How much could you spend on your car

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Underhill, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Underhill

Underhill New Member

I was just looking on Gruppe-s for prices on coil overs and found lots of tasty CF parts. I didn't know you could get CF doors :eek4: $2000/ea, so I started clicking away, and just on CF exterior pieces I had a bill over $16,000.

2. rabbit

rabbit Well-Known Member

hahah yeah it is pretty spendy. I think if I had the money laying around I would spend about 20 g's to get it the way I really want it. But now I want a 07 forester sport XT converted over to STI.

3. carl

carl Well-Known Member

i put about 16k into my 240sx (chasis only cost me $400)

4. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

Yeah thanks, I think you just ruined my day. :roll: At a quick guess I think my Subaru adiction has cost me over 100k at this point. :eek4: Makes me think what else I could have gotten instead. :emo:

5. esperunit

esperunit Well-Known Member

so far i'm in the hole at least $70K in subarus. more than 100k if we start counting other cars and bike projects.

ah well. I got nothing else I'd spend it on.

6. MNAutomatic

MNAutomatic New Member

I am prolly floating somewhere around 10-12k right now on my baby...and I have enjoyed every dollar spent

7. T-REX5000

T-REX5000 Well-Known Member

i have about 26k invested

8. carl

carl Well-Known Member

spend more on the car than a 4 year degree at private university lol

9. esperunit

esperunit Well-Known Member

I have one of those too, cars aren't the only priority

10. Speedemon

Speedemon Well-Known Member

some people golf, some people go on trips, we go fast!

11. Underhill

Underhill New Member

Um, I was more looking at how much could you spend, like almost unlimited, what would you buy/do? I would love to buy all the carbon body pieces, after building the rest. I'm sure I could spend 40-50k.

12. AspitFire

AspitFire Well-Known Member

i dont think a person could put a price on EVERYTHING they would want for the car considering if the funds were unlimited your setup would change frequintly as well as aero parts and drive line parts..ect..

13. MNAutomatic

MNAutomatic New Member

Well if I had unlimited money to spend on my car I think I would top out somewhere around the 50k mark unless I went into some serious driveline and transmission stuff. Its a real hard question to answer but I think I could make quite the showqueen with that budget...already a 1/5th of the way there

14. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

probably about $12-15k would get my subaru right about how I want it. honestly, I don't think I COULD spend more than ~$20k on this car alone...

I could easily break 10k on my 4runner...without even touching the engine, however.

15. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

12-15K on my car wouldnt be hard to do, from body work, to suspension bits, trannys to turbos...it would be easy

16. carl

carl Well-Known Member

if i had unlimited funds, i would spend an unlimited amount - and still have unlimited funds left lol

17. bikerwriter

bikerwriter Well-Known Member

You think small.

I'd start with an STi, strip it, have the frame reinforced and the seams stitch welded. Full roll cage. Full carbon fiber bodywork. Replace the suspension and transmission with Prodrive units. Have Cosworth build the engine, put the biggest effing turbo on it, maybe a 35. I could probably spend $200-300,000 on it.

But then, I could spend an unlimited amount of money and have Williams build me an entire frame out of carbon fiber. The could build the engine out of titanium, maybe give me a 3.0L H12 with a turbo putting out 1500hp. Carbon-carbon brakes at all four corners plus active aero so I can brake at 4g's. Carbon fiber housing for a fully automatic transmission with shifts measured in milliseconds. Fully active suspension.

Essentially, I'd have an F1 team build me the greatest Subaru EVER. :biggrin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.