I'm new here. I break things. (56k warning- That even still exist?)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Mat' started by RallysportCorey, Nov 2, 2016.

1. RallysportCorey

RallysportCorey New Member

Hi there! I'm Corey.

It would be quite accurate to describe me as the mad scientist guru who although young, has had more experiences than a 50yr old hooker. I have been there, done that, Fixed that, somehow broke that again. This thread will be a quick recap of my Subaru Career. There will be ups, downs, you will likely disagree with many of the decisions I have made and to some, the crazier few, I will be heralded as wise.

It all started with a 00' ford focus. It was CRAP. 2x transmissions at 60K, and the front springs BOTH breaking. this strife let me remember. Fords are crap. After the 3rd transmission I traded it! THAT DAY. Trade a Ford Focus + $400 gets me :

This Brings Me to My 1st Subie, The one that started it all.

2. RallysportCorey

A 2000 Subaru 2.5rs
    146k Blue Ridge Pearl.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Some of you may notice it doesn't look quite right. Obliviously it took me months to know. I was in love, it was awd and peppy and amazing at handling. I had no idea how extensively modified it was or not.

Tein ss coilovers, upgraded rear swaybars, endlinks and a pretty blue pulley.

As with everything it was fun at first. But we all feel the need for speed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. MinnesotaFTW

MinnesotaFTW Well-Known Member

Welcome to the club! I love me a 1st gen Impreza (No bias or anything, duh).

I see you're currently in Nebraska. When are ya coming to the wonderful state of MN??

4. RallysportCorey

2 years went on in bliss. But one day I decided it needed to go faster. I decided it was time for turbo. I was not aware there waqs such a great Subaru community. I made grave mistakes. Horrid and terrible mistakes.
    Ej251 w/ 2003 td04, waste-gate pressure (10psi) greddy emanage blue, wrx 440's and cheap eBay headers, Cut cross member, 03 TMIC w/ hks ssqv3 black, Even with all these things it ran terrible.

As a novice I thought I was the best thing since sliced bread. This was about the middle of my 1st street racing endeavors. I still had not lost even 1 race. Hondas, Integras, pretty much all mustangs, cept the cobras. My motor was getting tired. The car to which I adored had endured abuses and stresses as a teen. Un-tuned and battered the engine finally gave out, while street racing mind you. 25 Miles from home I blew 2 pistons, # 1 and #4. I only found this out after a tear down. This little trooper made it all the way home, albeit with a GREAT clatter. through out its life it had been rode hard and put away wet. "faux" launch control (rev-limiter) had worn my drive-train to catastrophic failure a number of times.
    INSERT PICTURE
    2 Transmissions and 1 rear diff had shattered. The chassis was not without its strains and stresses After 2 carbon fiber hoods, 1 regular hood and 4 windshields this car had been beaten.

One day, while driving my daily driver honda (89Accord LXi 4dr) I had spotted this Bright yellow Subie, Also a 2 dr, Also an RS.
    Upon further inspection, it too was broken. No motor. But it was Beautiful.
    It was the shop owner's son's car. I stopped in to see how much it was. He asked me to appraise it for him. "whats it worth?" At the time it seemed quite well out of reach. I told him honestly, $2000-2500 Is what I would have valued the shell at considering it was 2008. $250 Bucks and its yours he said. "Literally, an offer I could not refuse." I ate ramen that week.

INSERT PICTURE

5. RallysportCorey

I will arrive the 15th Of November.

6. RallysportCorey

POST SAVED ( Yellow shell, green 4dr)

7. RallysportCorey

Post Saved (yellow shell, green wagon, yellow motor build 1, FOZ)

8. RallysportCorey

Post Saved ( Yellow motor Build 2, Foz Dead.)

9. RallysportCorey

Post Saved ( Yellow NA, Red 4dr.)

10. RallysportCorey

Post Saved ( Yellow Turbo- Sold red 4dr. Bought 2 more 1st gens for $750 , 2nd Green 4 Dr, Lil Red wagon)

11. RallysportCorey

Post Saved ( Really fast yellow RS - Broke green 4dr, Fixed Lil Red wagon)

12. RallysportCorey

Post Saved ( Broken Really fast yellow RS - traded Lil red wagon for Lexus Is300 - Current)

13. RallysportCorey

Thanks for Bearing With Me so far! It has been a LONG Story. Full of mistakes and misfortune. If it can Be broken, I can break it. I hope my time in Minnesota will be far less eventful than my time here in Nebraska.

14. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Moar please!

And welcome!!

BlueSubaruGirl and Deathly like this.
  15. SurlyOldManMN

SurlyOldManMN Omdat fok jou Staff Member

See you on 35E broham!

derp, Deathly and JasonoJordan like this.