Independent shops for STI

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by feldmm, Jul 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feldmm

feldmm Guest

I'm a Subaru newbie. Can anybody recommend independent shops in the Twin Cities that do maintenance work and performance mods on the STI? Any opinions on dealer shops for warrantee work?

Thanks.

2. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

Welcome to the MN subaru community. Sorry to say but there isn't any Subaru shop that I'd recommend personally, others may disagree. Best way to work on your Subaru is do it yourself... if it's warranty you're looking for... any Subaru dealership should cover it under warranty.

We get a 10% discount for parts through Brooklyn Ctr (Prk) Morries dealership.

We do have a Subaru mechanic who works on cars for a living... Todd will come in here at one point to introduce himself.

We do have a lot of guys in here who's very knowledgeable about Subaru that can help you out depending on your need.

Again, welcome!

Vic

3. DISCOPOPE

DISCOPOPE Well-Known Member

new guys always buy us beer.
    ;)

4. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

welcome michael :D

5 words that you should remenber

"<font color="red">RED</font id="red"> and White is Tight"!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

5. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

Michael Feldman Welcome! :D

6. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by feldmm

I'm a Subaru newbie. Can anybody recommend independent shops in the Twin Cities that do maintenance work and performance mods on the STI? Any opinions on dealer shops for warrantee work?

Thanks.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Welcome! can I recomend shops to do maintenance work? No, I do all the work on my STI myself. Performance mods, no not there either I do all that also.

Warrentee work? what is that? I dont think I have a warrentee:eek: could it be all those mods?:D

I am always open to help people on there cars, you can certainly contact me if you need assistance. I am sure you can get some recomindations of the listers here if you like.

Matt

Ps. do you ride motorcycles? I have an aquaintance from the past with the same name. After looking at your profile you live in Edina as well, sounds like the same person. You would know me through Doug Lofgren.

7. feldmm

feldmm Guest

Thanks everyone for your responses. Yes, I'm on the Ducati list as well. Doug just got back from Laguna Seca, and apparently was on the Speed Channel last night.

Michael

8. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by feldmm

Thanks everyone for your responses. Yes, I'm on the Ducati list as well. Doug just got back from Laguna Seca, and apparently was on the Speed Channel last night.

Michael

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

LOL Well welcome, I think you should remember me? Matt Shaffer I use to work with Doug at MPS.

If you need any help with your STI I am one of the people who helps people with their cars here on the list. I have my STI apart right now for some upgrades and should be done soon. You should look at it when I am done.

Why was Doug on speed? Please fill me in!

Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.