Hey, finally signed up around here

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Jakezor, Apr 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jakezor

Jakezor Guest

Hello everyone, I finally hit this place up after being @ NASIOC for a while.

Name is Jake, I live up in White Bear Lake, drive a PSM '02 sedan.
    No performance goodies just yet, because I've been competing in USACi for sound quality.

Here is my install book:
    http://gallery.mypearl.us/picturebook

I don't have any good system pics, as I just started cleaning my car from all the crud that built up over the winter. Soon though.

All I've got otherwise are a V1 w/ remote display and a Kartboy short shift kit (I have the bushings but haven't installed them yet).

I went to the 'meet' at Morries Subaru in BP (that day it snowed a ton out) but I didn't know anyone so I didn't stay long.

Anyway, just thought I'd introduce myself.

2. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

welcome Jake:

just as an FYI alote of us hang out on friday and sat. night at firestone on university near porkies. Hope to see you out.

M

3. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

Welcome Jake :D! got a system or something?

Yia YIA

4. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

Your work looks good. Glad to see you finally posting! We need the newbies to show off their cars/modifications to spicen up the next upcoming meets.

There are still a lot of guests not posting. That'd make this forum more valuable to others when there's more information floating around.

5. Jakezor

Jakezor Guest

Yeah I got a little bit of a system ;)

Pioneer DEX-P9
    Pioneer DEQ-P9
    Kicker RS5 components
    PPI PC2200
    Kicker RMB6 midbasses
    PPI PC4200
    Elemental Designs O series subs
    Kicker XS50

Firestone, pardon my ignorance but what type of place is that? What crossroad is closest to Porky's?

6. Zola

Zola Well-Known Member

The actual lot is the NE corner of University and Aldine.

7. Gspot

Gspot New Member

Wow, how many pounds of dynomat is that!? Maybe you can help me install some components in a few weeks. =)

8. Jakezor

Jakezor Guest

heheh I think I dropped the back end around an inch or two from all the weight.

The dynamat is a resonable 80 pounds or so (around 150 square feet of coverage), the 3/4" MDF is the killer. If anyone has a stock 02/03 sedan I'd like to compare ride height.

Gspot, yeah I could help ya, I've had that interior apart more times than I can count. Hell I drove around for 2 weeks with only the driver seat in it! lol

9. balatroWRX

balatroWRX Guest

yeah Im at stock height for now. I might try to get to firestone tonight and it would be my first time out there also;) If I don't make it there I will forsure be going to Damons on Sun.

10. Gspot

Gspot New Member

Any recommendations on components for under $200. My goal is to eliminate the need for subwoofers, I'm not really an audiophile as I dont have the money for it.:D I was thinking MB Quart or Diamond Audio. I have a 400w Directed 2 channel.

11. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

Welcome Jake,

Looks like you do some pretty nice clean Car Audio installs :D I notice you also have a nice collection of fire arms as well.

Chong ;)

12. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Gspot

Any recommendations on components for under $200. My goal is to eliminate the need for subwoofers, I'm not really an audiophile as I dont have the money for it.:D I was thinking MB Quart or Diamond Audio. I have a 400w Directed 2 channel.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Gspot,

Your a funny guy, you just named two of the most expensive name brands out there! Who you trying to fool :D

Chong

13. Jakezor

Jakezor Guest

Thanks Chong, shooting is my other big (read spendy) hobby. I always wonder how many people browse around my gallery page after getting a link to a specific section.

Gspot:
    If you don't want subs, I would consider adding midbass speakers. However unless you are willing to do kick pods then your options decrease dramatically. If you can accept the smearing of the soundstage, you could put midbasses in the rear doors or rear deck and not really have to fabricate anything special. I can demo what a system with and without midbasses are like for you guys sometime. You don't have to have money to be an audiophile, just the will to DIY then. Comps, hmm I don't know if any of the MB Quarts have any sets that are big on the low end, from my little experience with them I know they excel at midrange and highs. Think you could do a small 8" sub infinite baffle off of the rear deck? If you do the work to seal it up, it wouldn't require much wattage at all.

14. Gspot

Gspot New Member

15. Jakezor

Jakezor Guest

You will at the very least, need to make or buy some spacers. most components are too deep for Suby doors. A couple places on NASIOC sell spacers that fit perfectly, or you can buy from a local shop, or if you can cut a circle out of plywood or MDF you can do that too.

Hmm, it looks like the Diamonds can handle much more power than those particular MBQuarts. Which exact Directed amp do you have? Is it really 200W x 2 or is that a max rating.

Boston Acoustic Pro speakers are quite good. The Rallys and above are supposed tobe superb. But they also have a couple component series below that.

16. Gspot

Gspot New Member

Yeah I was planning on getting spacers from someone off Nasioc. I think the amp is actually around 125 x 2. I'd probably upgrade to a 4 channel eventually though.

17. Jakezor

Jakezor Guest

hmm I'd really lean towards the Diamonds if you have 125W on tap per side.

18. subi_2.5rs

subi_2.5rs New Member

welcome jake...nice...gotta hear the system...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.