Goodbye Outback

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by subie-roo, Feb 16, 2019.

1. subie-roo

subie-roo Well-Known Member

EFB88567-4039-409B-A701-C17949B4AF19.jpeg Tomorrow my 08 goes to a new home and my 05 becomes my daily. I’ve had a lot of Subaru’s but I’m especially sad about this one. I bought it when I was going through a rough patch and hated it. Over the past 3 years it’s been a great little wagon. I will miss it.

silver03 and Aegis like this.
  2. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

*sadface*

3. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

Always sad when you miss it. Luckily I have had only one I have missed and that was the '05 Legacy GT...all the others couldn't get out of my driveway fast enough.

4. subie-roo

I’ll get to drive my LGT and RS more which is awesome, and something really special is joining the family soon (hence the sale).

I’m still sad because it was an awesome wagon (except for the timing belt, headgaskets, and the other “routine Subaru maintenance”). On to #10

Leonnosyt, Aegis and tangledupinblu like this.
  5. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

Someone else will get to enjoy it, and you never know, it may make next person just as happy as it made you. Don't be sad! It's going forth to make others happy :)
    Beautiful outback though. I get it.

6. housemusic1

housemusic1 Well-Known Member

I'm parting with my Outback soon as well, and it feels like I'm getting ready to say goodbye to a family member. Its been the most reliable vehicle that I've ever owned, and I may shed a tear when she leaves my driveway for the final time.

7. subie-roo

Your H6? But why?

8. housemusic1

housemusic1 Well-Known Member

Being 6'5", it's not the most practical vehicle for my size, plus my daughters are teenagers, so going out of town in it is no longer an option, especially when Dad needs to have his seat pushed all the way back. Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing vehicle, and I'm kind of tossing around the idea of lifting it back up to stock ride height, and giving it to my youngest daughter, once she hits driving age. I'm hoping a newer Forester will give a little more space/comfort. I need to still feed my wagon addiction somehow, so we'll see what happens.

Krazylegz1485 likes this.
  9. subie-roo

We had a 15+ FXT and 15+ Outback and the Outback was the best for space/comfort. From a performance perspective, I’d wait to see if they’re going to use the FA24T in the new Outback and drop the 6 cylinder option. If you do sell, let me know, I know a number of parties that would be interested.

And I understand the wagon addiction, I only sold mine to fund another.

Krazylegz1485 likes this.
  10. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

Woo! Wagon Mafia!

11. zedhead

zedhead Well-Known Member

My wife got t-boned in our 08 LLBean 2.5. She walked away pretty much uninjured. I swear she would have driven that car until she died. She loved it that much.
    Now, She's got a '17 Outback 3.6r Touring in Brilliant Brown Pearl. I swear she loves her cars more than I love mine!

We've had every Gen Outback, except gen 4. Prolly over 500K miles on 2nd gens. The size of the new Outbacks is amazing. An actual back seat????

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
    tangledupinblu and Cotts612 like this.
  12. Cotts612

Cotts612 Well-Known Member

I saw one of those brown Outbacks on a sunny day, I really like that color! Pictures don't do that color any justice.

13. zedhead

zedhead Well-Known Member

So true!^ It looks black in certain light. Brown in bright sunlight.

14. subie-roo

I really loved it, and had a 15 OB for awhile, it was a very comfortable car. I did not get newer, it’s replacement is 15 years older and has a tiny back seat. If I ever bought new again I’d probably go for an Outback (after they drop the FA2.4DIT motor in).

15. MN GT

MN GT New Member

Nice looking ride! Tell me about the driving light mount. I have a pair of Hella LEDs to mount on Roo, but I don't like most of the mounts because they look like a push bar. The one in the pic is exactly what I'm looking for!
    -K

16. subie-roo

Honestly I think I got it on Amazon for $20 and then gave it a few coats of bedliner. Worked perfectly for what I needed it for.

It was a nice looking ride and I miss her dearly. I have a new financial mistake to keep me busy now, she refuses to keep her fluids on the inside

17. subie-roo

18. MN GT

MN GT New Member

Thanks. Light bar seemed to work OK? The reason that I ask is that the Hellas are hella heavy. I'm guessing that as long as you bolt it on in four places, it should be fine.
    -K