GrimmSpeed Up Pipe Release Group Buy

Discussion in 'Vendor Announcements/Sales/Discounts' started by Justin, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

I agree, somebody should edit this out. I just dont see how certain people demand dyno plots when they dont even dyno there own damn cars. :roll: And im not talking about you, predavore.

2. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

MULTIPLE shots fired..

3. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

I have archived this thread FOR GREAT JUSTICE!!!

4. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

mods, please do not edit this thread.

Justin - thread starter.

5. AWDimprezaL

agreed on the disrespect part....i mean holy ****

6. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

erik and steph, please delete your last two posts.

7. AWDimprezaL

Since you asked nicely....in 3 minutes

8. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Ok, since I didn't stoop down to your level the first time, you still call me names like you are 10. Whatever. I don't need to as Import image for dyno plots because he is not claiming a 10+whp gain by installing one. I am not a hater because Justin has his own business. I have had 2 of them. Not a big deal. I think you need to just calm down a bit. You are getting a little worked up over this whole thing.

As for my tired as 18g setup, well atleast it is all paid for and the car is paid for. I figured it was better to buy a house than go out and piss away $5k+ in car parts every other year so I could be king of the dyno. As of now I wanted a car that does what mine does. I am not looking for monster power, never have been. If I want to build a big number car that can do from rolls, I shure as hell would not use a Subaru.

Again, grow up. My questions have nothing to do with you. I was just asking if he had a dyno plot OF HIS PARTS, not some 3rd part plot of a 3rd party part.

Russ

9. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

My car is paid for, all my parts were paid for in cash, and I own a house. And your still a douche bag.

10. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

Oh and for the record., i've had:

Stock WRX
    Stage 2 WRX
    Stock STi
    Stage 2 STi
    20G STi
    GT35R STi

So ya, i've had it all and I know what parts are good and what parts are not. Not to mention all paid for in CASH! So have fun with your 5 year old 18G automatic setup, sounds like a blast to me :roll:

11. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

^ can you continue your bashings somewhere else please. i really dont see how this relates to justin's new uppipes. (dont answer that). its just getting out of hand, please take this elsewhere.

12. WRXEcho

WRXEcho Well-Known Member

:hsugh:

13. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

Look I will chime in here just this last time...

Me and Justin havent had the greatest of online dealings in the last 6 mths... but I have to congratulate him on stepping out and really going after this business stuff... yes HE hasn't built any of his own product (and I argued back and forth with him a lot) and yes he may or may not be importing these products from 3rd world slave labor camps ha ha, but he is making a go of things... It's the American dream...

WHo fricken cares who has what fricken car or who's ball sack is bigger... they are friggin subaru's for F&*^((cks sake... JUST A CAR!!! hell I would take Mike Wagners Excursion with the chip over any of the cars on here.. hell it would probably give 75% of the cars on this club a good run especially frum roll....

I agree if Justin aka Grimmspeed is making claims he should at least back them up... otherwise he is only doing himself / his company an injustice long term... hell its America and you just have to look at the cable networks to see that any d1ckhead will buy something if he is told its better then it is.... like stated earlier.. I purchased an ebay up-pipe almost 3 years ago.. never even replaced the gaskets from factory _ NOT 1 ISSUE yet... but I never got a dyno sheet proving anything....

I think the pissing match between Dream, Russ etc, goes beyond a car part for sale... I believe each side has issues but fails to see them... STFU all of you... this is one of the many reasons I am not venturing onto this website very often anymore.. its turned NASTICOCK...

Justin - Congrats on doing so well.... Just remember where you started... small time, trying to help enthusiasts (not just make money) eyah back in the days of my ****ty looking x-overs ha ha ha... (but they worked - except for 2 out of 80 or so) keep chasing the Dream etc etc....

I know that ownign a business has its ups and downs.. I sold mine cause I didnt like the stress and we started losing the dream we had... a simple life etc etc... Maybe you will make it bigtime, maybe it will come crashing down on you when stuff fails or whatever... deal with it when it / if it happens professionally...

Again... people take the crap kicking elsewhere... who needs proof that there are jerks on this site... hell I have been called one too so in all honesty I couldnt give a sh1t what 99.9% of the people on here think of me, only what my kids and wife see in me... so with that being said... I dont care for what you all think of each other either... its the friggin internet... STFU and get this place back to a fun club / forum again..

again Justin... Congrats... dyno proof is your friend.. it will either shut em up or prove em right either way you are gonna sell em...

14. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

+1 well put

15. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

thank you nathan. you and i think alot alike sometimes. the only thing i have to absolutely and 100% disagree with you is the "slave labor" comment. this couldnt be the furthest from the truth. most companies suppliers are very secretive things and so are mine...but i will tell you they are among the top as far as quality. also, making these up pipes isnt cheap at all...we arent bpm :)

I'd like to thank dream and readymix for backing me up against people that are haters. Its hard running a business and having people be complete jackarses to you because i now really have to watch what i say, so its nice to have people to help you out.

and one last word...CHRIST, its a freaking up pipe people. this is absolutely nothing new to subaru so stop acting like it is. 10hp gains are 100% feasible and if you dont think so then i guess i dont know what to tell you. i'm still holding my ground that customers actual dynos hold sooo much more value than any dynos i could ever produce....but thats just how i see it i guess. i'd much rather read a post on nasioc about someones personal gains with a product vs. having the products vendor tell me some number or show me some dyno. there is no room for dishonesty when you see the dynos from your average joe on some forum.

i love my job. i can handle haters. if you want TONS of reviews about grimmspeed i urge you to just search "grimmspeed" on nasioc and choose for yourself what type of company and what type of product we make. here's a head start for you... http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/search.php?searchid=11021437

Thanks to all of you for your support.

Justin Grimm
    www.grimmspeed.com
    AIM: GrimmSpd

16. EtchyLives

EtchyLives Well-Known Member

Justin, in spite of the drama I'm willing to buy one of your uppipes.

I know what an uppipe does, and I want it done. I don't really care about HP (I drive a 14 year old Legacy for Pete's sake) I just care about spool. Put me down for one. Thermal coat it and add both gaskets.

17. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

Due to the high demand of our new up pipe we have SOLD OUT. We will have more in stock in two weeks. If you would like to get on our pre-buy list please email us at [email protected].

18. predavore

predavore Well-Known Member

Sweet product! I put mine in last night. Everything fit well. I learned a few things while putting it in. (like don't tighten nuts down until you get everything in place.) I noticed the difference right away. The turbo comes on so much faster (at least on my 02). Everything on this item was well done nicely. Not a hard install at all. (I had it up on a lift :-P ) Good stuff.

Oh yeah...
    Justin, thanks for answering my questions. That kind of customer service/support is just as much of a reason why I bought from you (plus the high quality up pipe).

19. wall of tvs

wall of tvs Well-Known Member

Good to hear everything went well! If I already didn't have a very nice uppipe (I've got a Crucial), I'd totally jump all over this one.

20. predavore

predavore Well-Known Member

One thing I heard is that when you eliminate the EGT (everything says totally not needed), you probably need to put a resistor in the empty harness to eliminate the CEL. Some cars need it some don't. Mine did. Within 20 miles I had a CEL. I put the resistor in today. Drove 40-50 miles already. No CEL.

After resetting the ECU, I drove it more. I really feel a difference in 4th and 5th gears. Highway accelleration is soooo much smoother and powerful now. I can say there is definately a power increase, but is it HP or torque or both? How much? Can't say, I didn't dyno. But I'll say it one more time... There is definately a difference. (for the good)

21. 1_sic_rex

1_sic_rex Well-Known Member

I will need one of these... put me on the list for the next order.

22. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

ok. i will add you to the prebuy list for the next order. that is already starting to fill up but you can still get one for sure on the next order. pm me your full name, email, and address.

Justin

23. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

I just wanted to let everyone here know that today is the last day for this group buy. Also, on NASIOC we have a long list of people on the group buy so if you want the pipe for a crazy good deal click here:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1363216

Thanks!

Justin