GT-Spec Header

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by Sogonerg, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

2. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

A beautiful creation. Please provide a review once you install them on your car and go out to whoop some ass.

3. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

I wish I could park my car upside down and stare at this GT-spec all day long. It is a very nice, well made peice. Even Mike had a smile installing it. It definately gives your car a deeper nice rumbling sound. So if you have a deep sound to your exhaust, it will now rumble with this header. Also I did notice quite a bit more torque at top end with the VF34. I shouldn't say quite, it was very noticeable. Also after installing this header and upgraded koyo radiator, my EGT temp dropped an astonishing 200 degree at cruising speed...I knotted my head a bit...that was a dramatic drop...Since the headers doesn't retain heat like the stockers, plus the new radiator. It made a BIG different in the air flow. Normally I'm @ 10-10.5 on the EGT gauge, now I'm at 8-8.5.

4. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

that one comes with a new uppipe too doesn't it. looks like the bolt pattern wouldn't match up to a stock or similarily stock mounted uppipe.

5. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

Yes...it does come with it's own up-pipe...It is a 3 bolt pattern, stockers are 2

6. igofast

igofast New Member

To be fair, most of the gains you feel are from replacing the up-pipe. That up-pipe cat is a killer in terms of heat retention and performance degradation.

7. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

Oh...I had a ugpraded up-pipe already there before...Helix, but the gt-spec looked sllightly bigger though as we compared up-pipes.

8. MPLSREX

MPLSREX Well-Known Member

Those are beautiful! What was the price on the headers?

9. JiDM_WeRX

JiDM_WeRX Well-Known Member

500ish

10. RichWRX

RichWRX Well-Known Member

Nice, I have the same headers