hesitation problem

Discussion in 'Modifications And Maintenance' started by imprezed, Feb 13, 2007.

1. imprezed

imprezed Well-Known Member

OK, so i had my motor out this past few weeks. I was just to busy to get it back in. I was going to do the 2.5, but ran out of cash, and i needed to return the parts i bought, so i put the 2.2 back in. But here in lies the problem, i have a intermitent hesitation problem. I replaced the plugs, wires, fuel filter. Did a 3m fuel system clean on it, seemed to work for alittle while. Then it hestitated on the way over to my friends shop. I'm a mechanic, but this is just bugging me. I tested the fuel pump, works perfect. fpr is good. got spark. coil is fine. my auto teacher thinks it's a fuel problem, but i just can't figure out what. What else is there between the fuel pump and injectors? i mean, fuel pump is just lines up to the fuel filter. one hose from that to fuel lines to fuel rail. then straight to injectors. flow tested the injectors and they are all working just fine. if any of you have any ideas, i'm willing to listen and try. i just want it running better.

2. prezawagon

prezawagon Well-Known Member

My 2.2 had a really bad hesitation when the knock sensor went bad. Might be something worth checking out. Is your check engine light on or has it been on at all since this has been happening?

3. Threshld1

Threshld1 Well-Known Member

knock sensor is a biggie, the old gray connector style sensors are known to fail/crack without throwing a code. When i changed mine the body was split all the way around. Getting a new one might not be a bad idea regardless, they are only ~$50 new
    Also check your timing belt to see if it jumped a tooth. See if there are any other stored codes. Ive been fighting a hesitation problem with my 22T for a while now. Coil pack?

4. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

+3 knock sensor

5. 99legacy

99legacy New Member

prob a knock sensor, had mine replaced didnt throw a cell but fixed the problem