God lives in this thread!*If you don't care for Him,don't open it!*;)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by tangledupinblu, Jan 5, 2012.

1. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Verse of the day...

Philippians 2:9-10...Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, of those on earth, and of those under the earth.

Hope that everyone has a great Saturday!

2. 02subbieRS

02subbieRS Well-Known Member

Jeremy Camp always does good music.

3. tangledupinblu

Agreed! Just recently grabbed one of his "Live" albums from my churches' bookstore. It was well worth it.:)

Now for Sundays verse...short and sweet.

Proverbs 16:9- A man's mind plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps and makes them sure.

I pray that everyone has a funfilled and safe evening of Super Bowl celebrations!

4. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

I got baptized the 2nd time in the ocean... hahah First time at 7-8 in a river... Heck come to my house.. We can baptize you in the hole we have for our trampoline... ;)

tangledupinblu likes this.
  5. TSTRBOY2004

even more so when you hear the testimony behind his first wife dying..

Also I recommend Hillsong United also known as United Live

02subbieRS likes this.
  6. TSTRBOY2004

Kaboose: a local Christian Rapper... has some fun songs

one of my favorites and fun song...

People post up some styles of music you like and maybe we can get some suggestions going on similar artists in the christian genre that are like the secular artists..

or maybe start a new thread??

KJ-52

Hillsong United / United Live : based out of Hillsong (Australias biggest Church) and also started as a Youth band for about 50 kids... now have a youth group of over 2000 weekly in attendance and I believe they have about 4 complete bands rotating... or something..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_sU_rmTVM4&feature=related

7. TSTRBOY2004

Brooke Fraser from Hillsong United - hawt and great voice.

PlanetShakers: another Aussie youth band...

8. tangledupinblu

^Some good stuff there mang! Lol, baptised via trampoline!? That's one way to get closer to God, especially if you have a couple of people on there that time it just right...you can fly!! hahahaha. But as of now it's official, getting baptised a week from today at 8am in Maple Grove at the community center with my mother. I'd love to come and visit you and the fam sometime tho, maybe have some dinner with ya, it's been too long!;)

Verse of the day...

Matthew 11:29- Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me, for I am gentle (meek) and humble (lowly) in heart, and you will find rest (relief, ease, refreshment, recreation, and blessed quiet) for your souls.

Have a great Monday and remember that work and health is a blessing that not everyone gets a chancce to have. In short, don't be grumpy about the beggining of a new week, be thankful.

9. TSTRBOY2004

lets get a time together man

10. 02subbieRS

I had the chance to see Hillsong live in California a few years back. One of the most moving concerts I've ever been too. So powerful.

11. TSTRBOY2004

they come to MN almost every year to Grace Church... My old church back home in Australia was connected with Hillsongs through the Pastor being trained by Brian Houstons Dad... We'd go to the conference every year at their Church in Sydney.. amazing stuff.

02subbieRS likes this.
  12. tangledupinblu

Pm'd.:D

Verse of the day...

Matthew 18:2&3- And He called a little child to Himself and put himself in the midst of them, and said, Truly I say to you, unless you repent (change, turn about) and become like little children, you can never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Get out there and be greatful for the beautiful weather! Have a great day!

13. tangledupinblu

Hump(day) bump! Verse of the day...

James 1:4- Let endurance, steadfastness, and patience have full play and do a thorough work, so that you may be perfectly and fully developed [with no defects] lacking in nothing.

I hope that you make an effort to be a blessing today to someone and in return receive blessings over your own life! Have a great day!

14. k_thaosta

k_thaosta Well-Known Member

I would love to see Hillsong United!!! Never been to one of their concerts but love their music!!! We sang a few of their songs already for our praise and worship - My heart is overwhelmed, for example.

15. tangledupinblu

Thursdays verse...have a great day!

Philippians 1:28- Do not [for a moment] be frightened or intimidated in anything by your opponents and adversaries, for such [constancy and fearlessness] will be a clear sign (proof and seal) to them of [their impending] destruction, but [a sure token and evidence] of your deliverance and salvation, and that from God.

16. tangledupinblu

Happy Friday!!

2 Timothy 2:23 & 24- But refuse (shut your mind against, have nothing to do with) trifling (ill-informed, unedifying, stupid) controversies over ignorant questionings, for you know that they foster strife and breed quarrels. 2:24-And the servants of the Lord must not be quarrelsome (fighting and contending). Instead be kindly to everyone and mild-tempered [preserving the bond of peace]: he must be a skilled and suitable teacher, patient and forebearing and willing to suffer wrong.

Hope everyone has a joyful day and a restful weekend!

17. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

I probably have enough coolant from his car that's sitting in my garage that you could baptize him in.

02subbieRS and TSTRBOY2004 like this.
  18. tangledupinblu

^Awesome, thanks! I think that i'll stick to the indoor pool tho.:p

19. tangledupinblu

ZOMG I didn't drown!!:D lol

Todays verse...

1 Corinthians 9:22- I have [in short] become all things to all men, that i may by all means (at all costs and in any and every way) save some [by winning them to faith in Jesus Christ].

20. k_thaosta

Congrats!!! Welcome to the family!!!

21. tangledupinblu

^Thanks brotha!:D Todays verse...

John 10:10- The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they might have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, til it overflows).

22. 02subbieRS

AH SNAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations man! If I wasn't at the doctor I would have went.

23. tangledupinblu

^Thank you, it was a great experience!
    Todays verse...

Exodus 14:13, 14- Fear not; stand still (firm, confident, undismayed) and see the salvation of the Lord which He will work for you today...The Lord will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace and remain at rest.

Understand that despite any troubles that you may face today, you WILL overcome them! God bless and have a great day!!

24. TSTRBOY2004

Fun night of Food and conversation..... Thanks for hanging out Josh!!

oh yeah and I remembered but forgot to ask about the drowning er baptism

25. tangledupinblu

^Lol. There wasn't too much to tell you about ya know, into the water...under the water...out of the water. :) It WAS a great experience tho to profess my faith to God and my family and friends that were there with me. It was great seeing you and the fam lastnight! Had a good time and can safely say that i would be a fat man if i had your wife cooking for me all of the time!!:D We need to get together more often.

**To all of you that pray and are involved with prayer chains at church...A good friend of mine named Justin has been dealing with health issues and recovery of said issues. Please add him to your prayers and prayer chains to lift him up and help him with a speedy recovery! Thanks!**

Todays verse...

Luke 10:19- Behold! I have given you authority and power to trample upon serpants and scorpions, and [physical and mental strength and ability] over all the power that the enemy [possesses]; and nothing shall in any way harm you.

You have strength and power from your faith to conquer all of lifes problems! Have a joy-filled day!

26. TSTRBOY2004

you calling me fat ;)

27. tangledupinblu

Nope...you're dainty.:p Btw, i dropped a lil thank you in the mail today for you and la familia.

28. tangledupinblu

Hope that everyones been enjoying this beautiful winter weekend!:)

So today i had a great experience volunteering for "Car Care" which is sponsored by Living Word Church! They work on cars for less fortunate people at Victory Auto Center in Brooklyn Park through the church. They do basic stuff like tire rotations, oil changes, spark plugs, brakes, etc. Today i helped do plugs, wires, oil change, and checked a tire for leaks on a mini van. We also did a valve cover gasket that was leaking everywhere on a small sedan and more than likely saved the owner from a serious engine fire.:unsure: It was a really good time and i got to work with alot of great guys and was truly blessed to have the chance to help others!

Todays verse...

Matthew 7:1 & 2- Do Not judge and criticize others, so that you may not be judged and criticized and condemned yourselves. 7:2- For just as you judge and criticize and condemn others, you will be judged and criticized and condemned, and in accordance with the measure you [use to] deal out to others, it will be dealt out again to you.

^Proof that Kharma exists. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!

29. Legend-of-Speed

Legend-of-Speed New Member

that's GOD! AMEN!

Attached Files:

30. tangledupinblu

31. Legend-of-Speed

Legend-of-Speed New Member

thanks and will do.

32. tangledupinblu

Monday verse.

1 Corintians 10:24- Let no one then seek his own good and advantage and profit, but (rather) each one of the other [let him seek the welfare of his neighbor].

Help someone else profit and you will profit yourself! Have a great week!

33. tangledupinblu

Happy humpday!

Todays verse...

Hebrews 4:12- For the Word that God speaks is alive and full of power [making it active, operative, energizing, and effective]; it is sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating to the dividing line of the breath of life (the soul) and [the immortal] spirit.

*Gods Word is alive and working in all of our lives every day, whether we notice it or not. Both good and bad things happen to us to make us better and stronger so that we have the power to deal with circumstances that happen to us throughout our lives. Have a great day and God bless!

34. tangledupinblu

Hey, it's Thursday and a great day to be alive! Verse...

John 3:17- For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but the world through Him might be saved.

*Every day is a great day because we have victory in our lives through Him! Our saviour, our healer, our provider...we are all Kings with royal blood flowing through our veins and nothing can keep us from obtaining our goals and desires! That's something to celebrate about:D Have a great day!!

**I could also use your prayers, this time for me tho. A situation has come up with my job and i could use the help of your prayers to conquer the issues that have come along with said situation. Thanks in advance!

35. tangledupinblu

Although EVERY day is a Friday to me as i love each day equally...today IS in fact Friday and i know that there are alot of people looking forward to a relaxing weekend...here's to you!:coffee:

Exodus 14:13- Moses told the people, Fear not; stand still (firm, confident, undismayed) and see the salvation of the Lord which He will work for you today.

**Prayer Request: So after 10 yrs of faithful service to my company, we've had a career ending disagreement. I ask that you lift me up in prayer that i may find a new job to replace the one i've lost. I'm not letting it get me down though, God always has a purpose for everything and I know that this is only a small bump in the road. He has something bigger and better in the works for me! And like the Exodus verse that he gave me this morning says: I will stand firm, confident, and undismayed in His glory and grace and I will in fact move forward with what's next!

Thanks for reading and for your prayers, have a great day!

TSTRBOY2004 likes this.
  36. tangledupinblu

It's Sunday and i hope that everyone has enjoyed their weekend!

Sundays verse...

Jeremiah 1:5- Before I formed you in the womb I knew and approved of you [as my chosen instrument], and before you were born I seperated and set you apart, consecrating you; and I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.

**YOU are something special! Every one of us are unique/one of a kind. Each individual has something to offer to the other that the other person may be lacking. If we utilize the gifts that He has provided to us to help someone else in a difficult time, we all benefit! Do something for someone today, even if it's as simple as holding a door or commenting on how they look. At the end of the day you will feel joy in your heart knowing that you did His will!

Have a wonderful and blessed week!

phi11 likes this.
  37. tangledupinblu

Just a quick testimony on how good God is and how there is no such thing as coincidence!!

I typed the above post at 11:26 this morning, at 11:28 Phi11 called because his Leggy had broken down at MIA. I went and got him and helped him out. He was very appreciative and i felt great helping him cuz he's my brother and friend! It just shows that God is ALWAYS working and utilizing us to do good for others! But He doesn't force us to do anything, we have to accept His request and take the step to do what He asks. I am very greatful that he was able to provide me with the opportunity to do a good deed for someone the moment after i typed out "Do something for someone today...":D

38. TSTRBOY2004

JOSH: wanna do this?!?! I am pretty sure Im gonna make it!!

[​IMG]

39. tangledupinblu

I wish that i could!! I'm going to be attending membership classes Monday(5th)-Friday(9th) at the church so i can officially become a member! I'll talk to them and see if it's ok that i miss Wednesday...if so i'll go! Is this at your church?

40. TSTRBOY2004

membership shmembership.... its ironic you have to follow MANS rules to be a member of a church haahaha JK... we did one at our current church too... actually we never did.. I just worked as a youth leader for 4yrs then they figured I was a member haha

41. tangledupinblu

^Lullz...is that all that it took!?:D

Verse...

2 Corintians 10:4- For the weapons of our warfare are not physical [weapons of flesh and blood], but they are mighty before God for the overthrow and destruction of strongholds.

**Do you have something in your life that feels like a vise or lead blanket holding you down from days of joy and happiness? We have all had problems in our lives that feel like they'll never go away and will loom with us forever. But there is good news! The verse today shows that God has provided us with His strength and His weapons to overcome these strongholds. If you put your trust in Him and say "Lord, i lay down this problem, this painful, stressful situation, and put it in your hands.", He will take it from you and allow you to move forward and live a happier more fulfilled day and life. Don't let todays problem ruin your tomorrow! Put it in His hands and let it go. You'll be happy that you did!

Have a great day!

42. k_thaosta

Kutless concert at MOA tomorrow at 7pm!!! Myself and the rest of our church band will be there... Anyone else?

43. tangledupinblu

44. k_thaosta

tangledupinblu likes this.
  45. tangledupinblu

Uggg...I have plans tomorrow. But i'll pray on it and hopefully i'll be able to make it for what i know is gonna be a great show! And FREE!;)

Thanks for posting it!