God lives in this thread!*If you don't care for Him,don't open it!*;)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by tangledupinblu, Jan 5, 2012.

1. 02subbieRS

02subbieRS Well-Known Member

Thanks Josh. And yeah, I've been praying for another job to come along for a while now. Hopefully this is what he is using to help me out :) And thanks for the 2 Corinthians quote. Really speaks to me.

2. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

^Thank Him, he gave it to me to share with you!;) I'll keep praying for that new job for ya.

So thought i'd share a little blessing from yesterday, was at Sheens and he was blessing me by knocking out a few small problems with the car. One of those problems was my cruise control. Checked the fuse and the switch with no luck, Sheen did find that the cruise switch on the dash was disconnected so he plugged that in. On the way home on 35w, i tried it multiple times with no success....bummer.:facepalm: Lastnight i had a great evening of healing at church. My healing is stronger and stronger everyday and i left feeling great! While jamming to the ipod and driving home, i heard the voice inside say "try your cruise again"...so i did, and it works, Praise God! I know, sounds trivial, but God gives us small blessings all the way up to the big ones! Now the car is one step closer to being complete, which is one more burden off of my shoulders. So thank you God for providing a friend like Sheen to me and for the little blessings!! You are truly amazing!!

Todays verse that i'd like to share...(hopefully it will bless your morning and day!)

Lamentations 3:20-My soul has them continually in remembrance and is bowed down within me. 3:21-But this i recall and therefore have i hope and expectation. 3:22-It is because the Lords mercy and loving-kindness that we are not consumed, because His tender compassions fail not. 3:23-They are new every morning, great and abundant is Your stability and faithfulness.

Hope everyone has a great day, God bless!

02subbieRS likes this.
  3. tangledupinblu

Hump day verse....:D

Romans 3:23 & 3:24-Since ALL have sinned and are falling short of the honor and glory which God bestows and receives. ALL are justified and made upright and in right standing with God.

God bless every one of you and have a great day!!

4. leemoreno

leemoreno New Member

Hi every one!!! havent been on here in a while. Lets not go super far of topic but i just got and exhaust and a better fuel pump. Replaced my vf40 with a 50. and Maperformance got me +45whp andn +50 torque. I think thats good right haha. its an automatic too. My wifes car actually. Oh and yea sublime no problem.

5. tangledupinblu

Congrats Lee! Happy butt dyno is happy!

Todays verse...short but good! You can't receive anything that you want or need if you do not ask for it.

Psalms 5:3-In the morning, Lord, You hear my voice...in the morning i lay my requests before You and wait expectingly.

Enjoy your Thursday!:coffee:

6. derp

derp Well-Known Member

my thursday sucked, but there's gotta be some reason for it

7. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

Matthew 6:33 - Seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, and ALL things shall be added unto you...
    Romans 8:28 - ALL things work together for the good of those who Love the Lord their God and are called according to His purpose.

those are the 2 scriptures that changed my life when I was in Bible college training as a Pastor and my fiancee broke it off... I wont go into detail right now but God kept (through many avenues and different convos with people) showing me these 2 verses.. (I was reading Joyce Myers Battlefield of the Mind and Romans 8:28 kept popping up then God lead me to Matt 6:33 while reading and revealed to me the key word... ALL... basically telling me ALL things will work out as I seek HIS Kingdom etc first not mine.. within 2 months I met my wife and have been soooooo blessed beyond possessions with a woman and kids like I never knew was possible..

Gotta keep teh faith

Oh and Tangled I pretty much only come on this site lately, click this link and read the posts.. then go... ;)

tangledupinblu and 02subbieRS like this.
  8. tangledupinblu

Well that's what i was getting at brotha! Miss you around here and if this thread is the only way to get you on here, then praise God!:D Your comment strikes a personnal chord with me. Phi11 helped me out the other day with some fresh vinyls for the WRX...MATTHEW 6:33 is on my back window now across the top! Measures about 4 inches by 40 inches. I thought about putting a verse from Joshua on there, but God spoke to me and said that Matt 6:33 was the verse...who am i to argue with Him!?;) And thanks again Phi11, still looks great and i get alot of compliments on it!

**And Derp...There's a blessing in the storm, something good is coming your way!....IF you believe!!

Todays verse: Colossians 2:10-And ye are complete in Him, which is the head of ALL principality and power.

9. phi11

phi11 Well-Known Member

blu6_33.JPG

02subbieRS likes this.
  10. tangledupinblu

YEAH! Thanks phi11!!

11. tangledupinblu

Good morning! Verse of the day...

James 5:16-Confess to one another therefore your faults and pray also for one another, that you may be healed and restored. The earnest prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available [dynamic in it's working].

Have a great week!!

12. souy07

souy07 Well-Known Member

GOD IS GREAT BUMP!!!

13. tangledupinblu

Agreed! So Saturday we discovered that we'll only have to replace a few small components to bring the stereo in Blu back to life. The flood got into everything, but despite the fact, almost everything was spared! Just a few small things to replace. Could have been nearly $1300.00 to get it back to it's previous state if he wouldn't have blessed me like he did! Thank you Lord:uhhuh:

Verse of the day...

Ephesians 5:15-Look carefully then how you walk. Live purposefully, worthily, and accurately...not as the unwise and witless, but as wise (sensible, intelligent people), making the very most of the time [buying up each opportunity], because the days are evil.

Have a great day everyone and drive safe!

14. tangledupinblu

Happy Tuesday! Verse of the day...

Galatians 2:6- Moreover, by those who were reputed to be something-though what was their individual position and whether they really were of importance or not makes no difference to me; God is not impressed with the positions that men hold.

15. sneefy

sneefy Well-Known Member

"God is not impressed with the positions that men hold." I wish politicians would realize that.

16. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

I read that fortune cookie style and added "in bed" at the end.

Thanks for the kind words Josh! Also, thanks for the thought and prayers for my mother. Pathology results came back favorable but she still has radiology tests coming up.

17. tangledupinblu

Lol, we would all be in better shape if the guhment/politicians still based their decisions on Faith. But all things happen for a reason...for better or for worse! For it was written, "All these things must come to pass".

And Sheen, i will continue praying for her and believing that His will will be done in her life! Love you brotha:)

18. tangledupinblu

Wednesdays verse...

Ephesians 4:15-...let our lives lovingly express truth [in All things, speaking truly, dealing truly, living truly]. Enfolded in love, let us grow up in every way and in all things into Him Who is the Head...

You cannot give away to someone else what you do not have. Freely you have received, freely give!

Have a Great day!

19. tangledupinblu

Todays verses...

John 14:14-I will grant [I Myself will do for you] whatever you shall ask In My name [as presenting all that I Am].

John 15:7-If you live in Me [abide vitally united in Me] and My words remain in you and continue to live in your hearts, ask whatever you will, and it shall be done for you.

Have a great Thursday...the weekend is near!:D

20. ChristianO

ChristianO Member

This thread is rockin ^

tangledupinblu likes this.
  21. tangledupinblu

Happy Friday!

Todays verse...

1 Peter 5:8-Be well balanced (temperate, sober of mind), be vigilant and cautious at all times; for that enemy of yours, the devil, roams around like a lion roaring [in fierce hunger], seeking someone to seize upon and devour.

And i heard a preacher say this once...

"We will never make a difference in this world, until the world sees a difference in us."

Have a great day!

22. BroCo

BroCo Moderator Staff Member

I had this sent to me in an E-mail and thought it was funny.

Sometimes we forget the really important things in life.

Last week, I took my grand-children to a restaurant. My six-year-old grand-son asked if he could say grace.

As we bowed our heads he said, "God is good, God is great. Thank you for the food, and I would even thank you more if Nana gets us ice cream for dessert. And liberty and justice for all! Amen!"

Along with the laughter from the other customers nearby, I heard a woman remark, "That's what's wrong with this country. Kids today don't even know how to pray. Asking God for ice cream! Why, I never!"

Hearing this, my grand-son burst into tears and asked me, "Did I do it wrong? Is God mad at me?"

As I held him and assured him that he had done a terrific job, and God was certainly not mad at him, an elderly gentleman approached the table. He winked at my grand-son and said, "I happen to know that God thought that was a great prayer."

"Really?" my grand-son asked. "Cross my heart," the man replied. Then, in a theatrical whisper, he added (indicating the woman whose remark had started this whole thing), "Too bad she never asks God for ice cream. A little ice cream is good for the soul sometimes."

Naturally, I bought my grand-children ice cream at the end of the meal. My grand-son stared at his for a moment, and then did something I will remember the rest of my life.

He picked up his sundae and, without a word, walked over and placed it in front of the woman. With a big smile he told her,
    "Here, this is for you. Shove it up your a** you grouchy old bi*ch!!!"

The End

23. putz

putz Well-Known Member

I read this thread periodicly, and am inspired occationally, I wish I had faith, and I'm happy for anyone that does/ finds it. Some day I will find somthing too.

Keep up the good work, it is nice to see this on here.

24. tangledupinblu

^Well i'll add you to my prayers then.;) And thanks for the kind words.

And BroCo, i lol'd. Although the story would have been more touching if he would have just given her the ice cream...the vulgarities were a bit much (especially for a child) and kind of just backed the lady that was commenting on "what's wrong with our country". If it was my kid, it would have been soap in the mouth time...lol. There's nothing wrong with praying for ice cream tho! hahaha

25. k_thaosta

k_thaosta Well-Known Member

I want to share my personal experience. It can be long but I have shortened...

I was born and raised a Hmong Christian until my parents decided to go shamanism/animism about 13-14 years ago. I was devistated. Though I had to follow what my parents had believed in because I was young, I was still secretly devoted to God. There is no other. Long story short, I went away from Him for over 10 years. Last year, I had vivid dreams about God asking me to come back, that it was time to be who I was to be in His eyes. So I decided to come back. And in light of it all, my parents told me that I could chose whatever religion I wanted to be around the same time. So I started going back to church and it has changed my life. I joined a small congregation because they were very warm and welcoming. I felt God's presence and energy around me, still do today.

Music was always my passion so I asked if I could join the praise and worship band. Again I was welcomed to join the band. Only, I had hoped to just sing my heart out, but the leader said I had to play the bass guitar. I've never touched a bass guitar in my life, let alone taking on a guitar seriously, I mean I didn't even know the chords! First practice, I picked up the bass guitar and my pastor showed me some of the basic chords - E,G,A,C,D. It was difficult at first but as the night went on, it became easier and easier. By the end of the night, our leader had permanent put me up on stage because I had done so well! I told him it was my first time ever playing a guitar. Of course he did not believe me, but as time went on and my questions seemed basic, he knew that I was not kidding about never having picked up a guitar in my life. Now I can sing and play it at the same time. From the moment I picked that bass guitar on, I knew why God had called for me to come back. It's a powerful feeling.

I chose to become baptized on August 21 because I knew God's plan for me. Now I feel Him even stronger in me, in strength and compassion, and I feel like I can do anything I want to. I am currently doing some bible studies and my own personal goal of minimizing my sins. I am no expert in God or Christianity but my personal experience with God is a powerful one and I encourage you if you are borderline between God and something else, listen and you will hear. There is hope. Don't give in to bad thoughts. Like gold and oil, it was just once a bunch of rocks and dead dinosaurs. It takes time to become valuable, you just have to believe and have hope no matter how small it may seem. I am in no way forcing anyone to start being a Christian or of a God based religion. You do it of your own free will. I don't discrimination against other religions. If you are happy and believe in your purpose there, by all means.

26. tangledupinblu

^Praise God, thanks for sharing! I too was right there with him and turned my back for 10 years. He will never leave nor forsake us, and the truth/proof of that is in our testimonies! When he desires us to turn back to him, he has his ways of letting us know, and i'm so very thankful for that. I am currently trying to get things in motion to get baptised. I was dedicated to God as a baby and never got baptised in 2001 when i found my salvation. Most churches today don't have a baptismal pool, so i'm looking to have the pastor dunk me in the community indoor swimming pool near the church. It's been weighing strongly on my heart and spirit that it's something i need to do and i fully intend to make it happen! Thanks again for sharing, that's just one of the many reasons that we started this thread.:D

Sundays verses...

Galatians 5:13- For you, brethren, were indeed called to freedom, only [do not let your] freedom be an incentive to your flesh and an opportunity or excuse [for selfishness], but through love you should serve one another. 5:14- For the whole Law [concerning human relationships] is complied within the one precept, you shall love your neighbor as you do yourself.

Have a blessed day!

27. k_thaosta

Well getting baptized is exciting. It should always be a choice to becoming baptized and not forced. Maybe we could get a group from here to come and join you in your baptism. It would be nice to have a few extra brothers and sisters welcoming you to the family. :)

02subbieRS and tangledupinblu like this.
  28. tangledupinblu

Amen! I plan to have it done in two weeks at the Maple Grove Community Centers indoor pool by one of the pastors from Living Word Church. You are all welcome and encouraged to join in the celebration!! Cost for adults is like $6.50 for a day pass. I'd be willing to cover the cost for anyone that would like to come and is lacking funds...i know it's only $6.50, but i also know how many people are lacking employment right now too. If you'd like, you can bring the kids and make an evening out of it in the pool. They have slides and a kids section.:D

29. tangledupinblu

Todays verses...

Ephesians 4:22- Strip yourselves of your former nature which characterized your previous manner of life and becomes corrupt through lusts and desires that spring from delusion; 4:23- and be constantly renewed in spirit of your mind [having a fresh mental and spiritual attitude], 4:24- and put on the new nature created in God's image, in true righteousness and holiness.

In short..."Get rid of the wordly spirit and put on the holy spirit.":) Have a great day!!

30. 02subbieRS

Hey man! Let me know all to details and I will somehow make it!

31. 02subbieRS

It's awesome to see another person brought back through worship. That's how I really began taking God seriously. If it wasn't for worship, I'd probably still be lost. Awesome story bro.

32. k_thaosta

If your baptism is on the 18, i cannot make it but if it's on the 11, for sure I will be there. Let us know.

33. k_thaosta

Thank you to all who read my testimony. Worship is always a good thing if you find it difficult to express your love for Jesus or God in other ways.

Did anyone else make it to Sunday night's Rock and Worship Concert at the Energy Center?

34. tangledupinblu

^Didn't even hear about it!:( As of right now it looks like it may be difficult for most people to make it to the baptism. It will more than likely take place on Monday morning around 8am on Feb.13th. I'm hoping to hear back from the community center today to confirm...
    if so it will be held here > http://www.ci.maple-grove.mn.us/content/149/305/default.aspx

35. k_thaosta

That will be difficult then. Post pictures!!

Anyone thinking about going to the Casting Crowns concert?

36. 02subbieRS

When is the Casting Crowns concert? I was planning on going to the concert on Sunday but wasn't feeling too well.

37. k_thaosta

Concert on Sunday was awesome. So powerful.

Casting Crowns is April 21 at the Target Center.

38. tangledupinblu

I may have to grab tics to this one, thanks for the heads up!!

Also... http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=76LDPNNX :)

Todays verse...

John 4:23- But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship Him.

39. 02subbieRS

Def gonna look into getting tix.

40. tangledupinblu

Maybe we should get a group of Subies together to convoy down to the concert!?;)

So, John 4:23 really spoke to me this morning and just installed more faith into these posts. I've been an MnSubaru member for more than 5 years now and just recently was able to post this thread. God spoke to me when i considered/questioned it and told me that "It is time and they will not judge nor reject you". Which obviously gave me the power to do so. I still had lingering doubts that it would be "flame free"(see first post,lol), but am thankful to Him that it has had such a positive response and impact! The hour HAS cometh for us, and i am truly thankful for all of you that read this (believers and non-believers) equally. I just pray that lives of the non-believers will be touched and those that are already faith filled will find strength and be renewed by our sharing openly here. Thank you Lord for being so good!

41. tangledupinblu

Happy Thursday!

Verse of the day...

Ephesians 3:16- May He grant you out of rich treasury of His glory to be strengthened and reinforced with mighty power in the inner man by the Holy Spirit [Himself indwelling your innermost being and personality].

We could all use a little strenghthening and reinforcing! Have a great day!!

42. tangledupinblu

It's Friday for all of you workaholics out there!

Todays verses...it's a long one, but a good one to take with you into the weekend!

John 13:12-13:17

John 13:12- So when He had finished washing their feet and had put on His garments and sat down again, He said to them, do you understand what I have done to you? 13:13- You call Me your Teacher (Master) and the Lord, and you are right in doing so, for that is what I am. 13:14- If I then, your Lord and Teacher (Master), have washed your feet, you ought [it is your duty, you are under obligation] to wash one another's feet. 13:15- For I have given you this as an example, so that you should do [in your turn] what I have done to you. 13:16- I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, a servant is no greater than his master, and no one who is sent is superior to the one who sent him. 13:17- If you know these things, blessed and happy and to be envied are you if you practice them [if you act accordingly and really do them].

Wash someone elses feet this weekend!! Meaning...(Do something good for someone, as you have had good things done for you that have helped you in life.)

Have a great weekend!:coffee:

43. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

Great verse Tebow. This pretty much sums up how I try (emphasis on try) to lead my life. This is one of the few stories that have stuck with me since bible school... the Zacchaeus and the sycamore tree one too. No idea why.

44. tangledupinblu

Lol, glad that you like! Must have been the reason that i was told to post it. Still praying for you and your family.:D

45. tangledupinblu