Going on a Trip to Canada

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Taras, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Taras

Taras BANNED

After i come back from Russia, in a week, me and my GF are planning on going to driving my subbie to Toronto. I have a couple of questions and suggestions. First, what do you guys and girls think i should do with my car before we leave for the trip. I mean what should i cheak and what should i keep my eye on while driving? Second, we plan on staying in duluth for a day, because both of us never been there. I know there quite a few people here from Duluth so i though i could get some suggestions on places to stay like nice cheap hotels/motels. And we plan to drive around the lake superior all the way to toronto, do you think it will be possiable to do.

Thanks, Taras

2. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

make sure its smog legal??? wasnt there an article posted on here about the kanooks taking cars and crushing them for racing and illegal mods???

3. evilrex

evilrex New Member

Maybe a oil change before the trip? Tire pressure/tread check. Basic minor preventive maint stuff. Watch out for deer up north. Stop at Tobies in Hinkley for some carmel rolls. Take a hike up at Gooseberry Falls. Walk around the lake front in Duluth (down by the Aerial Lift Bridge). Lots of fun stuff to do in Duluth.

4. Taras

Taras BANNED

cool thanks. i think my oil is still good changed it like 600 miles ago with amsoil synth. oil so that should last like 3000miles+. I need to get new tires really bad and i am not going anywhere before i get them thats for sure.
    The smog test should be fine i have stock axel back with TXS steathback and it is catted. I think they only crashed cars that had illigal/stolen parts in them.

5. dman

dman New Member

Get a canadian visa!

6. Taras

Taras BANNED

Good call, i actually already have one a multi-entry visa for a year i think till the end of october, so i should use it while i can.

7. stoooo

stoooo Well-Known Member

I had my first one of those last week. I was all, "Meh, what's the big deal ? It's just a sticky bun." But, wow, those things are just incredible. How do they make a simple caramel roll taste so good ? I think they must put crack in the recipe, or something.

Stuart.

8. Taras

Taras BANNED

anyone knows a fine hotel/motel to stay at in Duluth?

9. MrMcMonkey

MrMcMonkey Well-Known Member

the edgewater with the newish waterpark is good for about 60-80 depending on the day...or the brand spankin new Sheraton is only 200 a night

10. Taras

Taras BANNED

yeah edgewater sounds more like my price range. Will i have problems getting a room if i just show up?

11. Hallywood

Hallywood Well-Known Member

12. Taras

Taras BANNED

yeah i herd about that. My car does not look like its supped up to bad. Lower and rims thats it. I even have stealth back exhaust. So i think i will be fine.

13. evilrex

evilrex New Member

Bunch of hotels in Canal Park. Comfort Suites, Hampton Inn, and Hawthorne Suites. Grandma's Bar and Sports Bar are there also. Bunch of resturaunts in the Canal Park area. Around the bend is the Fitgers Inn (couple of miles down the road, but on the shore of Lake Superior, built in an old brewery). Edgewater is nice, but not as close to downtown.

14. Taras

Taras BANNED

is duluth a big city?

15. Saabaru

Saabaru Well-Known Member

ummm, kinda? Stay at the edgewater. My roomies gf works at the desk, i'll tell her you're coming and maybe she can cut you a deal.

16. Taras

Taras BANNED

That would be sweeet. Thanks. :)