Interest in building a 24h of Lemons car?

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by EricS, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Shancaldazar

Shancaldazar Well-Known Member

At the weekly subaru meet? I'll try to make it out. Working 3 different jobs right now, so things get a little hectic!

2. EricS

EricS Nooberator

Yeah, one of the upcoming weekly meets at Boom Island on Tuesday nights, let us know which one you would be able to drop by :) Sounds like @belalegosi should be there too :thumbup:

belalegosi likes this.
  3. EricS

EricS Nooberator

I think a good place to work on it during the winter would be critical, someplace reasonable secure, with heat, and not too expensive... Any ideas?

4. Curry

Curry Well-Known Member

Ideally, one of the team member's garage for access to tools and potentially less time restriction, but there are opportunities to rent garage space.

5. Driveshaft

Driveshaft Well-Known Member

I'm interested and might have a car to use. 90 Beretta GTZ w/Quad 4. Let me know

EricS and readymix like this.
  6. Threshld1

Threshld1 Well-Known Member

7. EricS

EricS Nooberator

8. glen

glen Well-Known Member

Great opportunity, that car is sorted and would be competitive out of the box, plus you can probably get a great spare parts package.

9. Curry

Curry Well-Known Member

I have cash I can pitch in BUT, ... I think its a bit of putting the cart before the horse. Storage space, transportation, committed drivers acknowledgement of other hurdles, discussion on what we need in general, etc...

@EricS, If you wanted to go look at it this week, I can probably find some time Thursday evening.

10. EricS

EricS Nooberator

Yeah, as tempting as the deal is, the timing's not right :) Something will come up later, when ducks are in row etc...

11. Curry

Curry Well-Known Member

If we were to mobilize quickly and have firm commitment, I would be interested in looking at it. Its a lot of car for the money and much of the prep has been done.

12. glen

glen Well-Known Member

It's free to look

EricS likes this.
  13. EricS

EricS Nooberator

Right now (and probably for the foreseeable future) I have time, not money to pitch in - dang new (old) houses are $$$ :) I'd be happy to come with you Curry and take a look. I think @belalegosi is reliable and in-ish? What's your status on this project mr K, in terms of current fundage and time? I know you just dropped a chunk on the STI swap tho :) What about you @Nhibbs , sounded like you were looking for a prepped car to buy earlier in the thread, or was that just talk ;) :D

14. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

I can't commit at the moment either, but I'm watching the thread and keeping in the loop in case anything changes. Worst, case, I may be able to lend a hand when you guys are working on the car.

On a side note - there is a seat for sale in that craigslist ad which is on my short list seats that may actually fit my tall ass. I've reached out to see if I can stop by today or tomorrow to check it out. I'll take a peek at the car too.

EricS likes this.
  15. EricS

EricS Nooberator

I'm going to see if maybe they could accommodate a dropby tonight if you want to come, sounds like @Curry mentioned doing that?

16. Curry

Curry Well-Known Member

I have to back out for taking a look at it tonight. I have a ton of crap to get done tonight.

17. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

The guy emailed me back when I asked about the seat, and he said that he won't be there today. I'm going to try to stop by tomorrow, but I think I can only go during day.

EricS likes this.
  18. belalegosi

belalegosi Well-Known Member

I don't have the time to do it. :(
    I've got to many cars as it is and struggling to get my own projects done! If I'm going to do this, I'm going full bore so until I have time... I'm just going to be a miserable spectator.
    I would help out when I can if someone forms a team though!

EricS likes this.
  19. EricS

EricS Nooberator

No worries bela :) where's your shipment now?

20. belalegosi

belalegosi Well-Known Member

2 days late!
    Somewhere in kansas city last it was updated

21. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

EricS likes this.
  22. EricS

EricS Nooberator

FYI I heard back from the E30 guy, he's pretty busy this weekend but should be able to meet in the first half of next week if someone wants.

23. glen

glen Well-Known Member

Reminder, we are racing at Road America next weekend, it's totally worth going to check it out for anyone considering getting into this.

24. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

build a LEMONS car.. arent all subarus technically that???

blackozone and tangledupinblu like this.
  25. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

I'm about to have two cars for sale, both would make good race cars(not beauty queens). Not sure if you guys are considering Subarus as an option tho as i haven't read the entire thread.

26. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

got 1 kid coming and you are selling off the cars.. you do know you can fit 3 car seats in a wrx right?? I did ;)

27. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Well we have 4 Subarus right now...so, something has got to give! And FWIW, i'm only selling half of them! ;)

EricS likes this.
  28. EricS

EricS Nooberator

I'm not likely to have any time for racecar this winter unfortunately, life intercedes :)

29. Cmezz331

Cmezz331 Member

I know me and at least one of my buddies would be interested in this! I know I'm new but I'd like to meet all of you!

30. glen

glen Well-Known Member

Come on out to Poor Richard's in Bloomington on March 7th at 6pm for the Annual MN Racers' Happy Hour! We'll have screens available for video so bring your race footage for everyone's entertainment and uninvited criticism. There will be good conversation, bench racing, outright lies, and maybe even some bragging. We'll have swag from World Racing League and ChumpCar World Series as well as representatives from NASA, SCCA, and anyone else who happens to wander through the door. Rumor has it that Joey Todd will be escaping the brutal winter climate of Texas to join us and that Mike Morrison will also find his way to the land of 10,000 BMW's.

It's free to join in on the fun, but the food and drinks are on your dime until we get enough Surly's in Tubby Butterman to steal his card. If we fail to do that, just raid your brake pad fund or something. It's bound to be a good time, looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Event page for those of you on the book of faces
    https://www.facebook.com/events/4037159 ... ll_comment

Nhibbs likes this.
  31. glen

glen Well-Known Member

32. glen

glen Well-Known Member

EricS likes this.
  33. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

I've driven (raced) that car!
    I don't know it's current status, but it was originally built by Mike Wray, who knows how to do race cars right. Here's the car he currently wrenches on:
    [​IMG]

EricS and tangledupinblu like this.
  34. EricS

EricS Nooberator

Thanks Glen I appreciate the pointers! I don't know if this kind of thing is in the cards right now cause of life evemtd, but I may try to help @Curry wrench on his BMW racecar instead :)

35. KA-T_240

KA-T_240 Well-Known Member

I know of two BMW's for sale between my buddies. One is a E30, the other an E36. Bot are great cars and ready to rock for your series of choice. If you are interested, I can get you in contact with the owners.

36. glen

glen Well-Known Member

TMF likes this.