
    And 12 months later we closed on our second house(single family home in Maplewood-less than a mile from our duplex and church) and started renting out our first home(the duplex). Well with the market so hot, we sold our duplex for an unbelievable amount more than we paid for it and a month later, on June 21st of this year, we had our second little girl! Olivia Ann(hasn't attended a LaXCruise yet, lol)
    IMG_9148.JPG

I share all of these things with you because when I reflect back on where i was just 5 years ago, without God it is not even fathomable that i would be where i am now! From wishing for my own death, to being filled with overwhelming Joy from an incredible Savior, and blessed with so much more than i have ever dreamed of!

I am so grateful that He never left me in that time. And i am even more grateful and excited to live for Him and bring that Joy to others around me now!

By my faith and obedience to that sentence that He spoke over me that afternoon, i was healed! And i am forever grateful for the abundance of amazing blessings that have followed in the wake of that unforgettable moment in my life. Lord i praise You and only You! Only You could take such an ugly experience and turn it into such a powerful turning point and positive moment in my life!!!

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to read about my testimony! :) My wish is that it can help others and bring hope to them in whatever they are going through right now. God is good, His Kingdom is here on Earth within us, and He never turns His back on any of us, EVER! The fact is, we turn our backs on Him. But we can change that!

-Josh

Sid08, Silky21L, TSTRBOY2004 and 2 others like this.
  14. 02subbieRS

02subbieRS Well-Known Member

God is good man. God is good!

tangledupinblu and silver03 like this.
  15. housemusic1

That's an awesome testimony. I was at LWCC for 15 years, and made a lot good friends there. Its one of the best teaching churches in the country.

16. tangledupinblu

Where do you attend now?

17. housemusic1

Passion. We meet at the Maple Grove High School, and we just recently launched a 2nd campus, in Fridley.

18. silver03

silver03 Well-Known Member

Chances are we might recognize or even know each other as we have been going to LWCC since 1992.-Rick

19. housemusic1

I was in the ambassador ministry for many years, and also did executive protection. My wife was a Little Church leader for quite a few years.

20. TSTRBOY2004

really slacked on this... Ill have to see when I have a saturday afternoon open

21. silver03

A shindig somewhere...it could even be at my house (Andover). This group needs to meet.

22. 02subbieRS

I could be down for this. Not too far for me from Zimmerman :)

23. tangledupinblu

I'd recommend Nathan's for the outdoor fun factor! You'll need to put some miles on that swap anyways. ;)

24. 02subbieRS

Never opposed to putting some fun miles on a project :) What kind of outdoor fun are we talking here? ;)

25. tangledupinblu

All of the outdoor funs!

That and it would be fun to see the shop and the "project car".

26. housemusic1

I'm always game for stuff. Let me know!

27. TSTRBOY2004

Ill see when I have open time.. most weekends I am busy thru summer...

28. silver03

Heavenly father we come to you in the mighty name of Jesus asking for a wonderful and safe time on the cruise. We ask for your angels to go in front behind and around every car that participates that there will be no car problems, accidents, biblical rain storms, unnecessary construction delays, road rage, illness, pet or kid trouble. We thank you for making these cars blessings in our lives and remembering that all good things come from you. And all the Subaru brothers said...Amen!

29. sneefy

sneefy Well-Known Member

Amen! Have a good time!

30. housemusic1

tenor.gif

31. tangledupinblu

IMG_0075.JPG

Getting excited!

Krazylegz1485 likes this.
  32. silver03

Did you know this about our beloved Subaru logo? Came across this in my bible time this morning. If you ever need to even attempt to get an idea of the power and wisdom of God read Job 38 & 39. It is awe inspiring.

"Can you catch the eye of the beautiful Pleiades sisters, or distract Orion from his hunt?" Job 38:31-Message translation

"Can you bind the chains of the Pleiades? Can you loosen Orion's belt?" Job 38:31-NIV

33. TSTRBOY2004

Josh.. we need to get together my man... bring your family down and lets grill before it gets cold... call me.. same number Ive had for years...

34. tangledupinblu

You sure did call that one brother! lol. Was just reading back through some of this thread and caught that one.:)

I see God in Olivia as well! Her name means Peace, and it truly fits her. She is so joyful and peaceful...really increases our gratefulness towards God for blessing us with two amazing little girls!!
    315E71EB-901C-4A32-BED7-3F758DA4E55E.jpeg

35. silver03

Happy Birthday Savior!

tangledupinblu and sneefy like this.
  36. 02subbieRS

Happy birthday and a Merry Christmas to you all! May you be blessed and allow that blessing to stay with you for the next year!

tangledupinblu and silver03 like this.
  37. tangledupinblu

Merry Christmas to all of you! Grace made a birthday cake for Jesus with grandma today!:D
    06B38414-8FF5-46AF-B7A6-45FCAE46D0DF.jpeg
    Olivia liked opening presents!
    4EA16DED-2413-4A13-94A5-17D6ED8D9371.jpeg

38. tangledupinblu

Quick heads up to anyone interested in Revival Services!

Doug Stanton is a revival minister that is teaching about growth in faith and healing. Alot of powerful stuff going on and Doug’s messages are fantastic every night! We are on night 65 with no end in sight!

Services are from 7pm-10/11/12-ish depending on how things are moving. Every night!

**To experience it live and in person!
    Josiah Center
    1600 Gervais Ave.
    Maplewood, MN. 55109

**To livestream on Facebook...go to DSMI’s page and go to videos. Click on live stream.
    Doug Stanton Ministries International - DSMI

**To watch on YouTube...go to Josiah Center’s YouTube channel and you’ll see “Revival” on the videos from the meetings.
    Example:night 54

I’ve been super blessed through these night meetings and hope that some of you check it out too!

-Josh

39. TSTRBOY2004

fun.. gun range, pitbike track and a workshop

and a project car to tinker with though it better be on the road by the time we could do any fun things...

jentzen2.jpg 10635855_10152801739501907_1942142985305561984_n.jpg 23659421_10155218114502921_2868314335685159915_n.jpg

40. housemusic1

I've been starting my mornings with this. Just thought I would share:

41. tangledupinblu

I dig Toby Mac. Amazing how long that he’s been performing! I have a dance mix on YouTube for my 3 year old, like 7 of the 12 tracks are TM. :)

My every morning jam is Micah tyler right now. God has really been moving me in a new direction! And we are all called to be “different”!

42. housemusic1

I go back to his DC Talk days!

43. tangledupinblu

Me as well! Hahaha

44. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

Long story short, a buddy and I "got" an 8' tall Toby Mac beach ball from his show at Sonshine many moons ago. I'll see if I can find some pics.

02subbieRS and tangledupinblu like this.
  45. tangledupinblu

Hahaha!