Help Wanted - Prototyper

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by silver03, May 6, 2022.

1. silver03

silver03 Well-Known Member

I am working with one of my favorite companies to find an outdoor power equipment prototyper. This person needs to be able to weld, machine, paint, build tooling fixtures, and have a baseline knowledge of hydraulics. With that knowledge, you will fabricate, build, test, and instruct assembler procedures. This role reports directly to the VP of operations. North metro -$31-33/hr. M-F perm role. The privately held company is a smaller one with ~80 employees recently having celebrated its 100-year anniversary and currently undergoing a sizeable building expansion. Hand raisers?

Nhibbs, EricS, JasonoJordan and 2 others like this.
  2. silver03

New role. Again, one of my favorites (I only have 3 favorites). We are working on a very interesting role with a very interesting company in the southwest metro. They are looking for a (mechanical or talented manufacturing) engineer to aid in experiment design and process development for their smaller medical coatings/films company. They have a 20-year history of steady growth and customized solutions for their med device customers. Over the past 5 years, revenue has tripled and a couple of years ago they built their own building in Chaska. I cannot speak highly enough of the CEO and leadership team there. This brilliant "island of misfit toys" is looking to pay ~90k give or take. Hand raisers?

3. silver03

Hopefully an easier one-Sales Engineer for a medical coatings company in SW metro. Someone who is a very organized people person (customer facing) ideally with an engineering or chemistry education or background. 2 or 4 year or no degree as long as they can do the job. 60-65k with the same company as above. Let the hand raising begin!

4. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

*sits on hands...

silver03 and tangledupinblu like this.
  5. silver03

Next up is with Michael Foods (a subsidiary of Fortune 500 Post Holdings) in Chaska. We are looking for a number of skilled maintenance technicians, including electrical and refrigeration. A lot of automation. Pay and shifts will vary. Hand raisers? Cody, the drive would suck for you (again)...sorry my friend,

euro and Krazylegz1485 like this.
  6. JasonoJordan

JasonoJordan Well-Known Member

Maintenance is hard to find for sure. Im looking for multiple guys myself in northern Minnesota.

silver03 likes this.
  7. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

City of East Bethel is hiring a maintenance person right now and I'm considering applying. Nice short drive to work (like 5 minutes) and probably has sweet benefits, but I'm really hung up on the plowing snow thing. That would suck. And I like to snowboard.

8. silver03

Welder/Fabricator M-F 6-230 Fridley. Weld test involved mostly TIG, and a little bit of MIG. Stainless/carbon steel. Your own weld bay with a lot of variety. $25-30/hr.

Krazylegz1485 likes this.
  9. silver03

Lead Assembler M-F 6-230 M-F Fridley. We are working with a well-established material processing company in the north metro looking for that next great final assembly lead. A very hands-on role overseeing a team of four M-F first-shift assemblers in addition to having your own work bay. The job is interesting and challenging in large part due to the lack of cookie-cutter builds according to the current retiring lead. If you have people and technical skills and enjoy puzzles and model building, this may be worth investigating. Low 30's+/hr.

10. silver03

And on behalf of all MNSubaru members, please join me in congratulating Cody for scoring this gig with a 25% pay increase!

11. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Congrats brotha!:frantic:

12. silver03

Wanted-Buyer 10M annual spend in the north metro. Outdoor power equipment. Would love love love to find someone with sheet metal and plastic injection molding purchasing experience. A job with potentially many hats once they discover what else you're good at. 70-75k

Attached Files:

tangledupinblu and euro like this.
  13. Nhibbs

Nhibbs Well-Known Member

Are you a full time recruiter?

pillboy likes this.
  14. silver03

Some weeks ;)...but yes.

Nhibbs likes this.
  15. silver03

"Find us another Cody" is what I have been tasked with. Looking for an assembler as described in post #9. @Krazylegz1485 please chime in on this.

16. silver03

North Metro Manufacturing Supervisor

Looking for this person: (My pitch)

As a seasoned manufacturing recruiter based in Minnesota, I specialize in connecting talented professionals with opportunities that match their expertise. If terms like CNC, lathe, laser, saw, and Mastercam are integral parts of your daily work, I'd love to chat.

Moreover, if your resume showcases your abilities in supervising, leading, or managing teams, I'm particularly interested in discussing potential opportunities with you.

Our client in the Twin Cities is renowned for its innovative approach to outdoor maintenance equipment. Over the years, they've revolutionized the industry by introducing patented technologies and features that enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of their product lines, which are utilized globally. The role we're currently recruiting for is pivotal in driving this innovation forward.

The essence of this position can be summarized in two words: create and coordinate. We're seeking individuals who can not only contribute creatively to product development but also effectively coordinate various aspects of the process. This is a role for a strategic thinker, someone who can envision the big picture and steer the company toward continued success.

I invite you to explore this exciting opportunity and discover why our client has stood the test of time in the industry. Let's connect and discuss how your skills and experience align with this role.

Krazylegz1485 and tangledupinblu like this.
  17. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

I feel like a standing ovation is in order!

silver03 likes this.