Injector cleaning recommendations

Discussion in 'Modifications And Maintenance' started by Butthau5, Oct 29, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Butthau5

Butthau5 Well-Known Member

Does anyone on here do fuel injector cleaning/testing? A friend has sti pink injectors that I'm looking to install on my wrx but they have been sitting for over 2 years. I'm not trying to install them just to have to pull them out. Alternatively is there any good way to kind of diy clean them if I can't find someone who does it professionally? Thanks.

2. joebush44

joebush44 Well-Known Member

I've seen people use a 9v battery and alligator clips to connect the injector to a power source, then hose it down with fuel injector cleaner. Kinda ghetto, but better than not doing it at all. There's a bunch of videos of these methods on YouTube.

Ideally, I would send them somewhere where they can be flow tested to ensure they are all flowing about the same amount within a certain percentage. If you have one that's not flowing as much as the other 3 that's a good recipe for a melted piston. I know Off the Line Performance can flow test/clean injectors and you can just mail them down and get them back within the week generally. But I'm sure there are shops more local to you in the Cities that can do it too - JM, DB, MAP, etc.

3. Butthau5

Thank you for response I'll hit up the locals to see if they offer that service
    Edit* update I called JM and the only place they know of is a place called Mohs Performance. I called them up and asked about pricing. The guy had a thick accent, Indian maybe? It was hard to understand him has anyone done business with this place?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  4. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

I wonder if he's the guy calling me every effing day to get me to buy an extended warranty on my car?

5. MrBlue

MrBlue Well-Known Member

FYI you can get new "Denso" pink or blues off e-bay shipped to your door for around $50
    Just make sure the ND is cast into the body mold. Been running mine for 3 years no problems

6. Butthau5

50 per injector? My friend had these laying around and I found I had bad injector seals. Figured if I'm pulling them out might as well upgrade to support a bigger turbo someday. If it's 50 bucks for the set that would have been way cheaper but it's too late now lol. I brought them to Mohs to have them cleaned and flow tested. Was a beautiful gtr parked outside when I pulled up. They seemed like pretty chill dudes. Their system for dropping off injectors is interesting.

Attached Files:

tangledupinblu likes this.
  7. MrBlue

MrBlue Well-Known Member

Yes $50 a set of 4

Butthau5 likes this.
  8. Butthau5

Welp I gooched it I guess lmao. Oh well lesson learned, do your research folks.

MrBlue likes this.