GR conrod bearing class action lawsuit

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Mnelson, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Mnelson

Mnelson Well-Known Member

So rumor was true and I received the paperwork for the class action lawsuit against the 2011-16 ej25 turbo con rod brearing failure... Thankfully it came 11 months late.

I'm not sure what I can do from this point since I fronted all of the costs and time/labor to repair the car when the stock bearing spun. Can this paper act like a coupon for 1 free good shortblock from a dealership if I bring in my old core? /s. Or can I submit my own receipts to get a refund, which they claim could happen if an independent shop did the work.

Any advice?

Screenshot_20190313-062515_Gallery.jpg

2. JasonoJordan

JasonoJordan Well-Known Member

Never hurts to respond to the letter with your situation and see what they advise.

3. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

Don't ask these idiots for legal advice.

pillboy, Aegis, JasonoJordan and 5 others like this.
  4. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Hahahahahaha...QFT

5. smoothgangsta

smoothgangsta Well-Known Member

Is your VIN in the affected range listed?

You should not have to currently own the car to participate, and if you have all your receipts and paperwork and your prior car’s VIN is in the range then I would get a consultation with an attorney that deals in car warranty law to see how to proceed, or if there is a number to call see what they say.

6. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

He's right. But all snark aside, you're actually not likely to get much from things like this, and if you consult with a lawyer you likely will not recoup your costs with a settlement.

My advice would be, if you have a friend who is a lawyer, see if they'll give you an idea if you'll actually see anything come of this..... Otherwise, ignore it.

If you're just worried about cost of a stamp to mail it back, then eh, go for it :)

(Source: worked for an FA that consulted with lawyers daily, I've actually asked these questions before)

7. Mnelson

Mnelson Well-Known Member

I've already made it all work out in the end, it would be nice to get a little kick back for the bs.

What you said basically validates what I was assuming would happen.

8. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

Well I wouldn't lie to you

Let me know how it turns out. If you at least get a free fix, that's a win.

9. Nhibbs

Nhibbs Well-Known Member

I have heard of getting a refund for what you paid in repairs for these types of things. It can't hurt to try.

10. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

Obviously I'm not a lawyer....

But that looks like the early oil consumption communications. It's definitely not coming right from Subaru. My understanding was that that was a list of what they were asking as a result of the lawsuit. That said, that was exactly what Subaru gave, extended warranty, and cash reimbursement for any repairs that were paid for out of pocket.

Now, that paperwork says you have to file a claim with them to get reimbursed, but Subaru definitely had a claim system for past repairs directly through them. So something seems a little weird there.

11. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

^^^^
    This is actually another reason why we always would advise people to ignore those

I am also not a lawyer and I'm not trying to give you advice Mike, just relaying experience.