God lives in this thread!*If you don't care for Him,don't open it!*;)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by tangledupinblu, Jan 5, 2012.

1. silver03

silver03 Well-Known Member

The movie"Gods not dead" is a terrific film and definitely worth full price admission. It was shocking how good it is. Invite your non-believing friends!

tangledupinblu and Pia Thao like this.
  2. Pia Thao

Pia Thao Active Member

Agreed! Love this thread. Best one here. Glad to see some like minded people on here. God is great! Looking forward to meeting you all!

tehfuzz likes this.
  3. silver03

Leann Chin fortune cookie fortune I got this past weekend-"Fear is the darkroom where negatives are developed"...how right. But Fear Not!

tangledupinblu likes this.
  4. Legsaucy

Legsaucy Well-Known Member

Happy Easter everyone!

tangledupinblu and tehfuzz like this.
  5. silver03

Everything we believe is centered on today. He is alive my friends!

tangledupinblu, Legsaucy and tehfuzz like this.
  6. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

Hillsong United at Mariucci Arena this thursday... 7-10pm

7. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

You left out an important detail, $10!!!

image.jpg

8. TSTRBOY2004

no... knew youd post it hahaha

9. silver03

Bump for this Thursday in Andover...all thread readers welcome. please give me an rsvp so I have enough pizza/pop on hand. Josh is going to have a little something for us (no, not that).

10. Legsaucy

I'd like to try and make it but it will depend on if I can find an available babysitter.

Also, this was today's message at my church. I brought a friend of mine who is on the fence about following Christ and she said that this message changed a lot for her.

Or if that link doesn't work, www.eaglebrookchurch.com under latest message.

John 16:33 I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart for I have overcome the world.

11. silver03

I have been parked on James 1:5-6 for sometime. Basically if you seek wisdom, God will give it to you IF you believe you will receive it. It's been awesome.

12. tangledupinblu

Hello all! God has placed this song on my heart to share with you! May it brighten your day and bring you joy!

EricS likes this.
  13. RustenWRX

RustenWRX BANNED

Alright guys, I got an proposition
    I'm thinking we all should have a little car cruise to EBC (Eagle Brook Church) in Lino Lakes, next week Saturday evening (Saturday, July 19th), or Sunday morning (Sunday, July 20th).
    We can meet up a little earlier, get some coffee and what not, then cruise over to the Lino Lakes location.
    The series is called: http://eaglebrookchurch.com/event/599081-2014-07-19-more-than-happy/
    Location is: http://eaglebrookchurch.com/lino-lakes/

Let me know what you think, this will only work if you guys are in, and its also very flexible. I got my cousin ('06 WRX) and I ('02 WRX) going so far.. Lets get the whole gang in!

Again, nothing is set in stone and this is just an idea. I'm hoping some of you are in and lets make this happen!
    (BTW this isn't my church, its just a great one i've attended a few times and really like it so far)

14. tangledupinblu

^Really good idea! I think that a couple of members on here are even members at EBC? I haven't personally been there but have heard good things!

Maybe we could try this on a weekend with a little bit more of a heads up/preplanning? Like next week perhaps? Anyone care to chime in with thoughts/opinions?

-Josh

15. Legsaucy

I'd be down for this! I live about 2 blocks away from the Blaine Eaglebrook but I go to the Lino Lakes campus because they generally have better music. Parking fills up very quickly for the 9am service, 11am usually isn't as packed but if you wanted to try and do group parking the far end of the west lot would be the best bet.

16. Legsaucy

If you wanted to do breakfast/coffee before hand there is a Dunn bro's or the Blue Heron restaurant across the bridge on 14. If Sunday morning bloody's are more your style there's Kelly's down the street and they serve a decent greasy breakfast as well.

silver03 likes this.
  17. tonyM

tonyM Well-Known Member

This plan is relevant to my interests.

9am service, then b-fast somewhere?

Where should we meet/when?

Im in Crystal, can meet really anywhere!

18. silver03

I would be in for Sunday 9am. Where are we at with this?

19. Legsaucy

How about we meet there at 8:45, it'll fill up fast. Park at the end of the west lot (when you pull in there are 3 parking lots, the west lot is the the farthest down on the right, after you drive by the front doors). I'll be in the sage green 11' obs. Service starts promptly at 9 and goes until about 10:15. Then brunch/lunch afterwards, can either cruise to a spot or there are a couple local options. Totally up to y'all if you want to meet somewhere before hand but I'm already up this way so I can just meet you there. Feel free to bring a friend, this a very welcoming not so traditional church with awesome music and really good pastors.

20. silver03

To be clear...Lino campus?

21. Legsaucy

Yessir

22. RustenWRX

RustenWRX BANNED

Ok I can make it this Sunday! Let's not make this a one time thing.

Also, for parking: when you pull in, take your immediate first left and there's a dirt patch on the left that all the subarus should park at.

23. tangledupinblu

I wish that i could join you all this weekend! :( If it becomes a thing each week/every other week...i will definitely be making it!!

God shared with me this week that we tend to celebrate when we are "on the mountain tops" in life, but our moods and attitudes change dramatically when we are walking "through a valley".

He shared that we need to learn to love the valleys and appreciate them like mountain top living! He said to me, "When you are at your lowest moments in life, I am there too!"
    And then He brought the verse to mind...
    Psalms 23:4-Yea, though i walk through the valley of the shadow of death, i shall fear no evil, for Thou art with me.

Gave me goosebumps! God is good!!! Remember that, if you are going through a tough spot in your life, God IS with you and that valley is just another mountain top that the enemy is trying to disguise as a valley. When we have God in our hearts, we are mountain dwellers!!!

God Bless!(he always does) ;)

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
    silver03 likes this.
  24. tangledupinblu

Nevermind, our plans fell through and the wife and I are in!! See you in the morning!!!

-8:45am.
    -end of the West lot.
    -Lino Lakes EBC.

25. Legsaucy

Running late, alarm never went off. Might not be able to find ya inside but I'll meet up with ya after.

26. tangledupinblu

Ok! We are parked in the South lot.

Wrb wrx and red legacy with black wheels.

27. RustenWRX

RustenWRX BANNED

Great turnout, here's a pic. Missing one impreza, sorry Legsaucy.

Attached Files:

28. tangledupinblu

Thanks for sharing the pic! It was great getting an opportunity to meet and chat with some fellow believers. :)

I'm really looking forward to the possiblity of a monthly fellowship with you guys/gals to grow our faith and relationships with eachother!

*****That being said...for those that missed out we are looking to start up something new!*****

The TCCT-Twin Cities Church Tour!

We will meet once a month and try out different churches that people attend to experience God in the multitude of flavors that He provides us through different congregations and pastors/teachers! It's a great way to praise Him and experience Him outside of the box of our own church body. Why? Because each church, denomination, pastor, and congregation provide a different outlook/perspective on living a life for our Creator!!

Keep an eye out on this thread for the church selection for August! Also, make a suggestion on which church that you feel should make the calendar!!

God Bless and have a great day!
    -Josh

silver03 and Legsaucy like this.
  29. Legsaucy

Ha! No biggie mines not really picture worthy at the moment anyway. It was nice meeting/chatting with you guys/gals. Looking forward to the future meets. If anyone wants to share what book of the bible they're reading or even facing life struggles they could use some faith guidance through I'd be happy to pluck some verses to discuss for the "B.S" part.

Have a blessed week!

30. RustenWRX

RustenWRX BANNED

How is August 31st looking for everyone?

31. tangledupinblu

That could be doable! What church are we thinking of doing?

My suggestion would be Living Word in Brooklyn Park! :)

32. silver03

Labor Day weekend=up at the cabin for us. I love the idea of this.

33. derp

derp Well-Known Member

Come to the chapel at Camp Buehring! There's 4 or 5 different protestant services.

I've been going to one of the contemporary ones, the current sermon series is about how Abram became Abraham, and the transition from Belief to Faith.

34. tangledupinblu

I'll add it to the list for the tour! On one condition...that you come with us!! ;)

Hope all is well with you brotha! Getting a nice tan?

35. derp

derp Well-Known Member

It's hot here.

36. silver03

LWCC Brooklyn Park 9/21 9am? What say you all? A subie gathering?

37. tangledupinblu

Arggh...i'll be in Iowa. :(

38. tonyM

tonyM Well-Known Member

I'd possibly be down with meeting on 9/21.

I have to check my new churches schedule though. I've REALLY been into the messages. Don't want to miss out.

I'd be open to bringing you folks there if interested. Real Life Church in Roseville

39. tangledupinblu

Off of Lexington and B2? Just seent it yesterday!

40. tehfuzz

tehfuzz Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I need this in meatybear size.

tangledupinblu and EricS like this.
  41. tangledupinblu

Lol Sir Meaty!

tehfuzz likes this.
  42. Nick Carter

Nick Carter Member

It looks like I'm late to the party but I have had alot of trouble and struggle with my faith over the years. Like most on this thread I had christian upbringing going to church on sundays, participating in and later helping teach sunday school. I was in my final year on confirmation just months from being done when my best friend, fellow church member, musician, and confirmation classmate committed suicide. Initially it was just all shock until a couple months after not seeing him in school then it sat in. I was then just pissed at everyone and everything for letting it happen including myself. I stopped going to church, really didn't care about being confirmed. I just wanted to sit and pity myself. It took months of this to finally move on to acceptance. It took me almost 2 years to return to church. When I did I just felt a kind of comfort. Whether that was the friendly faces or things from above but whatever it was it helped. Things still aren't easy with the whole situation but they are manageable.

43. TSTRBOY2004

well Im back on the wagon.. got a little over Church for a while.. after 18yrs and running Youth groups for about 13 of those I got burnt out...

My oldest boy is 10 now and so our Church never really had anything for Junior Youth going... it was either bitch about it and find another church... or realize I was the issue and allow God to refocus my heart to what we loved about our Church (amazing families we trust) and to man up and step back into my calling.. so I am now running the Junior Youth in my Church... 5th to 7th grade... first few weeks was.. what the hell am I doing again.. hahah but God has been faithful and we have seen amazing growth..

went from about 5 kids to around 13 or so regularly... it helped that I said we needed to go every week not every other and a random event.. the kids need consistency and something they call their own to plug into.. I now also have a bunch of the Church leaders on board to get a proposal to the Missions campus for one of their rooms to convert into a youth room.. bada bing... just step out and trust Him... what else can we do.. that is all He asks...

Josh... lets get that date night back onto the calendar ya slack bastard

silver03 and tangledupinblu like this.
  44. tangledupinblu

^What a blessing, I am so glad that you chose the path that you did and the kids are reaping the benefits! You are a great guy and alot of fun, no suprise that they feel the same way. Thank you for listening to your heart and stepping out in faith brotha!

And date night better happen quick since the wifey is about to pop! We're at 36 weeks and it could be any day now!!!

TSTRBOY2004 likes this.
  45. TSTRBOY2004

well now we know tangledupinblue doesnt mean the marbles hahahahahah

hows the 22nd sound? saturday afternoon?? shoot some guns.. eat some food... get ya home early?? or 13th Dec