Holiday Unlimited Car Wash

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by gc8, Nov 21, 2013.

1. tonyv

tonyv Well-Known Member

Holiday's car wash pass limited to just one station or can you use your pass at others?

2. Chris Ruhland

Chris Ruhland Member

@JuStaWRX Do you go to the holiday on Cedar by chance? If so, how does it fair?

3. Stormtrooper1

Stormtrooper1 Well-Known Member

If you purchased at a corporate owned store you can use it at any holiday (also corp owned) they said I could even use mine in WI.

The first day it's only active at the store you purchased though. Once it gets updated in the computers you can use it almost anywhere. There is a list on holidays web site.

4. tonyv

tonyv Well-Known Member

Hmm...So now I have to decide if I want a free month with $30 monthly payments at Holiday or $10 first month and $25 monthly payments at Superamerica. I guess I'll go try SA and Holiday by my house to see which one does a better job before I decide.

5. Stuck686

Stuck686 Member

i like the touch free one. switched my unlimited to pay as u go since I use the Mermaid wash off 394 alot. They do an awesome job. about $14 but includes windows and vacuum as well as hand dry

6. loxx0050

loxx0050 Well-Known Member

I've had both (first Holiday and now SA) wash passes. Most Holiday's are touch free while most SA's are with the big brushes. Don't forget there are taxes tacked onto those monthly fees (it is $26.81 or something a month for my SA and around $32.xx for Holiday).

My biggest complaint is that for Holiday, except for the one I originally signed up with for the pass the RFID sensor thing doesn't work at other stations sometimes. It is a total crapshoot sometimes where it works fine one day and the next you are sitting there waiting for it to register like a deer in the headlights. Never had this problem with the SA pass not reading unless the wash was broken itself. It is a PITA when there is a row of cars you now have to request back up so you can get out since the stupid sensor won't recognize your vehicle (and there is no option to go in there to force it to read).

I've also noticed by my house the Holiday washes are much busier than the SA washes (forget about trying to go to a Holiday wash in the winter the first day after a crazy cold streak where it is warm enough for the washes to be running). So far at SA I've never run into a long wait as it seems not too many people in my area are willing to pay for car washes at SA.

Only reason I switched is my car came with 3 months free for the SA wash pass I decided to keep it after my trial was over. Otherwise I probably would've stayed with Holiday instead.

7. tonyv

tonyv Well-Known Member

Thank you for the in depth review of both. I think you've made up my mind to go with SA.

8. tehfuzz

tehfuzz Well-Known Member

they have an unlimited deal thats 30 /month for the works . its a good deal for the winter

9. tehfuzz

they have a list of selected locations that honor the unlimited wash pass. should be in this thread.

10. JuStaWRX

JuStaWRX Well-Known Member

I have the Unlimited Pass with Holiday, and I most frequently go to the one on Cedar. I like it just fine, but like many it only has one stall, so if there is a line, I hope that you have Netflix on your phone (I have waited long enough for a full ep of How I Met Your Mother once... maybe not the best use of my time...)

There is another over off of Hiawatha and 38th (?) or something like that that I go to now and then also. Both are touch free, and that's what I aim for as much as possible. The other I used to go to often that I really liked was on Hamline and Marshall in St. Paul.

Here is a link to all of the corporate locations that accept the pass.

http://www.holidaystationstores.com/Carwash.aspx

Chris Ruhland likes this.
  11. Aluminati

Aluminati Vendor

I've been using the carwash pass for a year now.

You have to wait 14 minutes before you can go through again. I've done this lol

jblewis and tehfuzz like this.
  12. Ryan FailRad

Ryan FailRad Well-Known Member

Not if you go to a different wash 5 minutes away... Ask me how I know lol

mtnbykr and tehfuzz like this.
  13. Aluminati

Aluminati Vendor

Haha nice!!

mtnbykr likes this.
  14. Cotts612

Cotts612 Well-Known Member

How good is the undercarriage spray at both? I went to a BP wash and it was pretty lame.

15. Ryan FailRad

Personally I think the ones that drag you through with all the sandpaper brushes have the best under spray, although there's a place Ive been using that just upgraded there touch less wash and now it has some pretty high pressure jets that shoot up and seem like they would do a good job..

16. PandaStep

PandaStep Member

And where might that be?

17. loxx0050

I've never verified how well the undercarriage spray works for either now that I think about it. But from the stations I typically used, the Holiday seemed pretty lame and didn't really get the undercarriage at all (nozzles that moved up/down sprayed as you drove though and it seemed to be more of a quick soak down for the sides of the car/trunk than an undercarriage spray). For the SA one it does seem to spray underneath at an angle so I would believe it hits the undercarriage a little bit. But I have an OB and if it was a low car I wouldn't have much faith in the undercarriage getting sprayed very well.

If you have have really bad buildup in there just go to a spray it yourself on the 50 cent Tuesdays (or whatever day they do it depending on your area) and spray away (sometimes that is the best way to get that ridiculous amount of ice buildup in the open gaps of the rear bumper behind the rear wheels of my OB....it seems to be a never ending supply packed in there).

Cotts612 likes this.
  18. RustenWRX

RustenWRX BANNED

If any of you aren't getting the unlimited but still want cheap car washes you can go to kwik trip and say your a lifetime fitness member. They give you there best car wash ($10) for like $6 bucks plus $.05 off gas.

19. Ryan FailRad

County road j and Centerville road. The one right by the white bear township movie theater

20. Ryan FailRad

That only works if you have a lifetime fitness card..
    (Edited for idiocy/legality)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2014
    PandaStep likes this.
  21. Stuck686

Stuck686 Member

this forum doesnt appreciate a free wash

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2014
  22. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

What's the self-wash place with 50 cent Tuesdays you speak of? I like to stop by self-washes sometimes just for the purpose of spraying off brake dust in the summer

23. xluben

xluben Well-Known Member

Don't they all have 1/2 price Tuesdays?

24. ShortytheFirefighter

ShortytheFirefighter Pokemans. I has none. Staff Member

No, we don't appreciate thieves.

Big difference.

Ctracey218 likes this.
  25. Cotts612

I always go to Brighter Side car wash on Rhode island ave in Golden valley. $1 gives you 3 min with the sprayer. I end up spending $3-4 for a good hand wash.

26. project/driven

project/driven Well-Known Member

And no car wash has an underside wash that is worth a damn. I spent a long ass time working at full service car washes and the time spent with the nozzles spraying your car won't do ****. You have to go to the self serve every once in a while and get that **** by hand

27. ShortytheFirefighter

ShortytheFirefighter Pokemans. I has none. Staff Member

Is that the one off of Medicine Lake Road over by the VFW?

28. loxx0050

The only one I know of is where I grew up over in Maplewood on Larpenteur just off of White Bear Avenue (by that strip mall/Aldrich Arena) and across the street from a dollar theater (don't know if that is there anymore). $1 car washes and they have 50 cent Tuesdays (understandably it is a long wait on those days). It has been a long time since I've been there though so they might have raised the prices. I'd just search around your area to see if there are spray it yourself car washes and what days they have specials.

LawnMaster likes this.
  29. Stuck686

Stuck686 Member

medicine lake and winnetka. behind the walgreens kind of

30. Cotts612

Yep, that's the one!

31. Ryan FailRad

I didn't say it was the right thing to do..

32. RustenWRX

RustenWRX BANNED

Also, the self wash on university and 10 is $0.50 till the 15th of this month

33. JuStaWRX

If you like full service spots, off of 60th and 35W, down by the Cub Foods there is a full service wash that is pretty comparable to most full service places in cost, but they have been quite thorough, and when I was up there about 3 weeks ago, there was a kid working with an older model Forester that was really nice and clean, and seeing my WRX I like to think he took a little extra time helping make mine extra clean inside and out. They also have optional packages for interior/seat cleaning, waxing, and so on, all about $30 (however I have no experience with those services). It's call Dan's Car Wash, 59th and Nicollet.

34. Schikane

Schikane Active Member

I think I'm going to head over to the Arden Hills Holiday in the morning after work and sign up for the unlimited wash for $30/mo. The buy one month get one free is hard to pass up. Is the $30/mo for the ultimate wash or just the premium? If not, is there an ultimate option?

On a side note, why are all the BP car washes so crappy? I've got a BP right down the street from me that I always fill up at and I would like to just get my car wash done there but their wash is horrid.

35. Stormtrooper1

Stormtrooper1 Well-Known Member

Works is 30/month
    Works plus is 39/month

Speaking of crappy washes, there is one in elk River that the wife paid like 9 or 10 bucks for that was less effective than if you just sprayed it down with a garden hose.

36. Schikane

Schikane Active Member

Thanks.

37. JeremyW

JeremyW New Member

I'm definitely jumping on this. Has anyone been to the Holiday on Ipava, in Lakeville??

38. SubieWrex

SubieWrex New Member

39. Volatle

Volatle Well-Known Member

The first year i lived up here, i went with the holiday unlimited car wash pass. It pissed me off 90% of the time by having to wait in line forever. Sometimes 45 minutes if i was the 6th car in line. The amount of time spent waiting in lines, and the fact that it rarely cleaned my car leaned me to try paradise car wash unlimited skipper package "40 bucks after tax" a month. I'm over all satisfied with it. I can decide to upgrade the wash for a pro-rated fee which makes it nice when i want a vacuum. I don't really know if the "rust inhibitor" does very much, but they do make sure my car is dried prior to pulling out the doors. Well worth the extra $8 a month.

40. Chin

Chin Well-Known Member

I went the route of Paradise, as well: Skipper Exterior.

41. JuStaWRX

Waited in line for what seemed to be an eternity for a quick wash this afternoon at the Cedar Ave. location in S. Mpls.

I am heavily debating if the Holiday fast pass is worth it. Early on it was not bad, because not many people had it, so lines/wait times were usually pretty reasonable. Now, it seems like every time that I go by the line is huge, and often something is slightly wrong with it, be it a wonky dryer, low soap, low sprayer pressure, you name it. Switching it from the old car to the new was also an issue with some not so friendly customer service. I may end up looking for a new alternative.

42. tehfuzz

i like it. perfect for me since i park in a heated garage . :)

43. Curry

Curry Well-Known Member

I wouldn't go to the Cedar ave one. You'd be better off driving to another location. Not all locations have good washes and/or are always busy. I luckily have one up by my work so I usually swing by during lunch to avoid any such rush.

44. tehfuzz

which location is that @Curry ?

45. Curry

Curry Well-Known Member

I go to the University Ave store in Fridley. Otherwise I usually hit up the industrial boulevard store.

tehfuzz likes this.