HP potential in a WRX?

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Substeroo, Jan 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Substeroo

Substeroo Well-Known Member

What is about the max HP on a WRX with aftermarket parts?

2. Zola

Zola Well-Known Member

On the EJ205 and a stock transmission? I wouldn't even want to speculate, someone has probably already done more than I would guess.

3. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

The few fastest USDM WRX cars are hitting around 10 seconds on the 1/4 mile, and Toni Rigoli has just hit 8.93 seconds in the quarter-mile in Australia (you probably already know that). Based on their times, I'd say the USDM motors are about 400-500 hp.

I'm well past the limit for durability on my EJ20, but I know that I can make my motor have more hp than 300 if I tried. Tuning is key for any motor.

4. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

The easy street wrx is around 850-900 on nitrous. It is jus a matter of how much money you want to spend. If money isn't a consideration, neither is the hp number you want. For the real world people, I would guess 400 (motor hp) or so on the stock block. Fong, with your vf30 setup you are already over 300 motor hp. It all comes down to money, the more you have the more hp you can get.

Russ

5. Zola

Zola Well-Known Member

Dang, I read about the Easy Street car before but I didn't realize they were squeezing that much out of it. Surely that's a built engine...?

6. juno

juno Guest

I would say about 300whp max on a non-built motor. My car was tunned for about 275-280, I didn't want the most aggresive tune. It seemed that everyone that was passing that mark was having the cylinder #4 failure. Ring lads on the piston wrere giving out. Not to mention that the stock transmission will give out it would just be a matter of time.

7. Substeroo

Wow! That's incredible for a 4 banger! I was just wondering because my friend mentioned the AWD VW R34 has something like 247 HP stock and right now there's kits for UP TO 600 HP. I thought that the WRX had more potential though, and it sounds like it does. Who knows, we might see some R34's trying to test the grounds soon. }:)

8. juno

juno Guest

Sorry to correct you, but it's r32 hence the 3.2l vr6.

I am sure those kits are twin turbo kits, but they are mega money. I know there is a canadian company that sells them, they also sell fully built cars.

I really think the r32 is a car marketed for the comfort/luxury/sport person. Allthough I do own a GTi 1.8T, I would'nt get a r32 over a evo or sti.

9. Substeroo

R32 I stand corrected. Thank you. ;)

10. Substeroo

11. imported_n/a

imported_n/a Guest

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Substeroo

Wow! That's incredible for a 4 banger! I was just wondering because my friend mentioned the AWD VW R34 has something like 247 HP stock and right now there's kits for UP TO 600 HP. I thought that the WRX had more potential though, and it sounds like it does. Who knows, we might see some R34's trying to test the grounds soon. }:)
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I just read a review of the r32 and although they though it was very close to Audi quality, an S4 it is not... so even with 4Motion and 247hp (and I think torq is about same) they "only" did 0-60 in 6.0... so a stock WRX should be able to beat this $30k WV of course a VR6 GTI is 6.8 so compared to that the r32 is a big step.

12. Substeroo

I think I saw one the other day on 394 Eastbound. It sounded pretty mean. Dual exhaust, nice and clean too. Still, I bet they're heavy like alot of German cars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.