Ice racing(Deerlodge Resort) Jan-6-8 2007

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by RichWRX, Aug 22, 2006.

1. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

sorry but I wont want a t-shirt... unless you then donate that money to replace the cones... I mean it was funny and all that, but I agree... its respect for others stuff... If I pissed on the front seat of your car you wouldnt be happy, but if I did it to my OWN stuff you would find it funny...

and you can justify the smashing of cones cause Rich was with you DRUNK..... see Drunk is the word.... cause we all make really smart decisions when we are inibriated... Gees Judge, yes I was drunk when I shot my wife.... oops... but I do have this collector shirt in remembrance of the event... ha ha ha ha....

doing something after someone has asked for it not to be done is really disrespectful... and immature... regardless of what you think of the person...

I love to think outside of the antics that happen online on the forum... outside in the real world face to face there would be more maturity and acceptance... didnt really happen... I am all about having fun but not at the expense of other people....

I got home and my wife asked me how it was... My reply.. fun but I doubt I will go again next year due to some of those things... fortunately we had some great guys in our cabina nd had soem fun SOBER talks and hanging around... etc etc... yep SOBER and still had fun...

other than some minor things I think everyone there had a great time and thanks again to Rich and his family for hosting it... and yes I may cop some flack for this post... thats ok... I am not trying to down on the events of the weekend or any one person or persons... it was a good weekend fun time by all... some more than others...

2. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

we know she had a good time...anyone puking all over there arms had a good time

3. RichWRX

RichWRX Well-Known Member

the next race will be much more organized, we will actually keep times.This years got a little out of hand, I hope it doesn't discourage too may people from comeing to another. Next years will have 2 different courses, you will not be allowed on the main course until Saturday when we start keeping times. and the other one will be for ripping s##t up :)

4. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

You know, to be honest, I'll pay 50 bucks for the cones. And if you want, I can make all money from those shirts go to pay for the cones. No big deal. Rich and I have been discussing a way to fund the event from here on out, make things more legitimate and yes, buy cones. There will be more on that later.

I apologize for knocking over the cones. I do. But I also had a great time doing it. And I can't promise I wont do it again next year. Maybe I'll buy a couple dozen road cones, mark them t3hw00t d0t com, and put them out so people can just ram into them. I was also thinking about finding giant inflatable bowling pins.

After I talk with Rich a little more about things, I'll post up the information about some of the changes to next year's Ice races.

5. readymix

Beat me to it.

6. wall of tvs

wall of tvs Well-Known Member

lmao @ inflateable bowling pins

7. Deride

Deride Well-Known Member

LOL can we paint them NEON colors? that'd be awesome.

8. TSTRBOY2004

^^^ Jason, that is what makes you ..... YOU!!! and I mean that in a good way....

like I said I thought it was funny when I heard about it but then I also sat with Mlgez and listened to his frustration over the situation...

it comes down to different perspectives and ideas of what is funny and acceptable.... I like this idea above.... maybe $40 a night and the other $5 form each night go into a kitty or something towards cones, trophies or something....

and yes I will make it up again, maybe... ha ha cause I did have a great time regardless...

maybe we should have a normal night on friday night (calmer not all out trying to out shot each other with 'lite' beer :) ) and then rip it up thewoot style on saturday night... I just see it like we went up as a CAR club and half the people who went were one place and other half elsewhere adn we NEVER really had a CLUB meet style thing... which to me was the point of going up there as a car club... my 0.02 cents....

9. wall of tvs

naturally, they'd be pink

10. Deride

Deride Well-Known Member

Yea, last year we had group shots and all that. People were a bit afraid of parking their cars all together this year for the group pics. It'd be nice to get everyone together at once, but you gotta realize with a group that big it's hard to do that.

11. RichWRX

RichWRX Well-Known Member

there was alot more snow also, so people were not driveing as crazy. if they did they would be stuck on every corner

12. Deride

Deride Well-Known Member

Yea, the lack of snow wasn't helping us. It almost felt pointless to try for timed runs on the courses because they were ruined in a few laps. Hopefully we'll have some snow for the Feb one.

13. readymix

Here, I'll just kinda put out what we've discussed thus far.

On top of your standard 35 dollar a night fee to stay there, you would pay an extra 10 dollars (for the entire weekend) as sort of an upkeep and maintenance fee.

For the intial first season, your 10 dollars would go to fund the following:

Official looking Start/Finish line banner that you could drive under. It would make the start of the course more defined for sure, and cut out alot of the confusion of "where does it start?"

Reflective cones and/or plastic course markers. One of our ideas was those plastic poles they use to tell the plows where the driveway starts...the white ones with Red or Yellow reflectors on top. We could use Red to indicate the outside of the turn, and Yellow to indicate the inside or something to that extent.

Classes. For competition, you would be classed up into something close to your car's level of modification. I'm not talking anything like SCCA rules or any crap like that, but maybe N/A, turbo, Stg2+ and Open. Then we would also purchase a trophy for each class where the person with the best lap time in that class would take home the trophy.

Number Magnets. You all saw the one I had, the number 19 on the magwag...we would assign everyone a number and a number plate would be made for you. The plate would be very similar to mine, with 2008 Ice Races and DeerLodge Resort on it. And you would keep the number when it was all over.

Obviously, 10 dollars might not cover all this, part of the planning phase is figuring out what it is all going to cost then finding a way to cover it.

If you have any other ideas, we'd love to hear them.

14. TSTRBOY2004

I agree with more people it is difficult (especially when drinking is involved... let me correct that.. HEAVY drinking ha ha) but it is do-able...

here's an example....

15. StatGSR

StatGSR Well-Known Member

"Classes. For competition, you would be classed up into something close to your car's level of modification. I'm not talking anything like SCCA rules or any crap like that, but maybe N/A, turbo, Stg2+ and Open. Then we would also purchase a trophy for each class where the person with the best lap time in that class would take home the trophy."

^ classes need to be set for tire type more so than differant powers.

16. Squiggly

Squiggly Squiggly

i agree.. i had the fastest street car there but it didnt do crap compared to the people with snows

17. AspitFire

AspitFire Well-Known Member

am i missing something here?

18. Squiggly

Squiggly Squiggly

sarcasim is hard to detect on the w3bz

19. Deride

Deride Well-Known Member

Rofl! My Car Is T3h F45t0rz!!!$%651

20. AspitFire

AspitFire Well-Known Member

yes son it is :laugh:

21. wall of tvs

Yup.

I think that we should have 3 classes: studded tires, winter tires, and then all-season/summer tires.

It was amazing at how much faster the guys with the winters on were, especially in the slow (and boring, imho) tight corners and slaloms.

22. Deride

Deride Well-Known Member

Yeah, the super technical course is fine if you have good tires, otherwise you end up getting mad because you can't turn your car on that stuff.

23. wall of tvs

Yeah, I guess it might be ok with better tires.....I just don't like putting around in 1st gear, regardless of how much traction I'd have (which was none this weekend, lol).

24. Squiggly

Squiggly Squiggly

hair pins for the loooose

25. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

OMG I had a great time. Thank's to Rich for hosting this event!!

Sorry about the cabin being trashed, its kind of hard to keep the thing clean when we a million people there everyday, WASTED all day and night.

And Matt , sorry about your cones and the F-150 taking some out. Just sent you a pm.

26. Squiggly

Squiggly Squiggly

u shouldnt have to go below 15 mph.. it takes the fun away

27. KSAL

KSAL Well-Known Member

YEah it was a super fun time!! I know i had a really good time! I'm a little sore today and the drive home this morning was one of the worst i've ever had! Still a little tipsy till about noon! But over all i had a real fun time. thanks again rich!!

28. Deride

Deride Well-Known Member

You're almost better off in a higher gear... otherwise you get t3h wh33l sp1nz

29. wall of tvs

Yeah, I made my own little extra turn on the back slalom of the final course.

I would simply just go balls out towards that initial left hander and then do a GIGANTIC drift around the entire slalom and then pick up back at the final cone of the section. It was much more fun that way.

30. TSTRBOY2004

uuumm the lake is larger than 1 small course if you want to go crazy.. God knows you did and were way off course ripping it up, like us all... and controlled driving is the point of a course... anyone can go hard and turn with no hope of driving ability.. I mean we all did all weekend... ha haha

I had winter tires and I still couldnt stay where I wanted... they are SNOW tires NOT glare ice tires... ha ha ha

31. Deride

Deride Well-Known Member

Yea, there were tire tracks EVERYWHERE after we left. People took advantage of the entire bay area there. :)

32. Squiggly

Squiggly Squiggly

i know what u mean... i just (personally) dont think 3-6 hair pins per corse were necessary.. maybe one

33. wall of tvs

Agreed x eleventy.

34. mlgez

mlgez Well-Known Member

OK, I am tired so my thought are a bit jumbled. Hope this makes sense...

I do not want any money for the cones. It was never about that. A true heart felt sorry is all I really needed and an understanding that people need to respect other and there property. The event was a really good time with a few moments of me really pissed off, which I will get over. I would love it if you replaced the cones but do not give them to me. Give them to the club. I am going to give what little I have remaining to the club to use for events. I hope to be able to do more events like this in the future and hope everyone will try to contribute the materials that are required to put on events like this. I am hoping this will get us started.

If you want the shirts buy the shirts that Jason says he is making up. If the money can help the club in any way I think that is a good thing. Thanks Jason for doing something like that. I was just thinking today that it would be cool to have something, beisde the sh** load of pics and videos that we all have (I have a least a few hours of just cars running on the ice), to remember this event.

35. mlgez

mlgez Well-Known Member

Oh and pics go up tomorrow I hope...
    I have plenty of server space for pics and video with a 1.5M connection both ways so if someone needs a good place to put them let me know.

Russ if you read this do you want me to put your photos on my server that I got from you???

36. 02blubru

02blubru Well-Known Member

I did not know she puked all over her arms.. I thought she just puke all over her legs, feet, the first step into cabin 3, and our cooler.

She had a great time, and she looks foward to partying with you all again!! As do I!!!

37. wall of tvs

w00t!

38. Deride

Deride Well-Known Member

haha, I saw the mess on the bottom of the steps when I was done partying... glad I didn't fall into it. :p

As for the cones, if everyone brought a cone we'd have more than we'd ever need. Maybe that's an idea for next time.

39. lindsay138

lindsay138 New Member

Thank you so much Rich for hosting this!!! I had a great time!!!!

40. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

makes perfect sense, and was very well said.

bottom line, lack of respect was at the base of most conflicts this last weekend. I, for one, think we should split up the ice races. one for those who want to drive in the day, and sleep at night, and the other for those who just want to get ****faced and be destructive and immature all night, and hungover and ****ty company during the day.

it would have been nice to not wake up in the middle of the night to all the firecrackers, and I certainly could have done without the mortar going off 4 feet from the sliding glass door on the front of our cabin.

another honest thanks to rich for setting up the makings for an awesome event

and a sarcastic thank you to those who took away from the experience.

41. prezawagon

prezawagon Well-Known Member

Thanks Rich for hosting this event. I had a great time.

I almost didn't go because of the mayhem I pretty much knew was going to happen. But I did my best to just stay away from it and it wasn't a problem for me. For the most part I thought people weren't totally out of control, but I saw a few events that could have gone bad... I agree with having more separation between the people who go up to drink and the people who go up to drive.

42. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

Thanks Rich. it was a fun weekend.

here is what i have been thinking. the cone situation has pretty well been covered. i would like to add to it that IIRC there is some money in the club account that is to be used for club things. cones would be a great use of that money IMO. the whole repsect thing needs some work. not just on cones. i personally dont like getting fireworks shot at me..., i also dont deem it a good idea to be lighting off fireworks in close proximity to EVERYONES cars. sure it might seem a tiny bottle rocket, but it doesnt take much for it to take a wrong turn into some ones car. and trust me fireworks + car paint DO NOT MIX. i personally dont want to have to mess with charred/melted/chipped/cracked paint and i am sure other people dont want to either. then theres the whole deal with shooting them at people on the course. pretty sure i saw a festival ball / mortar almost explode under someones car. hose thigns pack a punch and can do serious damage especailly to a vehichle, plus its down right dangerous. then the fireworks + cabins. i was in cabin one when that shell went off on teh deck. that was f-in scary. it was disrespectful to Rich by potentially damaging the cabin (which wasnt cabin 2) it was also dangerous for the people inside. if it was a few feet over there would be a couple people covered in plate glass and hot sparks (FYI: burning barium nitrate (green shell IIRC) + skin = BAD COMBO) another thing that freaked me out was the idiotic driving after dark. i enjoyed driving the course after dark as did many other people, however it was very unsafe this year becuase of too many people either driving too close or doing stupid stuff way to close to other drivers and the course in general. if you didnt notice after the sun went down ust about all the people serious about driving left the ice, becuase it became unsafe. i was kinda bumed that we did not get to do a group shot. i thought it was fun getting all the car lined up and snapping some cool photos, and hanging out on the ice before everyone left. made for a better conclusion to the weekend. this needs to get way more organized especially with more people coming. also i REALLY dont like the intoxicated people running around with fireworks.

Lastly i want to say thanks to all those who tried to help me work on my car up there, or offered me the chance to drive their car. it definately made me feel included in the event more, and also just plain better about the whole broken tranny thing.

ohh yeah and i am reserving #7 as my number for next year!

43. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

good times. thanks again to rich.

i pretty much agree with everyone that has been said in this thread over the last day. its what happens when t3hw00t personalities mix with mnsubaru personalities.

44. esperunit

esperunit Well-Known Member

just washed my car, there are 2 burn marks on it from fireworks.

If anyone ever shoots one of those things at me again, I'm going to break their arm and beat a dent in the hood of their car with it.

just putting that out there.

Other than that I had a great time, just kind of weird hearing complaints from 2 sides of things all the time, I just tried to do my own thing, and it was enjoyable. I'm pretty pissed about the burn marks though.

45. readymix

Bring it over, I'll polish them out.