GrimmSpeed Up Pipe Release Group Buy

Discussion in 'Vendor Announcements/Sales/Discounts' started by Justin, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

To introduce our new GrimmSpeed Up Pipe we are starting a group buy.

You are looking at the same outstanding quality as our other exhaust pieces. Folks, this is by far the nicest up pipe i have seen to date(and i've seen almost every other up pipe on the market).

- massiave SS flanges
    - minimal internal steps for maximum flow
    - complete 304 stainless steel construction
    - optional ceramic coating
    - weight reduction over stock piece
    - flex joint that is NOT located in the bend which adds life expectancy to the flex section. many other up pipes have a flex right in a sharp bend so all the exhaust/turbulence is hitting up against it.
    - reduce turbo lag
    - +10whp gain
    - increase exhaust flow to turbo

Adding a non-cat'd up pipe is one of the first things you should do to your Subaru. Arguably one of the best $/HP ratios. Due to emission reasons Subaru has to but very restrictive cats in the exhaust system. With the GrimmSpeed up pipe these cats are eliminated. Another great feature of the GrimmSpeed up pipe is that the inlet is gasket matched so you have a perfectly smoothed out exhaust flow compared to the big step that that tiny stock inlet has.

Adding a non-cat'd up pipe is one of the first things you should do to your Subaru. Arguably one of the best $/HP ratios. Due to emission reasons Subaru has to but very restrictive cats in the exhaust system. With the GrimmSpeed up pipe these cats are eliminated. Another great feature of the GrimmSpeed up pipe is that the inlet is gasket matched so you have a perfectly smoothed out exhaust flow compared to the big step that that tiny stock inlet has.

Applications:
    02-07 WRX
    04-07 STi
    04-07 LGT
    04-07 FXT
    04-07 Baja T

GROUP BUY DETAILS

Dates: Group Buy will end on October 26th

Pricing Tiers
    1-5 Participants: 164.99
    6-12 Participants: 159.99
    13-19 Participants: 154.99
    20+ Participants: 144.99

OFFICIAL LIST:

As an option we can treat the pipes with our Ceramic Thermal Coating for $20. Shipping to the lower 48 states will be $10. We also carry the RemFlex Graphite Up pipe gaskets... up pipe>turbo is 15.99 and the manifold>turbo is 15.99. We recommend getting the graphite gaskets to ensure you have a leak free system.

Justin Grimm
    www.grimmspeed.com
    AIM: GrimmSpd

[​IMG]

we port down the pipe to flange connection so there is absolutely the smoothest exhaust flow as possible. something the competitors definitely DONT do.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Nuke

Nuke Well-Known Member

Will these come with an EGT bung or not?
    I'm sure members would like to know that

Quality on GrimmSpeed parts = A+++

3. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

verbage added about th egt bung. in short an egt is not needed.

4. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

I would like to see the dyno graph of the +10whp please. If that is true, I will pick one up. I have never seen a uppipe give a extra 10whp since the start of the wrx's in the states.

Russ

5. Soupboy

Soupboy Well-Known Member

Can you coat in STi pink?

6. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

I would think a 10whp increase on stock catted uppipe car would be possible with a little tuning. Pipes look nice Justin.

7. Iroc-Z

Iroc-Z Well-Known Member

Where is the EWG?

8. pksublime

pksublime Well-Known Member

what colors can yo coat in?

9. 6MTizzle

6MTizzle 2SLO

+1 I have to buy one of these this winter. I'm going to need to go with the UR if you guys aren't setting these up for EWG. Hopefully you guys can make that happen, I'd rather buy local!

10. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

lol no, sorry we cant.

exactly. i've seen our customers make 15whp with our PnP manifold so 10whp is definitely attainable since you are taking an entire cat out.

not being released yet. you have PM.

black or blue.

they will definitely be out before winter.

11. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

I have also seen people loose power on your pnp manifolds. Just looking for some data to back up the claims.

Russ

12. Shane86

Shane86 Well-Known Member

Unless your running STX or STU class autocross..... in which one is needed.
    Oh well.

I also 2nd Russ.
    Proof.
    Scientific method is that it's not true unless proven true, under re-produceable circumstances.

13. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

you have? please shoot me a PM and we can discuss. i'm assuming the customer must have had a wastegate issue if someone were to lose power by making their exhaust free'r flowing.

we're not releasing dyno graphs yet because we dont like to release dyno graphs of our own until we can see some customer graphs out there to make sure ours coincide with their and are not off because we dont like to put graphs out there that are not attainable.

trust me guys...i like seeing dynos just as much as you...i just got this out late last night so give me a little time.

14. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

once i find some egt bungs i'll have an option to get the bung on there...

15. Nuke

Nuke Well-Known Member

how about cars that don't have them, sti or new wrx?

16. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

What is the ID of the up-pipe?

17. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

lets keep it civil.... justin any idea of this being compatible with older turbo legacy headers??

18. EtchyLives

EtchyLives Well-Known Member

That's my question, too.

19. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

my vote would be that 8 out of the 10 hp would be from the LITTLE tuning...

product looks good......

still my $90 ERZ one has worked well for over 2 years now - no flex - no leaks...

20. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

Some Napa stores carry them.... try calling around.. also try some of the older Midas or Car-x stores... my tech worked at a couple of them a while back and he said they carried them all the time....

21. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

48.6mm which comes to about 1.9x inches. i wanted to go with the maximum inlet diameter as i could but with still allowing a little wiggle room for the gasket during installation. this way there is absolutely no step in flow.

thank you 3rik. i actually think subaru has use the same turbo exhaust manifold design for most of the turbo'd cars. with that said, it should fit.

answered above...

Justin

22. Shane86

then it doesn't matter, but the new WRX isn't competitive in any ST* classes anyway.
    if it had it from the factory, since it's a part of the emissions system, it has to be installed.

23. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

how would they ever know? and does any of the other drivers really car if you have an egt installed.

i really dont know autox laws....but if they say you cant take the egt out, how the heck do they let you change out the entire up pipe for something much faster flowing? its like saying "you cant take out your ash tray but you can definitely put on a huge turbo".

24. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

here is a dyno from Greg at PDX of just an up pipe vs. stock up pipe. PDX wasnt trying to sell up pipes or anything(they dont make them), greg was just screwing around on the dyno one day. Note: this is not our up pipe but from an up pipe that is very similar to ours.

i'll let you draw your own conclusions to what it gained...

View attachment 6487

25. bikerboy

I am not trying to pick a fight!

So with that said. Why would you not test your own product? Your trying to sell these as better with no testing information of your own. It would seem to me that the best way to sell your product as better would be to test it yourself properly and have the testing data to prove it.

Its a perfect time of year for it. You can put a stock car on a dyno and make three pulls. Take the car outside and open the hood and let it cool off for an hour. Remove the stock headers and up-pipe replace with your pieces and put it straigh back on the dyno and make three pulls. Now you would have the data to prove your product is superior.

26. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

i guess i dont see anyting in my paragraph that was saying you were by any means and if it did i apologize because thats not what i was trying to do. i agree with you 100%, dyno plots are good to see!

as for testing, i dont see where i said i never tested it. i said we use actual customer dyno plots when showing gains because i feel they hold more validity to potential customers than our own dyno plots. do you disagree, do you feel like you believe a companies dyno vs. an actual customer's dyno?

27. bikerboy

I just didn't want people to think that I was trying to start something. I was already warned above to keep it cival.

If you did your own testing then why would you use someone elses graph that is not even your pipe? I would think it would be best for you to publish your own dyno testing of your products gains as part of the better design you advertised. In addition to that your customers testing would even further validate your own dyno testing results.

28. SubeN'Siren

SubeN'Siren Well-Known Member

I for one get the point that Justin is trying to make by not posting a dyno by his own company...
    There are places out there that claim x amount of HP out of a certain part, anyone that knows much knows it can vary significantly from car to car.
    I would take more stock in a customer's dyno results, than the results of a companies test mule. (more of a real world simulation).
    At the same time, having a dyno of the actual part (whomever the source) would be nice to see.

I am considering buying this piece, and would be happy to post before and afters, but the trouble is, I plan on doing the PNP manifolds, x-over, UP-P, DP and tune all at once, so it would'nt really show the difference that the UP alone would make...

29. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Car?? Mods?? 300whp on a stock car is a bit much. I am guessing there is more going on than a stock wrx to get up to the 300whp numbers.

But as of right now, Justin is that company. he is quoting someone else's dyno graph of someone else's parts. He isn't even quoting a dyno graph of HIS parts.

Again, dyno your parts, prove that they make the claimed power and tell me to STFU.

Russ

30. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

Russ,
    STFU! Stop hating. As far as I can see, you have turned into a major ass latley. It's obvious your jelous of the success Justin has had with this company, what happened to letting him dig his own hole? Back off, dude! :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

31. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

This.

32. Shane86

Your allowed to remove any amount of cats you want, as long as you maintain atleast 1 high flowing one in place of the final OE cat. You can not circumvent any portion of the OBDII electronics that pretain to the emissions check system.

So, no resistors, no removal of EGT Probes, no 02 anti foulers, no down pipes that move the 02 out of the exhaust path, etc..

you can actually run a properly tuned car rather well with the EGT probe in and no adjustments to the ECU. it's been known not to even throw a CEL, which would be protestable as emissions non-compliant and get you disqualified.

This is all just for the ST* classes though, anything after that, and it's fair game to put whatever you want there.

33. Shane86

The funny thing i'm seeing in this whole thread is that people are jumping all over russ for requesting proof.

i want to see the proof aswell.
    so far, i haven't seen any reliable data coming out of grimmspeed equipped cars.
    infact, the only time i recall a stock car being dynoed with a grimmspeed headder, the dyno charts weren't released, under seemingly mysterious circumstances.

Sure, every one knows that replacing the stupid stock catted up-pipe will free up some horse power, but justin here seems to be plugging his new product as superior to other up-pipes. if that's the case, i'd like to see proof of it's superiority, and that the claimed numbers are correct.

As a consumer, i have a right to request proof of claims before buying a product.

34. readymix

****oops wrong thread****

35. AWDimprezaL

im sorry but you know nothing of the actuality.

36. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

So every company out there that makes a downpipe and an uppipe has to release dyo charts? You must be kidding me. Look at the pics he posted of the bends on his pipe vs. the others, that says enough in my mind, and the over all quality of the piece looks great.

I dont see company's like ERZ posting dyno charts of there products. But for people who want to but that stuff, go ahead. Look at the welds on Justin's pieces alone, I would take that over 90% of the pipes out there hands down.

Justin, I would suggest you stop posting your products on this website, you really dont need these haters anyways. :roll:

37. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

WTF are you talking about?? I am NOT jealous of Justin. If I am going to start and run a business that make car parts, I am going to do everything in my power to produce my own results. Then when the customer produces results that are the same or similar to mine that shows my credibility. I guess I am wondering why you are so concerned about me?? Maybe you should STFU and when you start working on your own car you can chime in.

:roll:

Most reputable companies will make dyno plots of their products. It helps sell them. Thats why some products cost more than others. It is called R&D. The companys that produce products that actually make power will get proof that their products make power, not just grab onto someone else's info. Like I said, once he can show some kinda of proof that his product are actually making more power, then I will drop it. I can't seem to find anyone ever actually dyno testing any of Justin's parts. We have alot of new members joining the site, and it would be nice for the local retailers to back up their claims. I have been around for a long time, and I would rather pay for parts that can back their claim than pay for parts the just make claims.

Russ

38. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

Your such a douche bag, work on my own car LOL. Come up with something else would ya. Is that a round about attack at Matt? You know he builds alot of people's cars for mnsubaru members, so you wanna knock on them too? Probably not because your a ***** who got picked on in High School. Sorry you have had your tired 18g setup forEVER and you probably cant afford to do anything else and your jelous of the power i've made with my MULTIPLE setups, but since I didnt install them I cant say anything, right? Im willing to bet I have a better eye for GOOD parts then you do, since you know you dont change your setups at all so what do you know?

Why dont you hop on importimage's sack about there inlet pipe that they didnt produce dyno plots for? Tell me that? Bottom line is, your a hater and you cant stand the fact that Justin is making money his own products and you insist on continuing the battle. What happened to letting him dig his own hole, I think i've herd you say that 100 times,,,,,???

39. readymix

THIS.

40. AspitFire

AspitFire Well-Known Member

never a dull moment around here, this stuff keeps me sane here at work. lol

41. AWDimprezaL

popcorn

42. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Ahh no, not attacking Matt. Just me making a comment on how you know so much about parts but you never having actually installed any. But I guess this is going to go nowhere since Justin is obviously paying you to be a sack rider.

Dream is correct, I am wrong. I will have a mod ban me. You win the war, congrats.

Russ

43. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

THIS! SOMEBODY BAN THIS FOOL!
    :laugh:

And you still didnt answer my questions, coward.

44. readymix

Um. Justin paid nobody. It doesn't take money for any of us to realize you've been a sack of ass around here lately. This thread is proof positive.

45. predavore

predavore Well-Known Member

How f'n disrespectful of everyone to trash a vendor's sale thread. This is extremely off topic and should be edited out of the thread. Keep this up, and we won't have people taking the time to put out a nice, well-built product. Go ahead and buy your eBay items and get a dyno sheet from them... or not. Either way, deal with the crappy product and no support.

Justin, let me know when you get to 20, I might get on board then. I can't justify spending any more at this point, but I like what I see. I will be doing some exhaust work at the end of the month. Good as time as any to swap a new part in. I'd like to talk to you more about it.