Insurance Rates

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Snowbum, Mar 18, 2008.

1. pksublime

pksublime Well-Known Member

mines $1k every 6 for my 06 WRX at age 24 with a three year clean record (tickets/accidents)
    getting married soon (very soon) and turning 25 soon too - both will help a LOT

2. esperunit

esperunit Well-Known Member

has more to do with where you live than how old you are though. I pay for a neighborhood that is probably more expensive to insure than most people on the forum, as there are many suburbanites here.

3. Rexarew

Rexarew Subie Girl

I have full coverage on the 02 wrx and 99rs with 500 deductable and I pay 160$ a month. But I'm a girl and our rates are usually a little lower for some reason! I'm only 23 so I think my insurance goes down again in a couple of years!

4. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

+1
    3 years ago, both my insurance and the gf's dropped considerably when we moved from Minneapolis (25th and Lyndale-ish) to Roseville. Roseville isn't even way the hell out.

5. Hallywood

Hallywood Well-Known Member

I had my car on Geico's "storage" coverage when I lived in Edina. I was paying $15/mnth I then moved my car to my parents place in Chaska to store it for a few months while we were in the process of moving, the rate jumped to $50/mnth

I asked why and they said that there is more crime in Chaska than there is in Edina and Minneapolis, needless to say I told the guy he was a complete idiot and didn't make the official "change".

Oh, I would be paying $218/mnth through Geico, 1 no fault and 3 speeding. I am changing today to the same company our homeowner's insurance is under and get a multi car discount at the same time. It should go down some.

6. PRA4SNO

PRA4SNO Well-Known Member

I pay around $130 per month for full coverage on my wagon...

And thats at allstate nonetheless...they charge out the butt for insurance.

Your accident is off your record. Wiped clean every 3 years, at least thats how allstate works.

I have no tickets, but had a bad accident when I was 16. When that went off my record a few years ago, my insurance dropped 24%

7. Dan

Dan New Member

About $2200 a year for four cars, full coverage on each, $100 deductible, plus and umbrella policy (roughly $183/month). Home coverage is another $430 or so. All on State Farm. The service has been so good over the years that we don't bother looking for cheaper rates elsewhere. YMMV.

You may want to look into renters' insurance - the cost is probably negligible and will get you a multiple policy discount. If it costs you $10 a month but gets you a 5-10% discount, then it's worth it (I'm guessing on those numbers - check with your agent). Plus your other stuff is covered, as well.

8. frichdan

frichdan New Member

When I first got my car Spring 07, I was paying $496/month cause I had two acciedents on my record. After 3 months of that they were finally off and now I'm paying ave. $196/month threw Farmers.

Both rates are for Full Coverage.

9. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Well-Known Member

Holy crap!! That's like a car payment...

10. frichdan

frichdan New Member

Yeah! LOL it was a few less then my payments... like, by $2!

Stupid Fender Benders & Dropping **** on th ground while young and not knowing how to drive!

11. LittleMissJackStand

LittleMissJackStand New Member

I pay about $1200 for 2 cars a year with full coverage and a $250 deductible.

12. RichWRX

RichWRX Well-Known Member

I just got my new statment today, I pay $610 for 6 months 2004wrx, 2004sti ,99rs, and 2000 bonneville

and my sti is $12 a month :)

13. xxtraloud

xxtraloud New Member

I got a speeding ticket in August of 2005. but I had and have a DL from another state, would that count? now, how does it work if the car gets stolen?

14. piddster

piddster Lone Wolf

$380 a year. '93 Legacy "L" on liability and comp. Been four years since two tickets. 26 years old. :biggrin:

15. devildevil

devildevil Well-Known Member

i paid $295 a month on my audi with a $1,000 deductible!! wrx was $160 the last time it was insured... which was probably '06. its been parked WAY too long. my diesel is $90 a month for liability bc as they say "it's a 1 ton so that raises your LIABILITY insurance" how in the hell does that work? liability they insure your driving not what kinda vehicle it is...

16. 1meanrex

1meanrex Well-Known Member

man i pay $220 a month for the sti with a $500 dollar deductible and full glass through progressive and im 22.

17. mccolley85

mccolley85 Active Member

$160 a month for full coverage on 05 STI.

18. SubeN'Siren

SubeN'Siren Well-Known Member

I got raped by progressive for many years...turns out they were charging me risk insurance...even though I've never (yes, never) had a ticket.
    They wouldn't give me an answer why, I didn't find out until I shopped around, and my current agent told me why my rates were so high.

19. 1meanrex

1meanrex Well-Known Member

yea i was paying 320 a month 1000 deductible and no glass when i was with amfam. that was not fun seeing 329 is my car payment. whew cant wait till im 25/26.

20. xxtraloud

xxtraloud New Member

how does employment status affect the rate? is it better to put student or part-time.

I could be considered both