HiFlow Crossover - redesign FINALLY here (spy photos)

Discussion in 'Vendor Announcements/Sales/Discounts' started by Justin, May 5, 2007.

1. AspitFire

AspitFire Well-Known Member

But 06-07 and fxt can use a 02-05 manifold and cross pipe correct?

2. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

correct, if you swap everything over. you just cant mix-match pieces

3. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

haha i missed this before. great analogy

4. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

now taking pre-orders. nasioc guys are filling up the list fast so get in soon if you want one from the first batch

5. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

FIRST SHIPMENT NOW IN!!
    yep thats right, you can order at our website.
    go to www.grimmspeed.com/store then click on "specialty exhaust"
    we can do either coated or uncoated.
    this first release we have a limited supply so i'd get your hands on one early here if you want one asap.
    Justin

6. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

7. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

Thats some very nice coat join there.

8. Nuke

Nuke Well-Known Member

I agree, very nice coating :biggrin:

9. AspitFire

lol, patting yourself on the back i see ;)

10. Grayguy

Grayguy Well-Known Member

Would this work on a T-leg Manifold/crossover pipe?

11. fobiawrx

fobiawrx Fabiola

better hope those flex bellows are not braided on the inside. or you are going to have some people calling you back saying the its coming apart and going threw the turbo and chipping up the wheel.

12. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

i believe the t-leg manifold design is identical to the new ones so it should fit.

nope, no braids on the inside. just the accordian piece that will function properly without coming apart. you've heard some bad stories with other brands pipes doing that?

13. hella_sti

hella_sti Well-Known Member

I've heard the same thing, too. Any dyno results from this piece? I am still debating if the larger size will help or hurt the spooling performance of this piece. Any unbiased comments available??

Also does the inlet and outlet on the cross pipe match the mainfolds inlet/outlets perfectly??

14. SubeN'Siren

SubeN'Siren Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing, and whether one could wrap the flex piece, and for that matter, could the pnp manifolds and x-over all be wrapped as one piece, then installed, or do you need to put them on separate?

Pardon my newbiness...

15. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

here is a dyno from a PnP'd manifold with stock crosspipe vs. PnP'd manifold with aftermarket crosspipe. Again like most of our dynos that we post we have no connection at all to the person that posted this dyno plot.

View attachment 6488

16. AspitFire

no. thats what happened to his flex section.

17. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Well, I wouldn't want to use that dyno plot anyways. there is 10 degree difference in air temps. Even if you throw out the air temp difference, you still don't gain any power down low, and you are not getting any quicker of a spool.

Russ

18. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

lol ok russ. i've posted a plot that i could find that isnt anywhere related to grimmspeed. 10 degree difference is a difference yes...but 10 degrees is not a huge difference. i advise you to spend some more time on nasioc researching up pipes and crosspipes then maybe we can turn you into a believer that more flow=more power :)(up to a point of course). until then i'm out of words for you. the proof is out there, its just if you choose to see it or not.

hint: search "header comparo"

19. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

Wow, you're reaching.

20. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

no

Erik

21. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

no what?

22. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

Looks like there was tuning done between those two runs. Why would there be a change in the AFR? That change alone could add to the HP. If there was just a straight swap of the part wouldnt the AFR be the same as the previos test runs?

????

23. AWDimprezaL

nevermind

24. driftin240

driftin240 Well-Known Member

You would think so, and I wouldn't think that the 10* would have that much of an effect on the AFR's.

25. AWDimprezaL

i think you need to do another run justin, approach it differently. do 3 baseline pulls, do the swap, do 3 more pulls.

26. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

then video document it, get a Justice of the Peace to sign it yada yada yada....

seriously... I am not sure if I think a 10hp increase is the result of the pipe or not... either way its got to help overall if you wanna mod your car...

either way ... product looks nice... people buy the erz product without dyno charts etc...

in the end who cares.... you will sell em cause there are always people who want to buy shiney pipes whether they help or hinder... especially on nastycock

27. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

yeah i was kinda wondering about that too, however, i know for a fact that the guy that was doing the testing absolutely did not tune the car between runs. this dyno was from a much publicized header comparo thing on nasioc that was run by just a regular member that has no stake in making any of the options in the header comparo better than the other.

any body have any ideas as to why the afr changed with no tuning? i'm sure the answer is in that thread on nasioc but its a million pages long and i dont have the time to search through them to find it.

28. fobiawrx

fobiawrx Fabiola

lol!!

29. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

.....?

30. fobiawrx

fobiawrx Fabiola

its funny to me?

31. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Well, then why don't you just dyno YOUR parts and stop leeching everyone else's numbers? Then you can tell me to stfu. I would advise you to also do some research on air flow before the turbo. Bigger is not better. Multiple changes in pipe diameter slow down the velocity. Maybe you need to do some reading.

Hugs and kisses

Russ

32. AWDimprezaL

Russ, Justin is being civil, why are you biting his head off? relax.

33. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

I am being civil. I am just replying to his insults of my knowledge. Actually, I am kinda of suprise that more people have not asked for dyno plot of his parts. Before I spend my money I would like to see how it works in the real world.

Russ

34. drofnums

drofnums New Member

During the time between dyno testing, the dyno operator changed the A:F filter on the dyno (or something like that). So A/F is not comparable between those runs. In any case, the dyno plot runs show the header/crossover running richer meaning less power. No tuning was done, but the runs all use an OTS Stage 2 Accessport map, and the cars were allowed to learn thru heavy driving for a couple of days.

Note also that was a Crucial Racing Header/Injen crossover used for the dynoplot. Crucial Racing PnPs headers to 43mm and matches it with the injen crossover at 44mm. This new Grimm crossover is a bit bigger. If the PnP manifold by Grimmspeed is only 43mm, then the 50mm crossover MAY be a bit bigger than need be, with a bit more lag.

35. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

hmm...i didnt know dyno operators can change a:f or however that works. fwiw, crucial dropped the injen crossover and now only carries ours. again the above dyno is very similar to ours inhouse testing which is why i posted it. a dyno that just shows upgrading the crosspipe to a free'r flowing one does actually produce results...that is all.

36. AspitFire

ok, can we all agree if we throw a part on our cars, that it just isnt going to produce magical numbers without a "tune" i know the tune helps a lot but thats what a tune is for, to take advantage of the parts you throw in you need a tune to go with it. so you really cant show dyno numbers of a part you just throw in correct? i mean all this huss and fuss in both of these threads, but i mean come on now

37. Reason

Reason New Member

As a welder myself GrimmSpeed welds are one of the best I seen!

38. TSTRBOY2004

^^^ yeah but they dont weld in house I am sure.....

39. Reason

Reason New Member

My point is their product has some of the best welds I seen in the market.

40. TSTRBOY2004

thats fine.. just saying 'Grimmspeeds welds' insinuates they weld them.. ha ha now we know you meant the welds on the Grimmspeed product yada yada.. and yes I agree they are very nice, but probably not hand welded....

41. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

nathan please give it up bro. once/if you get into the aftermarket you'll see how it really is, until then please stop trying to pretend you know how every company does it or how we even do it for that matter. you'll be VERY surprised. so many companies out there even use the same dang suppliers even which i think is crazy....which you'd never find out until you are in the field and really start investigating things.

thanks

Justin

42. wall of tvs

wall of tvs Well-Known Member

Truth. Back in the day, there were only like 3-4 companies that were actually making snowboards for the ENTIRE market.

43. AspitFire

yes...one word for suspension...eibach :laugh: